Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, by that point, there may be so many clarifications presented that we won't, of course, be able to understand to leave us wondering whether we've wandered into dyslexia.

jw

Well isnt it your lucky day worwaW .J .

I'm here.

Pay Byrd now and develop the rookies to exceed his skills if you are able. When the younger players do just that and exactly that Mr Byrd's actual value to the Bills lessens. Then maybe Bills renegotiate or trade when leverage is up on both Byrd and potential investors for his contract.

but i will stand by , albeit with less conviction now , convince him then pay the man . If he does not want to be convinced he is wanted then thats another story. And that might just be the case at this point .

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Playbook-Chris-Johnson-runs-past-the-Bills.html

Is Byrd really worth $8m or $9m pa? Perhaps Eugene & Jairus can take a look at this link from the Titans game and then get back to Doug Whaley. Top Safety in the NFL? Just sign the $6.91m contract and be grateful.

Byrd is averaging 3 INTs per season in the last 3 seasons. Not elite numbers.

Edited by peterlaw

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Playbook-Chris-Johnson-runs-past-the-Bills.html

Is Byrd really worth $8m or $9m pa? Perhaps Eugene & Jairus can take a look at this link from the Titans game and then get back to Doug Whaley. Top Safety in the NFL? Just sign the $6.91m contract and be grateful.

Hello common sense, glad to see a sane poster who actually watched the games. When your whole squad sucks, you don't make someone who looked good on occasion the highest paid player at their position. The frame of reference is skewed here & Byrd is overplaying his hand via Eugene, the Bills aren't going to bite.

your totally off. It's: "every 14th Sunday on a leap year with a clock made of squirrels nuts"

Oh man I wasn't even close.

http://www.nationalf...-the-Bills.html

I think it's unfair to look at this one example of a poor decision in the run game and use it against Byrd without considering games like Arizona from this past year, in which he made 2 game-changing plays that helped deliver the win in spite of Gailey's abysmal play-calling in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I'd also urge you to watch his performance in the 1st half of the week 4 game against NE...his play had a huge impact on the game.

I do agree, however, that he's probably not worth $8M/year...understand, however, that he would indeed get that on the open market, so that's the battle that the Bills are fighting with themselves right now.

I think it's unfair to look at this one example of a poor decision in the run game and use it against Byrd without considering games like Arizona from this past year, in which he made 2 game-changing plays that helped deliver the win in spite of Gailey's abysmal play-calling in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I'd also urge you to watch his performance in the 1st half of the week 4 game against NE...his play had a huge impact on the game.

I do agree, however, that he's probably not worth $8M/year...understand, however, that he would indeed get that on the open market, so that's the battle that the Bills are fighting with themselves right now.

I'd rather not rewatch the Pats game where they put up 52 points on the Bills. Did we have a Defense in the second half? How anyone on the D can ask for $8m after that is beyond me. Byrd may have made some plays in the first half, but that's a bit like Tiger Woods saying I shot a great 30 on the front nine but had a 55 on the back nine Elite players do it all the time. Now I'm hoping we can pin the Pats game on our departed D Co-ordinator and move on.

I'd rather not rewatch the Pats game where they put up 52 points on the Bills. Did we have a Defense in the second half? How anyone on the D can ask for $8m after that is beyond me. Byrd may have made some plays in the first half, but that's a bit like Tiger Woods saying I shot a great 30 on the front nine but had a 55 on the back nine Elite players do it all the time. Now I'm hoping we can pin the Pats game on our departed D Co-ordinator and move on.

the reasoning that a defense played poorly so no one player is ever allowed to be respected, or well compensated again is a bit odd.

the reasoning that a defense played poorly so no one player is ever allowed to be respected, or well compensated again is a bit odd.

To highlight a game where we conceded 52 points and basically had no defence in the second half seems surprising to hold up as an example of Byrd's high level of play and justify a $8m / $10m pa contract demand.

To highlight a game where we conceded 52 points and basically had no defence in the second half seems surprising to hold up as an example of Byrd's high level of play and justify a $8m / $10m pa contract demand.

I highlighted the first half of that game as an example of the kind of impact he can have in response to a post that highlighted one single running play in the Tennessee game as an example of him being a liability in certain areas.

I also said in the very same post that I didn't think he was worth $8M/year, so I'm not sure what you're arguing.

Oh the 6 turnovers the offense had that game which account for 42 points? Yet we paid that QB... But a guy who is one of the very few who does his job everyday yea let's get rid of him.

Edited by EJ3

Oh the 6 turnovers the offense had that game which account for 42 point?

It was a horror story. But what did the D do when the O gave up the ball. They all seemed to step to one side to allow a clear passage to our end zone. Unacceptable. And this was repeated the following week.

Great (elite) players make the other players around them better.

It was a horror story. But what did the D do when the O gave up the ball. They all seemed to step to one side to allow a clear passage to our end zone. Unacceptable. And this was repeated the following week.

or do good players look elite when surrounded by talented players that let them do their jobs?

a little of each column, no?

cool catch phrases masquerading as rules really dont get us too far in the conversation.

Edited by NoSaint

Hence why our pass defense was ranked 10th

You guys are acting like he is going to be getting paid Mario money or QB money. He is going to get top Safety money, that is not breaking the bank for a top player.

Edited by EJ3

Hello common sense, glad to see a sane poster who actually watched the games. When your whole squad sucks, you don't make someone who looked good on occasion the highest paid player at their position. The frame of reference is skewed here & Byrd is overplaying his hand via Eugene, the Bills aren't going to bite.

Agreed. So everyone just needs to get comfortable with the inevitable reality that he is gone.

Do we have any indication 10m is being asked for?

Goldson's contract is more than $8m pa (5 yrs). So top Safety money will be a number in excess of $8m. With Parker leading the negotiations make your own opinion as to what he might be asking for.

Goldson's contract is more than $8m pa (5 yrs). So top Safety money will be a number in excess of $8m. With Parker leading the negotiations make your own opinion as to what he might be asking for.

8.25 seems like a better guess than 10, if we're just guessing. I doubt he's shooting for 2m a year more than #2, normally these go in smaller increments unless a league MVP is suddenly hitting the unrestricted market.