Warren sapp slams J Byrd on NFLN

I find it really hard to take anyone with an 8th grade level of reading and comprehension seriously. How on earth this man is still employed as an analyst is a mystery.

Said the clown.

J K

I hope and think they will find a way to get it done.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad no players have offered to restructure their contracts so the Bills could keep Byrd.

CBF

The Bills have money to sign him. They're simply not going to be irresponsible. If you want Byrd at 9 million, you're going to lose someone. Just like when people were all, "PAY FRED". Imagine if we had given Fred 5-6 million a year like people wanted.

The Bills have money to sign him. They're simply not going to be irresponsible. If you want Byrd at 9 million, you're going to lose someone. Just like when people were all, "PAY FRED". Imagine if we had given Fred 5-6 million a year like people wanted.

imagine if we gave Fred an extension and since he's never completed a full season because of injury because he's freaking old.

Oh wait...

Edited by mrags

that may be true, but If the rest of the team loved him so much, they would be petitioning for him to stay to field a winner.

Maybe???

Would you give up money so one of your co-workers will stay with your company?

im not in the business of winning Superbowls. If it was my goal in my job, then yes, I might think about it to win a championship.

You cant compare someone making millions of dollars a year to somene making less than six figures

CBF

that too. If I make $8m a year and I've already got like $30m in the bank, I am not sure I'd worry much about taking $2-3m less for a year or 2 to field a better team and FINALLY understand what it's like to be in this thing that everyone refers to as THE PLAYOFFS.

"average at best." ... really?

is he a ballhawk? yes.

did he lead the team in interceptions, forced fumbles and tie for the team lead in fumble recoveries? yes.

that is not average. it's better.

how silly.

jw

Only to play the devil's fiddle, I will say that our defenses have been less then stellar. Being a big fish in an empty pond is easy.

(I do believe Byrd is the best FS in the league, hands down).

Dont know if you guys saw this, but really Warren. The guy argues numbers but then wont support them when its a bill..

http://www.nfl.com/v...ve-for-safeties

shouldnt he be sucking up to JB for when he signs for all this money so he can be pulled up from bankruptcy?

Warren Sapp has always been a big mouth attention whore with a checkered past. With that said, Byrd is a ballhawk who makes big plays, but isn't the greatest cover safety in the world. On a good team like the 49ers, Byrd would be another solid piece to a really good defense, on the Bills he is a superstar because the majority of the rest of the team is so bad.

Warren Sapp has always been a big mouth attention whore with a checkered past. With that said, Byrd is a ballhawk who makes big plays, but isn't the greatest cover safety in the world. On a good team like the 49ers, Byrd would be another solid piece to a really good defense, on the Bills he is a superstar because the majority of the rest of the team is so bad.

Well put. The bold text is really the only area of his game I'm not pleased with. He often seems slow in getting over to help and I'm not sure if it's more a question of recognition or just not being fast on his feet.

GO BILLS!!!

Well put. The bold text is really the only area of his game I'm not pleased with. He often seems slow in getting over to help and I'm not sure if it's more a question of recognition or just not being fast on his feet.

GO BILLS!!!

most likely it's because the defensive line and line backing front can't tackle RBs to save their lives and Byrd has been asked to play out of position and play the run more aggressively.

I have. more than once.

But that is not a need here.

so we are discussing a couple things. Let me define my perspective.

Byrd is or will be worth all that. \ Byrd was misused last year and looked out of place as did nearly everyone. I expect a wholly differnt defense this year that Byrd seems to fit perfectly.

Is this really about money ?

We way overpaid Kelsey then we way way overpaid Willams. Silly yes , but it's not my money.

I want byrd on the team because i think its an excellent long term investment and a great fit.

And to the gentle folk who critiqued my get er dun comment, let me assure you it was not a blind statement.

Pay the man now then restructure down the road. it happens. Why the front office is dragging their feet is clear to me but before the st john fisher begins these two parties had best come together because it's in their best interests

Edited by 3rdand12

Given the age of the "great" safeties still playing (Reed, Polamalu) and the injuries of young one's (Berry) and one-dimensional game of other's (Goldson), I can't think of another safety I'd want at this point in their career than Byrd. Kind of awesome considering he's on the Bill's (technically).

He is a supreme dumb-ass with no class whatsoever.

He has few redeeming qualities.

Given the age of the "great" safeties still playing (Reed, Polamalu) and the injuries of young one's (Berry) and one-dimensional game of other's (Goldson), I can't think of another safety I'd want at this point in their career than Byrd. Kind of awesome considering he's on the Bill's (technically).

He has few redeeming qualities.

couldn't have said it better brother.

Byrd is average at best. Is he a ball hawk? Yes. But that's all he does.

He is good in run support and he can rush the passer. He is more than just a "ballhawk." He is a solid player that is a ballhawk. those types of players don't grow on trees and losing him will only making the team more void of talent.

most likely it's because the defensive line and line backing front can't tackle RBs to save their lives and Byrd has been asked to play out of position and play the run more aggressively.

Sometimes, perhaps. But I'm specifically referring to those plays where he's playing deep, usually in a cover-2, when he has the most field to help defend.

GO BILLS!!!