Pats cut Kyle love

So the pats cut Kyle love, 11 game starter last year at DT, who was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes....

13 game starter in 2011 in a 34 front often at NT...

Some versatility, experience in the division, big body.... Not saying its likely but depending on the health issues it may be more likely than other names that have floated around the board.

Anyone follow him? I've rarely keyed in, normally paying attention to wilfork when I watch that unit

So the pats cut Kyle love, 11 game starter last year at DT, who was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes....

13 game starter in 2011 in a 34 front often at NT...

Some versatility, experience in the division, big body.... Not saying its likely but depending on the health issues it may be more likely than other names that have floated around the board.

Anyone follow him? I've rarely keyed in, normally paying attention to wilfork when I watch that unit

Good space eater somewhat stout against the run not a good pass rusher. His biggest knock was that he didn't rush the passer. But the Pats* defense did see a uptick being a pretty good defense against the run as he and Wilfork were a good combination up the middle.

If he still wants to play I wouldn't mind bringing him in. Team seems to be pretty thin on the D-line. Dareus, Branch, and K.Williams and Carrington are a good group but I don't expect much from Troup and we could use another big body.

Edited by billsfan89

Good idea just for the intel alone

My thoughts, even if we don't look at him.

the Pats* defense did see a uptick being a pretty good defense against the run as he and Wilfork were a good combination up the middle.

If he still wants to play I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

It's tempting when you see a starter for the Pats available,

Welcome to 2013: the Bills have had a higher ranked defense than the Patriots for 3 years in a row.

Stop living in the past.

The Patriots have done one thing and one thing only in the last decade: beat the bills. They sure as hell aren't winning championships.

I would highly encourage you to start watching games on sunday that a) don't involve the bills and b) don't involve your fantasy team.

pay attention to who san francisco or pittsburgh releases if you want to pick up a player--not the patriots, who havent had a defense outside the bottom 10 for 4 years.

Welcome to 2013: the Bills have had a higher ranked defense than the Patriots for 3 years in a row.

Stop living in the past.

The Patriots have done one thing and one thing only in the last decade: beat the bills. They sure as hell aren't winning championships.

I would highly encourage you to start watching games on sunday that a) don't involve the bills and b) don't involve your fantasy team.

pay attention to who san francisco or pittsburgh releases if you want to pick up a player--not the patriots, who havent had a defense outside the bottom 10 for 4 years.

what he said

Stop living in the past.

Didnt think he'd be a game changer, and I'm well aware of the pats D.... If anything I probably watch as much around the league as anyone on the board.

As a rotational NT that can be semi effective in two schemes he'd likely be able find a role (as someone else pointed out, perhaps replacing troup). 53 guys go into a roster and not all are probowlers, nor was anyone projecting him to be.

Edited by NoSaint

Isn't Torell Troup still on the club? Why would we want TTv2.0? Isn't he banged up enough to fill our quotient of broken-maybe-if-well-perhaps-he-can-play kind of players already?

A bad back is completely different than type 2 diabetes. Love will be able to resume his career, likely without any physical limitations. His biggest challenge now is he apparently lost a bunch of weight prior to him being diagnosed, which isn’t good for a space eating DT. Once he gets that weight back on, he should be fine. Jay Cutler has diabetes as well and once he got it under control, it’s never really affected his play.

Isn't Torell Troup still on the club? Why would we want TTv2.0? Isn't he banged up enough to fill our quotient of broken-maybe-if-well-perhaps-he-can-play kind of players already?

FWIW, Buddy specifically brought up Troup the other day when they had him on Sirius NFL radio. He said that he was finally 100% healthy and good to go. He kinda sounded a little excited an seemed like he was hoping for him to contribute. I'll believe it when I see it and perhaps it is just wishful thinking from Buddy, but if he can contribute a bit that would be a plus.

Stop living in the past.

What the hell are you talking about. They are in the super bowl hunt year in & year out. They just made the super bowl 2 years ago. They are a prerenial contender & they own the AFC East. I would like to say they probably over the last 5 years have won more games then any team in the league & they would of won the super bowl 2 years ago if Welker would of caught that pass for a 1st down late in the 4th quarter against the Giants. Hell they would of won another Super Bowl if it wasn't for one of the greatest/luckiest catches of all time by Tyree 5 years ago. So basically 2 plays kept them from winning 2 out of the last 6 Super Bowls. They have done much more then just beat the Bills.

Edited by Gordio

Stop living in the past.

Stop living in the past? Physician, heal thyself.

The Pats* sure as hell HAVE won championships. Can't play in an SB without being Conference Champs. They've been in 6 Championship games in the last 10 years and have had only ONE losing season since '95, covering a span of 3 different HC's. In '11, when the G-men lucked out, the best ranked D lost to TEBOW in the playoffs. If YOU watched NFL games, it's likely even YOU would come to realize the Pats* have done so much more than whoop up on the Bills. What's not likely, is you understanding a big reason for their relatively poor D rankings is because their prolific offense routinely has opponents throwing the ball to try to catch up. The Pack are a perennial powerhouse and, like NE* & Brady, will be as long as Rogers is at the helm. Their D rankings? Watch some of their games..

Your contemptuous, condescending posts have grown tiresome. Fools Gold.