Will EJ Manuel make the top 100 NFL Players next year?

With Russell Wilson ranking 51 and a few other rookies making the list it is not impossible that EJ could crack the top 100 next year.

Personally if we could win a championship within 5 years I don't care about a list. Just a topic for banter..

Edited by Ludwig van

I think that E.J. Manuel has a LOT of potential and I am encouraged by his reported work-ethic and apptitude. However, I think that these "lists" are bogus.

With the Bills' extreme youth at WR and a mediocre TE in Scott Chandler returning from a serious injury, I'd MUCH prefer to see Kevin Kolb or Tarvaris Jackson start at QB for (at least) the first half of this year. My rationale is below:

1. A rookie QB has a BIG job just knowing where his receivers will be. The Bills have a number of likely prime contributors at WR who will be very young (Woods, TJ Graham, Marquise Goodwin).

2. It will be understandable if Bills' fans express their frustration over the last decade if the Bills start slowly. Given the youth at the WR position, where it usually takes 2-3 years to "get it", I expect the offense to struggle. I'd rather see a "sacrificial lamb" in Kolb or Jackson take the fans' heat rather than the high-potential E.J. Manuel. Let Manuel come in later in the season as the "saviour" and when the WRs have some idea of where to be.

I think that E.J. Manuel has a LOT of potential and I am encouraged by his reported work-ethic and apptitude. However, I think that these "lists" are bogus.

With the Bills' extreme youth at WR and a mediocre TE in Scott Chandler returning from a serious injury, I'd MUCH prefer to see Kevin Kolb or Tarvaris Jackson start at QB for (at least) the first half of this year. My rationale is below:

1. A rookie QB has a BIG job just knowing where his receivers will be. The Bills have a number of likely prime contributors at WR who will be very young (Woods, TJ Graham, Marquise Goodwin).

2. It will be understandable if Bills' fans express their frustration over the last decade if the Bills start slowly. Given the youth at the WR position, where it usually takes 2-3 years to "get it", I expect the offense to struggle. I'd rather see a "sacrificial lamb" in Kolb or Jackson take the fans' heat rather than the high-potential E.J. Manuel. Let Manuel come in later in the season as the "saviour" and when the WRs have some idea of where to be.

i understand your points, but let me play the other side of the coin...

1. with a very young wr corp, manuel has as much timing and chemistry with this group as either of the other qbs. also, manuel has more ptential to do great things eventually with this group, so if he is ready to go, i say let him go.

2.i think that fans would show manuel more patients than one of the other qbs because he is young and concievably the future. if kolb or jackson were to start, i think the rope would be very short for bills fans screaming to "put the kid in".

all in all, i believe if he is close to the other qbs in this competition, you put him out as the day one starter. the sooner he is ready to take the reigns of this team, the better.

I'll be happy if he just gets some reps this season in live games, Kevin Kolb when healthy is very effective, and a new head coach has to go with the guy that will give him the best chance to win because his job literally depends on it. I'm not sure he will beat out the veterans on the team just yet.

With Russell Wilson ranking 51 and a few other rookies making the list it is not impossible that EJ could crack the top 100 next year.

Personally if we could win a championship within 5 years I don't care about a list. Just a topic for banter..

The fact that Wilson, who I felt was the best rookie QB last year and came into the league far more polished than Manuel, is only number 51 makes me say...no.

But who cares? As long as we win more games than we lose, what's the point of the "top 100"?

Edited by Mr. WEO

i understand your points, but let me play the other side of the coin...

1. with a very young wr corp, manuel has as much timing and chemistry with this group as either of the other qbs. also, manuel has more ptential to do great things eventually with this group, so if he is ready to go, i say let him go.

The fact the WRs are young reinforces the position of sitting EJ early. How many times has it been said WR need about 2 years to develop?

Chemistry and timing between EJ and the WRs can be worked on during the next off season, when the WR are in better position to help a "new" QB.

2.i think that fans would show manuel more patients than one of the other qbs because he is young and concievably the future.

That's not going to happen. First couple of games he stumbles, the bust label will start making into any thread that discusses EJ as a QB.

It will be unfortunate, but it will happen. After the past 13 years, most fans are tired of waiting another couple of years. They want results "NOW".

if kolb or jackson were to start, i think the rope would be very short for bills fans screaming to "put the kid in".

all in all, i believe if he is close to the other qbs in this competition, you put him out as the day one starter. the sooner he is ready to take the reigns of this team, the better.

It won't matter who starts. As soon as the starter stumbles, fans will screaming for the backup. Bills fans want results now. "Show me the baby."

Count me among those that feel Kolb/Jackson need to be the starter.

Actually since he will be Offensive Rookie of the Year the real question is he on target yet for the Hall of Fame. Come on people...the season hasn't even started yet.....Do I think he will be successful in his rookie season? I'm optimistic and quite hopeful. Let's not get crazy.

Wow, this exactly how I think this will play out- also I would not be surprised if Byrd, Stevie Johnson or Kyle Williams are traded for picks in 2014.

I doubt he will. But I mean, we're having this conversation before training camp even opens. For all we know he could be the 3rd string QB for the year. I don't see Marrone forcing Manuel into the starting position until he's good and ready.

Not really sure what to expect from EJ Manuel. I just hope that people aren't getting a little too far ahead of themselves with this...you know what happens to rookies in Buffalo, if they struggle at all...they are automatically "busts". Love what I have seen, but those are only highlights. Experts (for what that is worth) seem a little more skeptical that he is going to be ready to go out of the box, so-to-speak, but most agree that he has huge upside. For me, that translates to mean that we are going to have to be patient... I suspect Kolb will be starting the first few games...at least.

Edited by Buftex

He may not even e our starting QB let alone the top 100 players in the league...babysteps

I like his upside and potential, but realistically he could still be on the bench in year 3 of his contract.

Outside of Buffalo? No.... Good chance he isn't in the top 15 on the Bills roster, and it isn't a great roster either. Edited by BuffBill

Sure anything is possible....but considering Kaepernick was only rated 81 after what he did last year, I'm doubtful to say the least. I'd be happy if he could put up anything close to Fitz like numbers as a rookie (very doubtful he could do that either), and that's if he even plays.

Edited by Turbosrrgood