Can someone tell me something interesting?

OnTheRocks

He is just using logic, it's not a fact.

Women do not dye their hair when they are pregnant (not good for the baby). So, to more than likely avoid the sudden "natural roots" showing when they get prenant, he is assuming (which is very logical by the way) that as soon as the go off the pill, in an attempt to get pregnant, they dye their color treated hair to as close to their natural color as possible to avoid the drastic change when they have to stop.

201929[/snapback]

Interesting. I didn't know that hair dye products were dangerous to a fetus.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me something interesting?....

When I watch a football game on TV, I usually follow the ball, which makes sense since this is what the director of the game who is at the stadium, chooses to show me. :doh:

201948[/snapback]

:D:w00t::D

In Gulliver's Travels, Jonathan Swift described the two moons of mars, Phobos and Deimos, giving their exact size and speeds of rotation. He did this more than 100 years before either moon was discovered.

201576[/snapback]

Galileo knew that Mars had moons. When did Swift right Gulliver's Travels? Somehow I think Galileo had him beat.

Of course, it was built for $375M Canadian, which is about the $21.2M American they paid...  :w00t:

201590[/snapback]

That is absolutely fascinating! Pray tell, is there somewhere I could find currency exchange rates?

:doh: I'm going to hell. :D

TransAlaska Pipeline Facts:

1. Construction began in April 29, 1974 and was completed June 20, 1977

2. It cost $8 billion to build and was COMPLETELY funded by private entities.

3. It's diameter is 48 inches and it's 800.3 miles in length

4. It crosses three mountain ranges : Brooks, Alaska, and Chugach

5. The highest elevations it crosses are: Atigun Pass at 4,739 feet, Isabel Pass at 3,420 feet and Thompson Pass at 2,812 feet.

6. It crosses 34 major and 800 minor rivers and stream.

7. During its prime pumping days, the average throughput was about 47,000 gallons per minute

8. Starting in Prudhoe Bay, the pipeline terminates in Valdez where the oil is loaded onto tankers.

9. Crude oil travels at an average of 6 mph through the pipeline.

TransAlaska Pipeline Facts:

1. Construction began in April 29, 1974 and was completed June 20, 1977

2. It cost $8 billion to build and was COMPLETELY funded by private entities.

3. It's diameter is 48 inches and it's 800.3 miles in length

4. It crosses three mountain ranges : Brooks, Alaska, and Chugach

5. The highest elevations it crosses are: Atigun Pass at 4,739 feet, Isabel Pass at 3,420 feet and Thompson Pass at 2,812 feet.

6. It crosses 34 major and 800 minor rivers and stream.

7. During its prime pumping days, the average throughput was about 47,000 gallons per minute

8. Starting in Prudhoe Bay, the pipeline terminates in Valdez where the oil is loaded onto tankers.

9. Crude oil travels at an average of 6 mph through the pipeline.

But it's not funny :doh:

The Queen Mary moves six INCHES on a gallon of diesel fuel.

The answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything in "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is "42".

BR-549 is the phone number to call if you want to buy a car on "Hee Haw".

"Formicophilia" is the fetish for having small insects crawl on your genitals.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

The Queen Mary moves six INCHES on a gallon of diesel fuel.

The answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything in "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is "42".

BR-549 is the phone number to call if you want to buy a car on "Hee Haw".

"Formicophilia" is the fetish for having small insects crawl on your genitals.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

202171[/snapback]

Might want to pace yourself, buddy. We have a long ways to go.

1. In 1867 United States Secretary of State William H. Seward offered Russia $7,200,000, or two cents per acre, for Alaska. Many Americans called it "Seward's Folly" at the time.

2. On October 18, 1867 Alaska officially became the property of the United States. Many Americans called the purchase "Seward's Folly."

3. In 1943 Japan invaded the Aleutian Islands, which started the One Thousand Mile War, the first battle fought on American soil since the Civil War.

4. Alaska accounts for 25% of the oil produced in the United States.

5. The state of Rhode Island could fit into Alaska 425 times.

6. Most of America's salmon, crab, halibut, and herring come from Alaska.

7. The state flag was created by a 13 year old boy.

8. Nearly one-third of Alaska lies within the Arctic Circle.

9. The state boasts the lowest population density in the nation.

10. Alaska is a geographical marvel. When a scale map of Alaska is superimposed on a map of the 48 lower states, Alaska extends from coast to coast.

11. The state's coastline extends over 6,600 miles. To compare, California's is only 840 miles long.

12. Alaska is the United State's largest state and is over twice the size of Texas. Measuring from north to south the state is approximately 1,400 miles long and measuring from east to west it is 2,700 miles wide.

13. Alaska's geographic center is 60 miles northwest of Mount McKinley.

14. 17 of the 20 highest peaks in the United States are located in Alaska.

15. Juneau is the only capital city in the United States accessible only by boat or plane.

16. In 1915 the record high temperature in Alaska was 100 degrees Fahrenheit at Fort Yukon; the record low temperature was -80 degrees Fahrenheit at Prospect Creek Camp in 1971.

17. The Alaskan malamute sled dog is strong and heavily coated. It was developed as a breed by a group of Eskimos named the Malemiuts.

18. Alaska's name is based on the Eskimo word Alakshak meaning great lands or peninsula.

You are born with 300 bones, but have only 206 as an adult. The others fuse together.

5% of Americans think "espresso" is an overnight delivery service.

Doctors in ancient China were paid when patients were healthy, not sick.

There really is an insect called the love bug. It spends 56 hours, more than half its life, mating.

Alaska State bird is the Ptarmigan.

Alaska State flower is the "Forget-Me-Not"

Caribou are the only deer in which both sexes grow antlers.

Safety Tip: Powerful and unpredictable, bears should be treated with respect and caution. Follow park guidelines while in the back country. Bears are seen through out Alaska, even in city parks in Anchorage.

The moose is the largest member of the deer family.

Alaska's largest bear is the Kodiak Brown Bear.

A M00se once bit my sister ...