Stephon Gilmore has "made a leap"....

Love seeing this kinda stuff on the wire (this one from Rotoworld):

Bills GM Doug Whaley says CB Stephon Gilmore has "made a leap" in his second NFL offseason.

It's a scary thought for No. 1 receivers in the AFC East. Gilmore flashed true shutdown ability over the final 11 games of his rookie year, allowing a 53.5 completion rate on throws into his coverage and not a single touchdown while often shadowing opposing No. 1s. When receivers play the Bills this season, Gilmore's presence will be something for fantasy owners to take seriously.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love seeing this kinda stuff on the wire (this one from Rotoworld):

Bills GM Doug Whaley says CB Stephon Gilmore has "made a leap" in his second NFL offseason.

It's a scary thought for No. 1 receivers in the AFC East. Gilmore flashed true shutdown ability over the final 11 games of his rookie year, allowing a 53.5 completion rate on throws into his coverage and not a single touchdown while often shadowing opposing No. 1s. When receivers play the Bills this season, Gilmore's presence will be something for fantasy owners to take seriously.

Whaley actually said that in his interview with Chris Brown on the Bills website: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158374-whaley-named-bills-gm/page__st__180#entry2829777

It will be interesting to see how heavy sell out blitz we are if we have a true shut down corner in Gilmore

When the jets had Revis they would blitz with reckless abandon

Having Cromartie on the other side was kind of nice, too. If McKelvin can be that kind of CB, Pettine will have all sorts of scheme flexibility.

GO BILLS!!!

The interview with Whaley was less than stellar. NP for me.

But the question was actually about Leodis .

I did not care for the Chris Brown's interview with Doug. It was weak. Thats no problem either its just D W getting his feet wet as the Big Guy GM voice of the team .

But dont overate the Gilmore reference.

Let Stephon prove himself on game day. he will be very very good i think but lets wait please.

Also Doug said that L M is the # 2.

This should be a fun secondary to pay attention to this coming season.

The interview with Whaley was less than stellar. NP for me.

But the question was actually about Leodis .

I did not care for the Chris Brown's interview with Doug. It was weak. Thats no problem either its just D W getting his feet wet as the Big Guy GM voice of the team .

But dont overate the Gilmore reference.

Let Stephon prove himself on game day. he will be very very good i think but lets wait please.

Also Doug said that L M is the # 2.

This should be a fun secondary to pay attention to this coming season.

I love these posts.

Fan #1 posts offseason fluff piece

Fan #2 warns to temper expectations because they haven't played yet.

Never fails!

Show me the baby!

I love these posts.

Never fails!

Show me the baby!

Am i that predictable !! I must be full fledged then.

Thanks WSS : )

I love these posts.

Never fails!

Show me the baby!

And Fan #3 jumps in to comment on Fan 1 and Fan 2.

Never fails.

GO BILLS!!!