Powerball Saturday $600,000,000

Just saw this article pop up on from the local newspaper....

http://www.syracuse....50_million.html

According to USAMega.com, on Saturday, a lump sum, before federal taxes would get you $350.1 million. In New York, the state with the highest tax on lottery winnings at 8.82 percent, your lump sum payout would be $231,696,180. If you took annual payments, you would be getting an average of $12,133,000 per year, totaling to $363,990,000 after 30 years.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy picking up a lotto ticket from time to time, but I've recently signed up to buy tickets online here in Georgia and it's so much more convenient! I've been spending about $5-6 a week on the mega millions and powerball, and they send you an email whenever you win. The other day I pretty much crapped myself when I saw an email indicating I was a winner...I opened it up and saw that I won $4, but hey, it's a start! :)

I highly recommend checking to see if your state has online play...

I enjoy picking up a lotto ticket from time to time, but I've recently signed up to buy tickets online here in Georgia and it's so much more convenient! I've been spending about $5-6 a week on the mega millions and powerball, and they send you an email whenever you win. The other day I pretty much crapped myself when I saw an email indicating I was a winner...I opened it up and saw that I won $4, but hey, it's a start! :)

I highly recommend checking to see if your state has online play...

So wait, now the lotto losers don't even have to put pants on to buy tickets? Jeezus.

And yeah, I'll probably be a lotto loser this weekend.

So wait, now the lotto losers don't even have to put pants on to buy tickets? Jeezus.

And yeah, I'll probably be a lotto loser this weekend.

Exactly...I've bought tickets like three times in the past few weeks with my pecker hanging out. It's great!

Just threw $5 in for the office pool. Here's to hoping.

It's $2 a ticket isn't it?

Also just to clarify I think the original title of this thread is very mean. Beerboy does poop his pants a lot but it is because of a medical condition called incompetence, not because of the lottery.

Me too and got kicked out of wawa each time!

LOL!!

I love Wawa! Wish we had them down here in ATL

If, by some miracle, no one wins tonight, it'll bump up to $900 Million for next Wednesdays drawing.

That's !@#$ing insane. Actually the real word is stupid. So much good could be done with that money. Oh and I'm holding out until Wednesday. I want to do something insanely stupid with my winnings.

That's !@#$ing insane. Actually the real word is stupid. So much good could be done with that money. Oh and I'm holding out until Wednesday. I want to do something insanely stupid with my winnings.

Like get it all in $20's and drop it from an airplane over the freeway during rush hour?

Only one winner, in Florida.....

http://www.syracuse....d_in_fla_o.html

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- It's all about the odds, and one single ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching all the numbers to win the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said early Sunday. The lone winner was sold at a Publix supermarket location in Zephyrhills, Fla., according to Florida Lottery executive Cindy O'Connell. She told The Associated Press by telephone that more details would be released later.