is Byrd at OTAs?

Heck no! Why would he risk injury with no deal done yet?

He'd be foolish to risk injury as you mentioned and also he'd lessen his leverage in the contract negotiations. NFW Eugene Parker lets him come anywhere near OBD w/o a new deal.

Good point.....u think the media would mention this one way or another. I agree w/ mrags, I doubt it.

i dont know that any player has ever attended OTAs without signing his name to the tag or a new contract. it essentially goes without saying that byrd is not there.

Good point.....u think the media would mention this one way or another. I agree w/ mrags, I doubt it.

What was mentioned at the first session was that he wouldn't attend until under contract, so it has been reported.

Here we're all worried/concerned about Da'Rick Rogers and EJ's running and now you throw this on our plate?

dont forget you've also got to worry about Fred Jackson being the NFLs comeback player of the year as well.

i dont know that any player has ever attended OTAs without signing his name to the tag or a new contract. it essentially goes without saying that byrd is not there.

Except we are practicing several unsigned rookies, who were drafted. How does that work anyhow?

Unsigned rookies are covered by some kind of insurance policy.

I know this to be true although I don't know the details.

yes. they also tend to be lower stakes situations, as well as being fresh additions as opposed to long term contentious issues like a tagged player is at this point, all which helps.

yes. they also tend to be lower stakes situations, as well as being fresh additions as opposed to long term contentious issues like a tagged player is at this point, all which helps.

There's also the question of how much the policy and premium is (probably higher for a franchise tag player than any draft pick) and also who would pay the premium.

I think there's some kind of split with payment of the premium when it comes to unsigned rookies.