Hackett broadening scope for each offensive player

http://www.buffalobi...1d-ee8e60ebe07d

Chris Brown:

Offensive Coordinator Nathaniel Hackett feels it's important for all the players on offense to possess that all-encompassing view of the offense, and he used that philosophy in installing his new offense.

Installing an offensive system and having a new roster of players execute it effectively sooner rather than later is no easy task, especially when a good portion of the talent on offense is very green. Such is the case for Bills offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett. Fortunately for Buffalo's offense Hackett has devised a way to develop synergistic thinking on his entire unit........

"[/Quote]

Very interesting. Really speaks volumes about how the game has evolved over the past 20 years. It's now a cerebral game (as much as physical). Happy to see Hackett revolutionize something that I always took for granted. These RB's, WR's and TE's all need to know where everyone is at all times. I think Chan tried to instill this process into his offense last year but the "gosh darn thing was so cotton pickin complex the players were probably more confused than a raccoon climbin' Buddy's leg"

I think Chan tried to instill this process into his offense last year but the "gosh darn thing was so cotton pickin complex the players were probably more confused than a raccoon climbin' Buddy's leg"

Dagnabit!

That probably made 'em hotter than a hornet's nest on the Fourth of July!

This is great until we cut one of our WR's and New England signs them and then knows our entire offense.

Not specifically picking on you, FiSD, but could there be any more overrated "fear" by fans than this? I don't think it means diddly poo.

Not specifically picking on you, FiSD, but could there be any more overrated "fear" by fans than this? I don't think it means diddly poo.

i think there's truth to both. Just because the player knows the entire offense, doesn't mean anything if the offense just executes perfectly. And with everyone knowing each position, there is hope that the execution is greater than the defenses.

However, there is some fear that a genius like BB could really use that information properly and shut us out on opening day.

Remember when we signed that Corner or Safety from New England and we blew them out like 31 to 0 in the next game we played them. It was because we knew ever play call Brady was going to make.

Remember when we signed that Corner or Safety from New England and we blew them out like 31 to 0 in the next game we played them. It was because we knew ever play call Brady was going to make.

Lawyer Milloy -- yes I remember, but I still believe that aspect of things is very overrated. And I think it's different if a guy is signed literally days before a game, when gameplans have already been installed. I think that's what happened with Milloy.

Lawyer Milloy -- yes I remember, but I still believe that aspect of things is very overrated. And I think it's different if a guy is signed literally days before a game, when gameplans have already been installed. I think that's what happened with Milloy.

Lawyer Milloy, I couldn't remember his name, anyways after the last cut down, we play NE first, are they going to change the system just before the season? Probably not, I think it could give NE an insight into our offense.

Lawyer Milloy, I couldn't remember his name, anyways after the last cut down, we play NE first, are they going to change the system just before the season? Probably not, I think it could give NE an insight into our offense.

Insight into the offense -- sure, but you get that after watching one preseason game. If it was that important, then every team with a new coaching staff would dominate in their first game, since the other team has no "insight" into their scheme.

Specific game planning is a different animal, and that is not generally shared with all of the players until the week of the game.

No, it was because the Patriot team was devastated one of their leaders and most popular players were cut right before the season started and they were not in the right mindset to play football that day...

i like the concept quite a bit. it could help with yards after the catch a bit, setting up blocks and taking proper angles to put the downfield recievers between themselves and the defenders. i also like how it stresses the importance of player actions away from the intended direction of the play.

I dont care if the offense is dumbed down to play A, B, and C just as long we win

CBF

A. pass

B. run

C....?

maybe we only need 2?

Rah-rah, blah-blah... Sounds great. It always sounds great.

Lets see some friggen offensive fire power...

Better yet, lets see some friggen wins.

Whew. This thread really needed some heroes. Way to keep us grounded, guys. We'd be lost without you.