BREAKING NEWS: 49ers WR Michael Crabtree tears Achilles

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe we can trade them Easley for a 2nd round draft pick next year.

Haha awesome.... you beat me to it. We have tons of WR's on our roster now, we still need help at LB, why not make an offer for Aldon Smith???? :devil:

Gunna get flamed....but..anyone interested in sending SJ home.....if you could score a kings ransom....I would do it.....

And rightfully so...a team with an ongoing dearth of playmakers shouldn't trade a proven one. I think this team wants to get better, not worse.

And rightfully so...a team with an ongoing dearth of playmakers shouldn't trade a proven one. I think this team wants to get better, not worse.

Not a chance in hell it happens but just thought provoking....

Plus, for as many fans there are who think Stevie is immature and "not really a No. 1," there are probably ten times that who recognize what he brings to the table and how good he has been for this franchise (and city) during a horribly down period.

In all honesty, they still have Boldin, Manningham, and two young prospects in 2nd year guy Jenkins, and rookie Patton to go along with V. Davis, their run game, and dual threat QB Kap.

They are going to be just fine as they still have plenty of weapons, an emerging young QB, strong run game, and an elite defense. A team can do a lot worse than having Boldin and Manningham as starters.

Edited by Alphadawg7

It's not nothing, but it's also not great either. Many WRs have a year or two with 1,000 yards. I'm not convinced that Crabtree, a guy with 1 year of really good production and 4.6 speed, can survive the year+ off and any decrease in explosiveness that comes with the injury. Not to mention this is his 5th year, so unless he was signed recently, this should be his contract year.

he was only 25 and really came into his own last season. Im sure 9ers had figured on him being a major part of the offense in 13'.

It's not nothing, but it's also not great either. Many WRs have a year or two with 1,000 yards. I'm not convinced that Crabtree, a guy with 1 year of really good production and 4.6 speed, can survive the year+ off and any decrease in explosiveness that comes with the injury. Not to mention this is his 5th year, so unless he was signed recently, this should be his contract year.

One word why you can discount his lack of production prior to last year. Kaepernick. They really clicked and were clicking even better by the end of the year