Progressives tout California Health care "success"

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hope is it is not just advertising, but informs people on the realities of the law, and set straight alot of the distortions and myths out there right now.

OUszMGU5TzNObmcx_l.jpg

Hope is a good thing "B"

But the track record of Campaign truth by the Obama team belies your wish.........................they simply cannot afford to tell the truth

I've already heard a large campaign for the Latino community here in Denver on radio....

My hope is it is not just advertising, but informs people on the realities of the law, and set straight alot of the distortions and myths out there right now.

Yes, I totally agree. Like how you can keep your own doctor. Or that it will reduce the Deficit. Or that it will lower health insurance premiums. Or that it will improve the quality of care. Way too much misinformation out there.

Edited by Magox

Oh.................... and that nearly One Billion dollars that we are spending to re-introduce Americans to Obamacare, don't fret about the cost.........

burn-money-joker-315x173.png

Edited by B-Man

OUszMGU5TzNObmcx_l.jpg

Hope is a good thing "B"

But the track record of Campaign truth by the Obama team belies your wish.........................they simply cannot afford to tell the truth

Yes, I totally agree. Like how you can keep your own doctor. Or that it will reduce the Deficit. Or that it will lower health insurance premiums. Or that it will improve the quality of care. Way too much misinformation out there.

Most people will keep their PCP

It was not promised to reduce the deficit, just not add to it

Insurers are bloating premium in preperation for the ACA implentation because they can no longer gouge people with rate increases and refund overcharges when the law does into effect

The quality outcomes remain to be seen, hard to predict the outcomes and unintended consequences

I know conservatives have backed themselves into an idealogical corner on this law, and that this is a MB and really who really cares what truth is but consider the unbioased site below of pros and cons of the law.. its fair, and lays out reality versus myths:

http://obamacarefact...os-and-cons.php

Edited by B-Large

You... you're kidding right?

You don't see how a move away from actual insurance to a centralized, bureaucratic pre-payment nightmare which absorbs the costs of thousands more people, and who's key cost savings mechanism (the enrollment of thousands of intentionally uninsured healthy young people) profiles economically as a total pipe dream is drastically inflating costs?

It was not promised to reduce the deficit, just not add to it........... Thats not true

Insurers are bloating premium in preperation for the ACA implentation because they can no longer gouge people with rate increases and refund overcharges when the law does into effect

The quality outcomes remain to be seen, hard to predict the outcomes and unintended consequences

I know conservatives have backed themselves into an idealogical corner on this law, and that this is a MB and really who really cares what truth is but consider the unbioased site below of pros and cons of the law.. its fair, and lays out reality versus myths:

http://obamacarefact...os-and-cons.php

Wow B, after all the passionate defense and honest, straightforward arguments that you have made over the past four years on the BBMB and here..............that was a rather disappointing post by you.

The less said about your link to an "unbiased" site...............that links to I love Obamacare bumper stickers and "Evil Koch Brothers" propoganda, ...the better.

All that I can say is that it is not a fair representation of the actual concerns of millions of Americans

I also would add that I think that you have it backwards, it is the Left and the supporters of the Bill who are backed into the corner.

If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. ...

Not "most of you." "You will be able...period. You'd be better off arguing that those who lose their PCP under the ACA just didn't like their doctor.

It was not promised to reduce the deficit, just not add to it

"This legislation will also lower costs for families and for businesses and for the federal government, reducing our deficit by over $1 trillion in the next two decades.

Emphasis mine. If you're going to lie, don't tell transparently stupid ones.

And how many of us here predicted that would happen? I know I did. I also predicted that within 20 or so years the insurers would be driven into bankruptcy and federalized, because the law does nothing to address health care COSTS, so they will gradually have to eat costs that can't be passed on to the consumer. I can't wait to say "I told you so" with my 120,000th post...

Thus the reason IT'S A STUPID !@#$ING LAW.

so in summation: i perceived that i lost a bid due to reverse discrimination.obama beat clinton. clinton is white and obama black. therefore, obama won because he is black.makes perfect sense...it's so obvious. why doesn't everyone think like that?

At first I was thinking it was difficult to make my point because you simply refuse to listen to anything that differs from your thinking, but then I realized it's difficult to make my point with you because you have the mental capacity of a phucking mop.

At first I was thinking it was difficult to make my point because you simply refuse to listen to anything that differs from your thinking, but then I realized it's difficult to make my point with you because you have the mental capacity of a phucking mop.

He surgically operates on people.

The Barack Obamas and Elizabeth Warrens of the world get by more on race than talent. Or try this...I recently was bidding a large job in Houston and have a colleague there who has an office set up, but wasn't bidding the job. I contacted him to see if we could arrange for my company to set up a worker at a desk until I got my operations up. My colleague was more than happy to assist, and then explained to me that one of my competitors had reached out to him as well because my colleague is black, and the customer requesting bids gives points and an advantage if you have a black-owned anything tied to your contract.

My competitor wasn't really qualified or competent enough to win the job on merit, so he found an edge that, quite honestly, I would be too embarrassed to even think about, let alone pursue.

If Barack Obama were white, Hillary Clinton would have destroyed him. Even Barack Obama knows this.

That sort of thing happens a LOT in DC. I know one guy who worked for a large contractor for a couple years, then they encouraged him to create his own start-up consulting company. Then - long story short and lots of shady maneuvering omitted - the large contractor ended using this guy's "minority-owned small business" as a front to bid on small business set-asides they wouldn't get otherwise, requiring the guy I knew to do nothing more than stand there and be black.

That sort of thing happens a LOT in DC. I know one guy who worked for a large contractor for a couple years, then they encouraged him to create his own start-up consulting company. Then - long story short and lots of shady maneuvering omitted - the large contractor ended using this guy's "minority-owned small business" as a front to bid on small business set-asides they wouldn't get otherwise, requiring the guy I knew to do nothing more than stand there and be black.

I know it happens, but it shouldn't. A dolt like birddog -- so busy accusing people of being critical of Obama strictly because he's black -- could never possibly realize the irony of laws that are designed to let white people win jobs and turn a profit simply because they're standing next to someone who is black.

Let's not judge a person by the color of the their skin, unless, y'know, it looks like we're helping the minority. I mean, yeah, sure we don't have to actually HELP the minority. It just needs to LOOK like we're helping them.

Edited by LABillzFan

Anyone who's interested can do a search on Small Business 8A set asides. It's one of the dirtiest little secrets going. The best part of all of it is how much money politicians make by "investing" in companies who later on magically become subs of these set aside contracts.

It's even more amazing to me that some people can't grasp the fact the B.O. is the first Affirmative Action President.

he's won twice. both times convincingly over multiple contenders. the quality of his competitors, the changing demographics of the country and obama's campaigning ablilites were all major factors. his race was not. he certainly didn't gain many conservative votes because of it. the liberal votes were always going to him. even if you propose that some of the moderate vote was influenced by his race (and i suspect nearly as many voted against him as for him based on race), his margins of victory were still too large to be accounted for by this alone.he won. you don't like it. you don't want it to happen again. it's easier to believe a liberal won't win again if you explain the last two electrions on race. too bad, easy is often not correct.

he's won twice. both times convincingly over multiple contenders. the quality of his competitors, the changing demographics of the country and obama's campaigning ablilites were all major factors. his race was not. he certainly didn't gain many conservative votes because of it. the liberal votes were always going to him. even if you propose that some of the moderate vote was influenced by his race (and i suspect nearly as many voted against him as for him based on race), his margins of victory were still too large to be accounted for by this alone.he won. you don't like it. you don't want it to happen again. it's easier to believe a liberal won't win again if you explain the last two electrions on race. too bad, easy is often not correct.

Record turnout amongst black voters, 95% of which all voted for BO. Race wasn't a factor though.