Fred Davis is kicking himself post draft

10-6 division champs, winning their all of their last 7 games despite being injury riddled all season? They looked really good and barring the RG3 injury were poised to beat Seattle. No doubt they are the projected division champion next year too. I can see some regression, but I think they are a good team.

your right I stand corrected they were 10-6....in a division with one playoff team

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's surprising, since supposably we have good schools.

Common man, no need to play grammer police on a message board!

For all "intensive purposes," yes.

Hah.

Back on topic, though, I don't see Davis being a dominate TE in the NFL.

I always associate the word resign with "to quit" but on this board it means "to sign a new contract." I sometimes get confused when people talk about a player on the Bills who "resigns" as a good thing. I think it should be re-sign just to make a distinction.

I always associate the word resign with "to quit" but on this board it means "to sign a new contract." I sometimes get confused when people talk about a player on the Bills who "resigns" as a good thing. I think it should be re-sign just to make a distinction.

You would be correct, my sage friend.

Prolly also annoys the !@#$ out of me.

At very least why wouldn't you spell it "probly?"

Let me axe you this than...what our you gonna dew bout it?

Strong words. Irregardless, his actions speak more louder then his words do anyhow. Yesterday he was mowing his lawn while we we're discussing his resigning with the Skin's, and he was seen too slowly shake his head won time while wiping his brow with his arm. Total regret.

Most definitely. Oar sew it seams.

For all "intensive purposes," yes.

BTW, Davis is still in damage control mode. This morning on Redskins Live! he said the following:

I was a sales rep in Boston for the top sales division for a fortune 100 company based out of Rochester. You can probably guess what company it was. I have a 4 year degree. I was probably 27 at the time - this was a 4 years ago.. I had a meeting to sell HR software to a top law firm in Boston. I literally said, "for all intensive purposes" and the group I was presenting to started laughing. One of the ladies asked me to repeat the statement. I said, "for all intensive purposes". They obviously got a huge laugh out of it, I was completely embarrassed but somehow I still closed the deal. I immediately called a friend to make fun of myself for being an idiot.

I was a sales rep in Boston for the top sales division for a fortune 100 company based out of Rochester. You can probably guess what company it was. I have a 4 year degree. I was probably 27 at the time - this was a 4 years ago.. I had a meeting to sell HR software to a top law firm in Boston. I literally said, "for all intensive purposes" and the group I was presenting to started laughing. One of the ladies asked me to repeat the statement. I said, "for all intensive purposes". They obviously got a huge laugh out of it, I was completely embarrassed but somehow I still closed the deal. I immediately called a friend to make fun of myself for being an idiot.

Ouch!

Funny story and I hope it was a huge commission.

Ouch!

Funny story and I hope it was a huge commission.

It was a nice chunk of change and worth the embarrassment. But its a funny story I break out now and then. Not too proud to make fun of myself when I deserve it.

Thank you. The not knowing "they're" vs. "there" (and "their") and having no clue when to use "your" vs. "you're" is to be expected, but it blows my mind how many times people write "could of" or "would of" on this site. I would venture to guess that posters on here write "of" instead of "have" more than 50% of the time. Oh well.

Who cares. I've never understood why people get wrapped up in everyone else's grammar.

Who cares. I've never understood why people get wrapped up in everyone else's grammar.

I don't get wrapped up in it, it just blows my mind when I read some of the stuff on here sometimes. Read the amusing story above from Bills4. You don't want to write a cover letter or send an email to a prospective employer with a "your" when it should be "you're." If just one fellow Bills fan took the time to look up when to use the proper "your" or the proper "there" or when not to use apostrophes, etc. because of the dialogue in this forum, then I feel like we accomplished something. Just looking out for my fellow Bills fans, that's all.

Edited by metzelaars_lives