Troupe...will he get a chance to show us this year?

If you take the gift of hindsight, I agree with your statement. Troup has all of 2 starts none the less. At the time of the draft is what I'm talking about. Would 20 starts out of Cody been better than 2 out of Troup? I'll let the masses do the math there. Back then, neither Joseph nor Gronkowski were on my radar.

True.

The guy I wanted at that pick was Sergio Kindle. I always feel like you can't have enough pass rushers and I thought he'd be perfect as a 3-4 OLB.

His career hasn't worked out either.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.

The guy I wanted at that pick was Sergio Kindle. I always feel like you can't have enough pass rushers and I thought he'd be perfect as a 3-4 OLB.

His career hasn't worked out either.

He wasn't on my radar either, but for the reason previously mentioned (i.e. small school/program guy). If you go linebacker, I would have been happy with Daryl Washington or Brandon Spikes.

To be honest I sometimes forgot he was even on the roster and when I thought about the DL depth I never counted him as I always assumed he would be injured.

I also, was not a fan of his when he was drafted but he must have really good potential to make it through 3 years of roster cuts.

I think this is it for him. If he gets hurt again and goes on IR then I think that will be it for his Bills career.

That being said, I am a Bills fan and always root for any Bills player to do well and this is no exception.

I would love for Troupe to have a great season and cause many of us to think "maybe I was wrong"

CBF

To be honest I sometimes forgot he was even on the roster and when I thought about the DL depth I never counted him as I always assumed he would be injured.

I also, was not a fan of his when he was drafted but he must have really good potential to make it through 3 years of roster cuts.

I think this is it for him. If he gets hurt again and goes on IR then I think that will be it for his Bills career.

That being said, I am a Bills fan and always root for any Bills player to do well and this is no exception.

I would love for Troupe to have a great season and cause many of us to think "maybe I was wrong"

CBF

I agree, just like you, he was a forgotten Bill in my mind. All indications out of camp on that interview show a very motivated Troup with a chip on his shoulder. That could = breakout season. C'mon, make the roster and then DOMINATE Troupe! Wishful thinking? We shall see!

I was into the Bills taking Troup, i thought they might, but in the 3rd round unfortunately. Still, he was known as a harder worker as opposed to Cody, known to take more plays off. Troup had coaches excited and received some glowing reports out of OTA's and training camps 2 years ago before the hand and back injuries.

I still have hopes... and i think there is a place for him as he is the only notable true 3-4 NT on the roster. Maybe Dareus excels at it, but it seems a waste of his talent. And Branch was a bust until they moved him to DE. To me he's definitely in the 5 man rotation for the "3" in the 3-4.

I forgot about Branch. The Bills did just sign him to a 1-year $3 million deal. Going through the list of players, Troup has to be pretty far down the charts in terms of defensive linemen that could see playing time. Guess we'll see. Am I missing anyone below?

Mario Williams

Marcel Dareus

Kyle Williams

Mark Anderson

Alex Carrington

Jay Ross

Jamie Blatnick

Aaron Tipoti (rookie)

Izaan Cross (rookie)

I did. Jarron Gilbert and Corbin Bryant.

well, there could be situations that call for five of these guys on the field at the same time. and people will need a breather from time to time. regardless, it'll be troup's job to show the coaches that he needs to be in this group when the final cuts are made. i wish him the best as he seems like a good kid that caught a bad break. but the onus is squarely on his shoulders now.

I thought Troup showed glimpses of quality play his rookie year later in the 4-3.

He's never been put in a position to succeed, though. Always injured. His role was clearly a 3-4 NT when he was drafted... and never even got a shot there due to the ineptitude of the Nix/Gailey regime.

It would be a nice story if his hard work finally pays off.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix

I agree, just like you, he was a forgotten Bill in my mind. All indications out of camp on that interview show a very motivated Troup with a chip on his shoulder. That could = breakout season. C'mon, make the roster and then DOMINATE Troupe! Wishful thinking? We shall see!

I'm not a complete grammar nazi, but could you please at least get the guy's name right??

I'm not a complete grammar nazi, but could you please at least get the guy's name right??

Torell Troup

He played under the name Torell Johnson during his high school career and his first two seasons at Central Florida.

I expect nothing from Troup.

Do any of us? I don't think that's the point of this thread. Anything he provides is a bonus at this point; I believe the OP is just rooting for the guy -- as I suppose we all should be, since he's wearing our colors.

Grammar Nazis are Nazis and point out problems with other people's grammar, which you did. Therefore, you are exactly what you said you weren't in your sentence. That said, touche my dear watson, touche! It appears I spelled it correctly once and went on to spell it incorrectly a couple more times lol. I must be tired!

Do any of us? I don't think that's the point of this thread. Anything he provides is a bonus at this point; I believe the OP is just rooting for the guy -- as I suppose we all should be, since he's wearing our colors.

You're very intuitive! :thumbsup:

Didn't love the pick, but wonder if Gronk woulda had any success here.

Being a Bills fan, I hope this is Troupe's year, but methinks what we have is a ham sandwich without the ham.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:..

Lol nice little plug about the Ham Sandwich...