Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

Lol Byrd played better then he was drafted. He played great and no injuries, yet it's his fault the guys around him just weren't good or were over the hill...

Looking good amongst the horrible players he's been around doesn't make him worth the highest pay a his position, has it dawned on you that the segment sample is skewed by that fact ??

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good amongst the horrible players he's been around doesn't make him worth the highest pay a his position, has it dawned on you that the segment sample is skewed by that fact ??

I don't think you actually know the facts TBH. You sure haven't used any to support your statements. I have at least tried to do that.

I am looking and only see you say Byrd hasn't played well enough to be even #7 in the league, and you think a guy who played corner and rookies who also never played safety in the NFL will just be plug and play. Yet you never provided proof. This isn't about money, we can't even talk about that b.c you think Byrd is a scrub for some reason.

Edited by Ralph W.

If you include potential pay versus performance the past 3 years, there's many more than 7. Byrd wants to be paid as the top free safety in the league, even though he's played on horrible defense that have been statistically near last evey one of his 4 seasons in the league. I'd like to see him shine on good defense, then it'd make some sense.

He will not earn anymore the $6.9 M this year, that's his best case scenario.

So, is that declining to to make the list? That's fine by me, it just struck me as a moment where if your going to cut against the grain it'd be good to be a bit more explicit than just a number.

He's not earning more than $6.9 M this season, that's the only fact you need to know. You can spin it anyway you want to make yourself feel better but it's how it'll play out.

Don't change what we want to know. This isn't about the money, I am trying to figure out what makes you think Byrd isn't that good.

The pass D was ranked 10th last year, Byrd has 18 INTs in his first 4 years on a team where other teams don't have to throw near him b.c the rest of the team is bad.

Edited by Ralph W.

Don't change what we want to know. This isn't about the money, I am trying to figure out what makes you think Byrd isn't that good.

The pass D was ranked 10th last year, Byrd has 18 INTs in his first 4 years on a team where other teams don't have to throw near him b.c the rest of the team is bad.

Can you attribute that more to Byrd or the fact that we got ran over like a raccoon on a highway nearly every game ?

Can you attribute that more to Byrd or the fact that we got ran over like a raccoon on a highway nearly every game ?

Glad you said that. Byrd was responsible for 10ff and recovered 5 of those. Also 10stuffs for 41 yards. Yea he was in on the run MANY times even though he was 7+ yards off to begin with.

He gave us 23 turnovers in the first 4 years here. That is 161 points for the offense potentially. 23 drives stopped cold.

Edited by Ralph W.

Our defense being terrible is clearly the fault of the 2nd team All-Pro FS, and not the dismal performance of the front seven.

Likewise if Demarcus Ware and his 47 sacks over the last three seasons were available, I would not want him. He must be interchangeable with any ol' pass rusher because he couldn't single-handedly carry his team to the playoffs.

Our defense being terrible is clearly the fault of the 2nd team All-Pro FS, and not the dismal performance of the front seven.

Likewise if Demarcus Ware and his 47 sacks over the last three seasons were available, I would not want him. He must be interchangeable with any ol' pass rusher because he couldn't single-handedly carry his team to the playoffs.

They have several people that could step in on the roster already. I wouldn't even put him 7th in the league.

If you don't know who those people are you probably wouldn't understand even if I told you.

They have several people that could step in on the roster already. I wouldn't even put him 7th in the league.

If you don't know who those people are you probably wouldn't understand even if I told you.

Well, i dont know who they are so how about you just tell me : )

i expect Searcy will do well and see more reps. That's a kid i like quite a bit but as far as replacing Byrd. Nothing is proven all is conjecture my friend .

Byrd is fact.

Lets me guess though

Williams

Williams

Meeks

Silva

?

Well, i dont know who they are so how about you just tell me : )

i expect Searcy will do well and see more reps. That's a kid i like quite a bit but as far as replacing Byrd. Nothing is proven all is conjecture my friend .

Byrd is fact.

Lets me guess though

Williams

Williams

Meeks

Silva

?

I truly do not know. I combined two seperate answers Mitch has used this week into one super snarky reply. He's informed us we have SEVERAL on the roster ready to replace him, then the not worth the 4th or even 7th best pay comment today.

Searcy I assumed is George Wilson's replacement leaving Williams and two rookies as the several in house options that can be just as good as best I can gather.

I truly do not know. I combined two seperate answers Mitch has used this week into one super snarky reply. He's informed us we have SEVERAL on the roster ready to replace him, then the not worth the 4th or even 7th best pay comment today.

Searcy I assumed is George Wilson's replacement leaving Williams and two rookies as the several in house options that can be just as good as best I can gather.

Although it pains me to suggest it ... We might actually have a Byrd's replacement in the wings already . And if Coach can line them up accentuating these guys strengths using multiple looks and personnel combos we may not miss a beat .

But i would still rather keep Jairus if he was willing. Seems like such an awesome opporunity Byrd right here right now.

You ..Snarky ?

Bravo

Edited by 3rdand12

You must be the most mentally challenged person on this forum. The Bills' defense has sucked, so why would we want to keep our best defender? You sound like a damn fool.