Byrd Skipping mandatory mini-camp

How about this thread get back to Byrd and not how much you hate the things I say.

agreed. fyi - was just trying to help you not end up feeling that way, not alienate you.

as ive said upthread, i wouldnt expect any movement in negotiations until after the 4th of july.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im still waiting for WEO to come disagree with all of us and Doc to start ranting at him about engagement rings. we will see.

You don't really need/want me to explain all that again to you, do you NS? Because I can if you'd like.

You don't really need/want me to explain all that again to you, do you NS? Because I can if you'd like.

oh, i remember. dont you worry. youve already taken enough time out of your month, i wouldnt want to bother you with having to do it again.

;)

Just to be clear I'm all in favor of giving Byrd a solid deal, in the $7-$8M/yr range. Just not a "highest paid" deal. It sets a bad precedent for future negotiations.

PTR

im in a similar boat - but accepting if it ends up being goldson plus an extra 20 bucks to give him the top of the list. i wouldnt blow the second highest out of the water though, or give him a blank check.

Nope just a disagreement on some things. If they take it personal then I am sorry but these are forums and people don't agree with everything on here.

I have no problem with you & think this extended conversation(s) have been great.

Some simple questions is how much should we spend paying one guy who's past 3 years equaled his first at his position ?

How much past $6.9 M are the Bills willing to commit ?

Can the Bills justifying paying a guy that much with several similiar replacements on the roster already?

Is there a possibility that the Bills plan on looking for a trade partner for a pick or player (pick being much more likely) ?? If they are looking for a trade partner, have they started already ?,

I have no problem with you & think this extended conversation(s) have been great.

Some simple questions is how much should we spend paying one guy who's past 3 years equaled his first at his position ?

How much past $6.9 M are the Bills willing to commit ?

Can the Bills justifying paying a guy that much with several similiar replacements on the roster already?

Is there a possibility that the Bills plan on looking for a trade partner for a pick or player (pick being much more likely) ?? If they are looking for a trade partner, have they started already ?,

Which similar replacements?

Which similar replacements?

I can't stand it when people answer questions with a question, which means the answer is something you probably won't know or understand even if I clarify it.

Check the roster, a few guys are ready to step up & Byrd hasn't been that great besides tackling after our vanilla schemed defensive front failed to perform.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

I can't stand it when people answer questions with a question, which means the answer is something you probably won't know or understand even if I clarify it.

Check the roster, a few guys are ready to step up & Byrd hasn't been that great besides tackling after our vanilla schemed defensive front failed to perform.

having pored over the Bills roster, i'm left with the same conclusion as No Saint in finding it difficult to find a safety currently on the roster with one Pro Bowl selection, another Pro Bowl appearance and having more than 2 NFL career interceptions. there are potential "replacements," but none that appear to be "similar."

jw

i think its a fair question. we have a top of the nfl safety and you are saying guys are primed to step up? do you mean our failed corner that is playing safety for the first time in the nfl and was primed to step up as a corner last year, or the two mid round rookies that are also playing safety for the first time in the nfl?

having pored over the Bills roster, i'm left with the same conclusion as No Saint in finding it difficult to find a safety currently on the roster with one Pro Bowl selection, another Pro Bowl appearance and having more than 2 NFL career interceptions. there are potential "replacements," but none that appear to be "similar."

jw

yet alone several.

The fact that Byrd did his job on a horrible defense makes him not that good?

Byrd went from top safety in the league to "anyone can step up and do what he does" in a matter of an off season. I don't think guys who have never played safety in the NFL can just step in and will do 1/10 as well as him.

The fact that Byrd did his job on a horrible defense makes him not that good?

Byrd went from top safety in the league to "anyone can step up and do what he does" in a matter of an off season. I don't think guys who have never played safety in the NFL can just step in and will do 1/10 as well as him.

His INT totals in the last 3 seasons have just been OK, so do all of you just want to pay him the most money because of his rookie season?? Maybe we should double Mario's pay for his decent half season last year as well, all helping us to those 6 wins. We sucked on defense & Byrd was a standout amongst the bad group, so it's time to give him a blank check ??

Wake up here man, reality is we're not paying him the most money at his position. The offer they made paid him a top salary already, I think we maybe will squeeze another $1.1 M on it for a $8 M total on a cap friendly contract.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

His INT totals in the last 3 seasons have just been OK, so do all of you just want to pay him the most money because of his rookie season?? Maybe we should double Mario's pay for his decent half season last year as well, all helping us to those 6 wins. We sucked on defense & Byrd was a standout amongst the bad group, so it's time to give him a blank check ??

Wake up here man, reality is we're not paying him the most money at his position. The offer they made paid him a top salary already, I think we maybe will squeeze another $1.1 M on it for a $8 M total on a cap friendly contract.

sorry, let's go back. who are these "several similar" safeties currently on the Bills roster you mentioned earlier?

jw

(because i hate it when someone answers a question with a question and the question is never answered.)

actually, let me delve further in wondering ...

what does that mean?

are you suggesting we won't know the answer? but we won't know the answer until you answer it, no?

and if we won't understand the answer even if you clarify it, is that on us or your clarification skills?

i'm perplexed.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

actually, let me delve further in wondering ...

what does that mean?

are you suggesting we won't know the answer? but we won't know the answer until you answer it, no?

and if we won't understand the answer even if you clarify it, is that on us or your clarification skills?

i'm perplexed.

jw

yea this whole thread is devolving terribly. cant wait to see it next week.