Troupe...will he get a chance to show us this year?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a complete grammar nazi, but could you please at least get the guy's name right??

Grammar Nazis are Nazis and point out problems with other people's grammar, which you did. Therefore, you are exactly what you said you weren't in your sentence. That said, touche my dear watson, touche! It appears I spelled it correctly once and went on to spell it incorrectly a couple more times lol. I must be tired!

Lol nice little plug about the Ham Sandwich...

Which brings me to a question you've been asked before:

Is the misspelling of sandwich in your username intentional?

It really doesn't matter if Troup is one of the best DT's on the team, does it?

What's next? Mike Jasper?

Easy big fella. He was a Russ pick.

T T got screwed by the gods and then got screwed again.

The kid has major heart.

But that does not get it done in the NFL these days.

If he gets injured again it well might be a permanent disability because backs, even after fusion, dont care about quality of life.

The fact that he has kept "after it " is amazing to me. The fact that Buffalo Bills are willing to take that risk putting him on the field is also amazing to me.

Me myself and I will be watching the kid. I am not looking for a feel good story. I still think the kid ( if healthy ) can produce.

Go Bills

ps yes i watched him practice and play up to and through the injury

Troupe is in his make or break year, he will get a fair shot at making the roster as a back up linemen. After a decent rookie year Troupe was poised to show what he would develop into and he has been hurt the last two years. After a lengthy injury battle hopefully he is healthy he could give the D-line some depth.

He was written off by many and is flying under the radar. He has nothing to lose but to let it all hang out in training camp. If he makes the needed improvements, it will be a bonus to the team. Wait and see approach is what I will take.

Sorry if this topic has been hashed out but I did not see it on the message board when I scoured.

I'm excited to see what Troupe has to offer! Listening to Murph this morning, on the Bills website, he had Troupe in for an interview. It seems Troupe has not been healthy since his 2011 back surgery, though he's attempted to get back into it. On the show, he says he's completely healthy now and has been practicing since end of year last year. This is a kid, that has had some bad luck with his freak back injury, but the coaches saw something before the back problems happened and kept him on board. I wonder if what he showed prior to his injury, will show up on Sundays this season, or will it be the end of the line for him with the new regime? He sounds like he's working hard, and I hope he sticks and finally shows us what he's all about!

Thoughts?

He had back issues in college so this is nothing new and continues to prove how big a mistake it was drafting him in the second round

He has no shot at making the Bills

And if Zbills do play a 3-4 as expected Dareus will be back at DE where he actually looked better then he did at DT

He had back issues in college so this is nothing new and continues to prove how big a mistake it was drafting him in the second round

He had back issues in college?

Do you have a link for this?

I know he played all four years, started 3 games as a freshman before starting his last 3 years and didn't miss a game to injury.

I'm surprised to hear he had back issues at UCF.

Which brings me to a question you've been asked before:

Is the misspelling of sandwich in your username intentional?

I think I answered it at that time, but it was a quick spelling of the name and I accidently left an "h" there, but said meh whatever, so I just left it. Can't go back now, it's become apart of the mistique of my online persona, even if its only been 300+ posts. Its there to mystify and miff the likes of yourself, a well respected poster on this board. :thumbsup:

And if Zbills do play a 3-4 as expected Dareus will be back at DE where he actually looked better then he did at DT

You are the reason why he continues to plug, to keep at it, to prove the doubters wrong. He's the underdog, he has the chip on his shoulder because of fans like you (and rightfully so because of his injury history) doubting him. It would make a feel good story to have him do well, and I'm rooting for him. He seems like a genuine guy if you listen to him on that John Murhpy show. As I've said before, this may be a pipe dream, but I think he has the wearwithall and determination to do it. He was a surprise pick because of what the coaches saw in him, and I just hope what the coaches saw is realized and he goes on to be a big time playmaker one day. Go TT! Get after it like I know you will!

Just about all of this is incorrect.

- Troup didn't injure his back until his rookie season

- He absolutely has a shot at making the Bills

- Dareus and Branch are going to play the nose when Buffalo uses a 3-man line; Kyle is going to play the DE role that Mike DeVito excelled in for Pettine's NYJ defense

Just about all of this is incorrect.

- Troup didn't injure his back until his rookie season

- He absolutely has a shot at making the Bills

- Dareus and Branch are going to play the nose when Buffalo uses a 3-man line; Kyle is going to play the DE role that Mike DeVito excelled in for Pettine's NYJ defense

well.. not if Troup is healthy and makes enough of an impression. He'll play NT over one of the others; it's what he was drafted for, built for, and better suited for than the other two who have never excelled there.

Dareus looked best as a rookie at NT, so he'll prob line up there like Bandit said, with Williams filling the Devito role at DE. But Branch is a much more effective player at end so there is absolutely an opportunity for someone to fill the backup NT role.....could it be Troup? It sure would be nice if it happened. We shall see though......

What's next? Mike Jasper?

Who BTW was a two-way player for the Omaha Nighthawks of the UFL in 2012 and is now currently signed to the roster of the New York Football Giants of the NFL.

Edited by BuffaloBob

I guess it's fair that most folks know so little about Troup.

If they did they might become a fan.

Hamsangwitches, you spelled mistyque in corectly. is this a trend for you and part of your reportiore ? becausemyself, i refuse to punctuate correctly and if we teamed up well...who know how pissed off people might become. wringing hands

I guess it's fair that most folks know so little about Troup.

If they did they might become a fan.

Hamsangwitches, you spelled mistyque in corectly. is this a trend for you and part of your reportiore ? becausemyself, i refuse to punctuate correctly and if we teamed up well...who know how pissed off people might become. wringing hands

Lol, its more about me just not caring to go back and correct the words that are misspelled. I like to let the stream of thought flow and let it be the piece of art it origionally was. :)

That being said, I can understand peoples opinion (judging the book) when they see someone does not spell correctly or uses incorrect grammar. However, you won't find me saying your, you're in the wrong context or there, their, they're in the wrong context. Though I'm not a nazi when it comes to spelling, I have my limits! B-)

Dareus looked best as a rookie at NT, so he'll prob line up there like Bandit said, with Williams filling the Devito role at DE. But Branch is a much more effective player at end so there is absolutely an opportunity for someone to fill the backup NT role.....could it be Troup? It sure would be nice if it happened. We shall see though......

i'm actually hoping that the guys that make the final cut will be lined up all along the front in different spots depending on what coach pettine wants to bring at an offense at that given time. but it would deffinately be a benefit having a bunch of really big boys that can all play the position but each bring a little something different to it.

Lol, its more about me just not caring to go back and correct the words that are misspelled. I like to let the stream of thought flow and let it be the piece of art it origionally was. :)

That being said, I can understand peoples opinion (judging the book) when they see someone does not spell correctly or uses incorrect grammar. However, you won't find me saying your, you're in the wrong context or there, their, they're in the wrong context. Though I'm not a nazi when it comes to spelling, I have my limits! B-)

i misspell a lot of words, get names wrong, rarely capitalize, have poor grammar and probably make a bunch of other mistakes as well. but i care a lot more about the content than the construction. that's just my opinion.

Edited by swnybillsfan

I think I answered it at that time, but it was a quick spelling of the name and I accidently left an "h" there, but said meh whatever, so I just left it. Can't go back now, it's become apart of the mistique of my online persona, even if its only been 300+ posts. Its there to mystify and miff the likes of yourself, a well respected poster on this board. :thumbsup:

It's not a big deal. I was just curious if there was some hidden meaning.

And it's more than made up for by the fact that your avatar is delightful.

In fact, he sounded really concerned about his back and regretful for having had the spinal fusion procedure

Oh. I don't recall it being a spinal fusion but if so I don't see him ever playing the game again.