Draft's over. What next?!? Schedule of things to come...

Saw footage of rookie camps from around the league and started wondering when we start...

Per this Bills blog post, our Rookie Camp starts this Friday, 5/10. So there should be some clips and news this weekend. Hopefully no freak injuries.

And then we go right into OTAs: May 13-15, May 20-21, May 23, May 28-31

Then only a couple of weeks and we have Mandatory minicamp: June 11-13

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part about rookie camp is that allows Manuel and Woods (and Goodwin and Rogers, for that matter) some extra time to develop some chemistry.

NIce to get those guys a head start, as I hope/expect Manuel and Woods to play prominent roles this season.

It will be good to get some reports about players running routes, throwing passes, catching balls, etc. Anything is better than rehashing the draft or past failures.

I just realized it was 40 years ago this summer that I was at football camp for high school. I remember it like it was yesterday. Talk about past failures. :bag:

The best part about rookie camp is that allows Manuel and Woods (and Goodwin and Rogers, for that matter) some extra time to develop some chemistry.

NIce to get those guys a head start, as I hope/expect Manuel and Woods to play prominent roles this season.

Great point. And dont forget Kaufman (for whatever he's worth). And our TE, Gragg. That's 6 guys that get time to work together and get a head start on getting on the same page.

I dunno. For me, it's all about that guy Rogers. Maybe because everyone wants to find a diamond in the rough. Everyone believes that someone's cast off is another person's treasure. But this guy could be BIG. Everyone on this board has had a few scrapes. If Rogers has cleaned things up...Holy Crap. And we'll see in a few weeks.

Great point. And dont forget Kaufman (for whatever he's worth). And our TE, Gragg. That's 6 guys that get time to work together and get a head start on getting on the same page.

Aaaaaaaand on the other side of the ball, there's Alonso, who could wind up being the LB calling the plays. Extra time to sync with Pettine's terminology and getting the rest of the D in position.

Aaaaaaaand on the other side of the ball, there's Alonso, who could wind up being the LB calling the plays. Extra time to sync with Pettine's terminology and getting the rest of the D in position.

Yep. I have the highest expectations for Alonso this season. I've said it but I'll say it again, I believe he will be a phenomenal player. Everyone's gotta take a stance sometime.

Watching clips of EJ meshing with the receivers should be fun.

Thanks for the info DrDareustein.

I dunno. For me, it's all about that guy Rogers. Maybe because everyone wants to find a diamond in the rough. Everyone believes that someone's cast off is another person's treasure. But this guy could be BIG. Everyone on this board has had a few scrapes. If Rogers has cleaned things up...Holy Crap. And we'll see in a few weeks.

I am also very excited to see what Da'Rick can do on the field.

You should take a look at YouTube for some of Da'Rick's highlights. He looks like one of those elusive "open when he's not open" kind of guys.

Some of the scouting reports called him a "Julio Jones clone".

Watching the video interview from his pro day, he appears to have cleaned up his act, seems to be a reasonable, humble guy, not any sort of thug. So that was very encouraging in case you are worried about his past troubles.

Yep!

I think he is the most intriguing guy in this weekend. Boom or bust type of guy. Word is that 14 teams wanted him and he choose Buffalo, lets hope it was a good choice for both parties!

Hope all the guys stay healthy and we get to see them with pads on in a couple months...

Yep!

I think he is the most intriguing guy in this weekend. Boom or bust type of guy. Word is that 14 teams wanted him and he choose Buffalo, lets hope it was a good choice for both parties!

Hope all the guys stay healthy and we get to see them with pads on in a couple months...

The good news is, they were able to land him by telling him, "Look, we have 1 set starter at WR. You'll have a good chance at earning a spot on the roster here."

The bad news is, they were able to land him by telling him, "Look, we have 1 set starter at WR. You'll have a good chance at earning a spot on the roster here." :P

Edited by DrDareustein

The good news is, they were able to land him by telling him, "Look, we have 1 set starter at WR. You'll have a good chance at earning a spot on the roster here."

The bad news is, they were able to land him by telling him, "Look, we have 1 set starter at WR. You'll have a good chance at earning a spot on the roster here." :P

Lol.

Thanks for the schedule Dr. , i didnt know and hadn't thought of it. Now i'm kinda stoked again to see how this all shakes out!

Yep. I have the highest expectations for Alonso this season. I've said it but I'll say it again, I believe he will be a phenomenal player. Everyone's gotta take a stance sometime.

Watching clips of EJ meshing with the receivers should be fun.

Thanks for the info DrDareustein.

you said meshing. That was cool.

It will be good to get some reports about players running routes, throwing passes, catching balls, etc. Anything is better than rehashing the draft or past failures.

I just realized it was 40 years ago this summer that I was at football camp for high school. I remember it like it was yesterday. Talk about past failures. :thumbsup:

Jeez at least you can recall 40 years ago

I just had a real idea, so now I have something real to post, too. Can Vets attend camp in any fashion? Say Kolb stops by to just "hang out?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFthiZ_Jftc

Always needed an excuse to post this... thanks!

I'm afraid i still use this in witty conversation with my peers. But they do it too.

But just for reference i was watching with my first child, my Son. okay i was the only one paying attention.

I'm afraid i still use this in witty conversation with my peers. But they do it too.

But just for reference i was watching with my first child, my Son. okay i was the only one paying attention.

go look at the parodies on YouTubes. Sooooo lame its funny.

My biggest concern is whether his teammates can understand his dialect...ever heard him speak??

My biggest concern is whether his teammates can understand his dialect...ever heard him speak??

Yeah, he's not very eloquent, but I can understand him perfectly fine.

He's got a little bit of a Jeff Spicoli thing going on- maybe even a slight lisp. A tad soft spoken, but not a mumbler. I don't get where this idea that he's difficult to understand is coming from. It's not like he has a serious speech impediment or a thick accent or anything like that.

Then again, I can understand Leodis just fine, too, so maybe it's me :lol:

Gragg might be the most important piece of them all this year depending on Chandlers health and potential FA signings. TE is thin so if Gragg can make catches he will challenge Lee Smith until another option pops up or Scott comes back.

Gragg might be the most important piece of them all this year depending on Chandlers health and potential FA signings. TE is thin so if Gragg can make catches he will challenge Lee Smith until another option pops up or Scott comes back.

I think he's actually got a shot. Marrone seems to like the H Back, hybrid type FB/TE. Now, we have 2 to mess around with.

Funny that they call them hybrids on O and tweeners on D.

Yes I agree about Rogers. It has not been about talent with him. He has as much potential as Woods, but it is drama about whether he has the attitude and heart to do something about that talent that makes his selection such an interesting story.