League alters stadium bag policy

The NFL is now prohibiting purses and other similar bags from pro football stadiums.

Fans will be encouraged to bring no bags of any kind to NFL stadiums. Starting with the 2013 preseason, only certain bags will be permitted.

Specifically, the bags must be clear, and they must be made of plastic, vinyl, or PVC. The dimensions may not exceed 12 inches by six inches by 12 inches. Alternatively, fans may bring a one-gallon Ziploc (product placement!) freezer bag.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/league-alters-bag-policy-for-safety-convenience/

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they really trying to discourage, people bringing in their own food and beverages?

I know exactly. Went to a Sabre game with a bottle of water. Couldn't bring it in, yet they sold the same branded water 20' from the entrance for like $3 too. As Barkless said "Feel safer already"

That sucks…if my wife can’t bring her purse in, that means I’ll have to carry a bunch of that crap. :doh:

Better hope it is not that TIME of the month or you are carrying that in too

What's next .... a no underwear rule to prevent underwear bombs?

What are they really trying to discourage, people bringing in their own food and beverages?

People not buying enough of the NFL's sh*t.

Coincidentally, clear plastic tote bags bearing official NFL team logos are available for purchase.An

I know exactly. Went to a Sabre game with a bottle of water. Couldn't bring it in, yet they sold the same branded water 20' from the entrance for like $3 too. As Barkless said "Feel safer already"

See, I don't have a problem with that -- they have contracts with the bottled water company, for example. Lots of places don't allow you to bring your own food/drink. But the bag ban goes far beyond that. I've been to Green Bay in December -- those aluminum benches are freaking cold!! But no seat cushions allowed now.

I don't mind this policy at all. It should help with waiting times at the gate, which have become ridiculous with all of the "bag-checking" that has to be done.

As for bringing in your own food/drink -- hasn't been a concern for me since I outgrew stuffing the sleeves of my parka with beer cans.

I've been a season ticket holder for coming up on 26 years, and I've never once brought a bag into a game. Blankets? Sure. Extra clothes? Yep. Duffel bag? Not once.

Another change that doesn't affect me at all...guess I'll keep going to games.