Robert Woods talks about stuff

nice kid . I am wishing him success.

In couple years , if the fans dont do an about face before then by resharpening the pitch forks and add kindling to the bonfire, this young team all around has quite a ceiling. And in my mind this has been the 1st draft of the new regime .

Very exciting for the future but tempered with some patience this time around.

Thanks for review BB

He's the second guy I've heard discribe the Bills offense as simple (after EJ who then kind of retracted his remarks). And "We're trying to be a fast fast-paced offense." That sounds great to me. if we have good talent and coaching, it doesn't matter if the sceme is simple. You can't teach speed. And the lesser known corollary: Watching tape won't allow you to defend against speed (or talent, or conditioning).

He said his biggest transition is going to be playing in the weather, the snow. I'm not sure he really knows who is in the division yet, saying we play some great teams like Green Bay, New England.... I think he thinks AFC East = Cold Division.

It sounds like he wants a fast car that is completely impractical on snow.

He seems like a great kid and I'm thrilled to have him on the team.

He's the second guy I've heard discribe the Bills offense as simple (after EJ who then kind of retracted his remarks).

You beat me to it. That's what I heard and it stuck out. I also agree that an offense doesn't have to be complicated to be successful. I think that was part of the downfall of the Gailey offense, it was too complicated.

I'm not sure he really knows who is in the division yet, saying we play some great teams like Green Bay, New England....

I heard him say earlier in the interview that the Patsie, Jets, and Fish were in the division. He knows our schedule and mentioned Green Bay as a tough game. Also knew we play Tampa Bay.

Seems like a nice kid. I really wanted him in the draft and am looking forward to watching him play this season.

Edited by reddogblitz

I heard him say earlier in the interview that the Patsie, Jets, and Fish were in the division. He knows our schedule and mentioned Green Bay as a tough game. Also knew we play Tampa Bay.

Seems like a nice kid. I really wanted him in the draft and am looking forward to watching him play this season.

We play Green Bay? When?

The first time it came up the interviewer was feeding it to him.

I'm not always one for the small town Paranoia but "I'm gonna stock up while I'm in Buffalo" really does seem like he is saying "while I'm in minor league in Buffalo I won't spend any money. When I become a free agent and go to a real city then I'll buy the car I want. "

He seems like nice guy. I don't like nice guys in the NFL. I won't a mean Richardhead WR that will go win jump balls.

I really want him to be succesfull IN Buffalo.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm not always one for the small town Paranoia but "I'm gonna stock up while I'm in Buffalo" really does seem like he is saying "while I'm in minor league in Buffalo I won't spend any money. When I become a free agent and go to a real city then I'll buy the car I want. "

He seems like nice guy. I don't like nice guys in the NFL. I won't a mean Richardhead WR that will go win jump balls.

I really want him to be succesfull IN Buffalo.

You're really looking for things to worry about. 4 years is a long way off.

There is no correlation between the "complexity" of an offense and it's effectiveness. None whatsoever. You won't find any simpler offenses than those run in recent years by Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Schemes don't mean diddley.

GO BILLS!!!

He's the second guy I've heard discribe the Bills offense as simple (after EJ who then kind of retracted his remarks). And "We're trying to be a fast fast-paced offense." That sounds great to me. if we have good talent and coaching, it doesn't matter if the sceme is simple. You can't teach speed. And the lesser known corollary: Watching tape won't allow you to defend against speed (or talent, or conditioning).

He said his biggest transition is going to be playing in the weather, the snow. I'm not sure he really knows who is in the division yet, saying we play some great teams like Green Bay, New England.... I think he thinks AFC East = Cold Division.

It sounds like he wants a fast car that is completely impractical on snow.

He seems like a great kid and I'm thrilled to have him on the team.

Every bit of this post you nailed it

Matt!

You have a darned good perspective on the team and the kid .

I really laughed out loud about the bolded bits. Thats gotta be right :thumbsup: .

I'm thinking at this point, he is a kid who is going to work hard and already has plenty of talent.

You want aggressive ? Lets leave that to the defense WSS . Like Bradham and Alonso .

Woods sounds like a kitty cat . But..

We shall see when Gilmore presses him . I bet Pettine is going to turn it up a notch for the rookie WRs all eleventeen of them including Cragg to get them up to NFL speed as fast as they can. Same with CBs and safety.

So expect Woods to land at the #2 outside and be in decent position to do succeed . Lets hope he and the other kids can pull some attention away from stevie and chandler or CJ etc.

There is no correlation between the "complexity" of an offense and it's effectiveness. None whatsoever. You won't find any simpler offenses than those run in recent years by Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Schemes don't mean diddley.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. The K-Gun offense of the glory years had only about 10 basic plays, with variation of personnel and alignment. The key was the QB (and also the center) making the correct reads and executing. It comes down to the players on the field. Chan's offense was overly complicated, especially for the talent he had available. He constantly out-thought himself.