Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

Although it pains me to suggest it ... We might actually have a Byrd's replacement in the wings already . And if Coach can line them up accentuating these guys strengths using multiple looks and personnel combos we may not miss a beat .

But i would still rather keep Jairus if he was willing. Seems like such an awesome opporunity Byrd right here right now.

You ..Snarky ?

Bravo

If the Bills defense missed a beat, how would we know?

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills defense missed a beat, how would we know?

GO BILLS!!!

Oh boy.

This isn't like the tree falling in the woods question is it ?

I still have yet to figure that one out .

Allow me to rephrase.

Our newly fangled potential free safeties and coaching stylings might well be up to the task sooner than later and able to fit up.

Duke Williams is a fellow i have will keep on my radar and i found J. Meeks and interesting pick.

Sounds like good news honestly. Like things might be in the works.

How do you get "good news" from that? I am seriously asking. Is there some code I am unaware of? Or is it just because he hasn't tweeted in months?

jairus byrd (@jairusbyrd) tweeted at 0:16 PM on Sun, Jun 30, 2013:

“@Man_drew1109: @jairusbyrd Ill be a fan no mater where you play, just hope its with the Bills”<thanks

(

)

Looks like he RT a fan. Seems like he is getting friendly again.

How do you get "good news" from that? I am seriously asking. Is there some code I am unaware of? Or is it just because he hasn't tweeted in months?

If nothing else, the absence if bad news is good at this crossroad. I wouldn't say it means a deal is in the works but positivity coming from him is better than the alternative

jairus byrd (@jairusbyrd) tweeted at 0:16 PM on Sun, Jun 30, 2013:

“@Man_drew1109: @jairusbyrd Ill be a fan no mater where you play, just hope its with the Bills”<thanks

(https://twitter.com/...373600940503041)

Looks like he RT a fan. Seems like he is getting friendly again.

You know what, I think that RT is great news. It means he wants to a Bill. Also the "been a minute tweet" could well mean they finally settled on the contract, prolly working out the finer details.

http://www.nationalf...-the-Bills.html

Is Byrd really worth $8m or $9m pa? Perhaps Eugene & Jairus can take a look at this link from the Titans game and then get back to Doug Whaley. Top Safety in the NFL? Just sign the $6.91m contract and be grateful.

Byrd is averaging 3 INTs per season in the last 3 seasons. Not elite numbers.

FWIW:

Total Interceptions in their first four years in the NFL

Ed Reed 22

Antonio Cromartie 15 (18 in his first 5 seasons - he did not play in his rookie year)

Ty Law 18

Jarius Byrd 18

Asante Samuel 16

Champ Bailey 16

Deltha O'Neal 15

Darren Sharper 14

Rod Woodson 13

Charles Woodson 10

Eric Weddell 6

Rhonde Barber 6

FWIW:

Total Interceptions in their first four years in the NFL

Ed Reed 22

Antonio Cromartie 15 (18 in his first 5 seasons - he did not play in his rookie year)

Ty Law 18

Jarius Byrd 18

Asante Samuel 16

Champ Bailey 16

Deltha O'Neal 15

Darren Sharper 14

Rod Woodson 13

Charles Woodson 10

Eric Weddell 6

Rhonde Barber 6

9 year one for Byrd, 9 last 3 years = 18.

Ed Reed also had 1 year with 9.

Byrd 10ff 5fr

Your turn.

I'll play.

Compare stats all you want. Byrd WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS ED REED! It is a physical impossibility.

Simple as that. End of story.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I'll play.

Compare stats all you want. Byrd WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS ED REED! It is a physical impossibility.

Simple as that. End of story.

GO BILLS!!!

You lost very quickly. I guess you "knew" Hernandez would kill people also.

Edited by Ralph W.

You lost very quickly. I guess you "knew" Hernandez would kill people also.

The idiocy of this post aside, Byrd just doesn't have the superior athletic physical skills of an Ed Reed.

Like I said, compare stats all you want. That's for folks that lack insight. It's how players effect the game play in and play out, not just when they are getting turnovers. Turnovers are the exception, not the rule. Being in the right spots to impact plays on a play to play basis is the name of the game. Byrd just isn't fast or quick enough to do that on the same HOF level as an Ed Reed.

GO BILLS!!!

Duke Williams will open everyone's eyes about Jairus Byrd... This freakishly talented, and instinctivee rookie will have all of you Byrd-watchers screaming for Duke Nuke'em!

If the little Byrdie doesn't fall in line, it loses it's job to this kid. He is for real... -The genuine article.

Edited by #34fan