Hackett broadening scope for each offensive player

i like the concept quite a bit. it could help with yards after the catch a bit, setting up blocks and taking proper angles to put the downfield recievers between themselves and the defenders. i also like how it stresses the importance of player actions away from the intended direction of the play.

A. pass

B. run

C....?

maybe we only need 2?

I like it, sand lot football, in the huddle, everyone go deep and I'll pass it or the give is to CJ and everyone block for him.

Lawyer Milloy, I couldn't remember his name, anyways after the last cut down, we play NE first, are they going to change the system just before the season? Probably not, I think it could give NE an insight into our offense.

Insight into the offense -- sure, but you get that after watching one preseason game. If it was that important, then every team with a new coaching staff would dominate in their first game, since the other team has no "insight" into their scheme.

Specific game planning is a different animal, and that is not generally shared with all of the players until the week of the game.

I'm with EBall on this one. I think it's a vastly overrated concept by fans. But Bills fans dwell on it because of the 2003 Week One win over New England.

I highly doubt there's any intel that the fellas breaking down the film can't glean without a player's help.

Whew. This thread really needed some heroes. Way to keep us grounded, guys. We'd be lost without you.

Normally I am pretty optimistic, but this fluff stuff about "a whole new approach" and everyone playing better because they all understand each other is soft rah rah stuff.

Either the guys are talented and ready to play or they are not. You do this stuff every day for at least a decade and it can't be some huge mysterious missing communication link that's solved by some cliff notes that makes you finally understand which hot read the QB is going to on a left corner blitz.

Some of these deep routed coaching "philosophies" just strike a empty rhetoric chord with me.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Normally I am pretty optimistic, but this fluff stuff about "a whole new approach" and everyone playing better because they all understand each other is soft rah rah stuff.

Either the guys are talented and ready to play or they are not. You do this stuff every day for at least a decade and it can't be some huge mysterious missing communication link that's solved by some cliff notes that makes you finally understand which hot read the QB is going too on a left corner blitz.

All these deep routed coaching "philosophies" just fill air time until the real games begin.

Yeah...no ****.

It's June, buddy. Take it or leave it, I don't understand what else you could possibly expect.

Either the guys are talented and ready to play or they are not. You do this stuff every day for at least a decade and it can't be some huge mysterious missing communication link that's solved by some cliff notes that makes you finally understand which hot read the QB is going too on a left corner blitz.

All these deep routed coaching "philosophies" just fill air time until the real games begin.

i think that what the coordinator is going for here is team awareness. rather than getting caught up solely in individual responsibilities, knowing also what the team is doing around you can give you an overall advantage. and while i agree that if you do this for any length of time, you know the generalities of it, but if you know specifically where other people are and what they are trying to do, then you can maybe get some opportunities for extended plays.

Yeah...no ****.

It's June, buddy. Take it or leave it, I don't understand what else you could possibly expect.

I expect my "rah rah, blah blah...." Wouldn't be met with such angst. Since you agree it's a bunch of pointless fluff, then a simple "ur right man" would be just fine! Thanks!

My comment was geared towards refuting the viewpoint that the additional info being added to the mix is at all different than what was likely going on all along and that it will somehow revolutionize the way the team plays.

Nate is appearing to me to be a rather intelligent man in regard to football and specifically to the offense running as best it is allowed.

His comparison to basketball was nice.

Lets keep in mind that a play is not just the callled play many options can occur. The better the whole O is prepared and aware of breakdowns and responding to defense creating pressures allow the guys downfield to adjust quickly and help the QB out.

That has been a weakness . And surely it would help the new QBs to do well.

Put me down as Nate Hackett fan , and with respect to his Dad for his teaching .

Not just for this blurb but for the whole body of work he and Marrone are putting in.

I still expect 1st year struggles but i can see some daylight for the offense and these rookies solidifying sooner than later

No, it was because the Patriot team was devastated one of their leaders and most popular players were cut right before the season started and they were not in the right mindset to play football that day...

And we had a bunch of New defensive players besides Milloy on that team starting for the first time...And one was a beast on that day...Takeo Spikes!

And who can forget Sam Adams scoring a TD! SI cover photo and all!

Unforgettable! I wish I could've been at the Ralph that day because the crowd looked insane on the broadcast, especially as Sam was bumblin and stumblin down the sideline. Chris Berman had me cracking up with the highlight, he liked to call him "The Keg."

And Brady's sitting on his A** on the turf of RWS.

Recap from the game: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=230907002

BTW, Sam Adam's TD was a 37-yard Return...Freaking almost half the field.....