Tyler Bray's father has some choice words

Bray's dad's problem is he spoke to the media. I don't fault him at all for feeling that way about his boy. I have two and their both athletes. I jsut would never put myself in a position to let my words be twisted and over analyzed which is what is happening here. When in business, keep your mouth shut and never let the reporters turn things on you.

The other reason is remember when the Browns QB (sorry can't remember his name from Texas) was lit up by James Harrison and the dad complained they let him back in after having a concussion. His words were eaten up by the media, and did not help him at all. If your an NFL dad, even as early as the draft, keep your mouth shut, and only tell your rela feelings to your wife, sons, brother, etc.

This guy needs to see the Godfather again. "Santino, I think your brains are going to mush! Never tell anyone outside the family what your thinking" (Marlon Brando to James Caan in the scene negotiating with Solazo).

Sorry guys Colt McCoy.

I'm still blown away by the support Bray has around here. He can't read defenses! He made more mind boggling throws than any other QB I watched last year. Yes, his arm is a cannon, but it's a wild cannon that has no apparent football intelligence. Like you said, his receivers were excellent, probably better than any other WR group in college outside of USC, and he was average with them.

His Tenn coaching staff stunk, and the HC was fired before the last game the 2012 season. The team went 5-7 ,and although the team had Bray and decent receivers the defense was on of the worst in team history. Bray got the wrong advice and decided to leave school early.

Hunter was the better WR with 73 rec, 1083 yards and Patterson had 46 rec for 778 yards + 25 carries for 308 yards. But they also dropped a lot of balls The team didn't have a 1000 yard rusher, and mainly depended on Bray to make things work.

Bray has a bunch of issues with his techniques, footwork, delivery, decision making, not to mention some off the field maturity problems. His agent probably told him he would be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Bray went to the right place to sit and learn, work on his craft. I can see this kid taking over the starting job next year and winning a bunch of games if he matures properly.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I'm sure the media had something to do with him speaking of it. It's not like he held a presser. Someone called him. What did he say that was that bad? He said his son should have been drafted. He did not make an excuse for WHY his son wasn't drafted. He just thought his physical gifts were worth a pick over what immaturity issues Bray had. Stupid thing is....most of you agree with what Mr. Bray said.

That's not my point either. My point is: Mr. Bray was saying the QB's physical talent was worth being drafted, even if he was immature. He was also "amazed" that there crickets during the draft, yet the phone was ringing off the hook to sign him as a FA. If Tyler was such a cancer, why would you bring him in even as a FA?

Comparing Tyler Bray to Ryan Leaf and calling him a loser is immature and ridiculous. People need to get real.

If youre upset about a situation involving your adult sons career, publicly expressing that in forums that get back to their employer, coworkers, etc.... is not, lets say, ideal.

If youre upset about a situation involving your adult sons career, publicly expressing that in forums that get back to their employer, coworkers, etc.... is not, lets say, ideal.

If you read or heard what he said, he didn't seem upset. Just amazed at the crickets during the draft and the crush to sign him after. I don't really care about Tyler Bray as a player or a person. I just think it's joke when people want to kick this guy when he is down without knowing anything about it.

Sounds like the kid got bad advice in coming out early. His dad's reaction was not bad. He does not know the process and if they have an agent telling them that his would get drafted, I can see him being upset. The part, as a parent, would bug me is if you keep calling and telling me you are going to draft his kid and then you pass. That was BS. It is one thing to tell a young man that you are considering on drafting him and promising on drafting him. I wonder what Pittsburgh's response is to the story.

Comparing Tyler Bray to Ryan Leaf and calling him a loser is immature and ridiculous. People need to get real.

I agree that comparisons to Leaf are not exact. As far as I know, Leaf was a complete idiot but in this case the whole Bray family is chock full of them. I'm surprised Bills fans aren't a little more offended at the obvious shot he took at Manuel calling Bray the "best quarterback physically". Whatever dad; maybe you should call the plays too.

Keep enabling Tyler and maybe he'll be an even bigger loser like someone who tattoos his own name on his back...oh wait, he checked that off his bucket list already. I wonder if he brought daddy to his interviews.

Good luck in the BFL.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I agree that comparisons to Leaf are not exact. As far as I know, Leaf was a complete idiot but in this case the whole Bray family is chock full of them. I'm surprised Bills fans aren't a little more offended at the obvious shot he took at Manuel calling Bray the "best quarterback physically". Whatever dad; maybe you should call the plays too.

Keep enabling Tyler and maybe he'll be an even bigger loser like someone who tattoos his own name on his back...oh wait, he checked that off his bucket list already. I wonder if he brought daddy to his interviews.

Good luck in the BFL.

Dude. His KID is a QB. It's not a slap at EJ if he says his kid is better. C'mon man.

Maybe the GMs of the NFL are finally getting smarter -- this year is replete with evidence of guys falling farther down the board (or out of the draft completely) because of concerns about leadership, character, smarts...

And then conversely, a relatively under-the-radar guy like Manuel shoots up because he wows the Bills with all of the above (and the physical tools don't hurt).

I wonder if it is the era? Coaches literally micromanage everything... Headsets in helmet, what not. Doesn't it make you long for the day when Jim McMahon was pissing off a douche like Ditka and being successful @ it. When wearing a playbook on your wristband was a sign that the QB was retarded (remember the guff Vince Ferragamo took). I think IMO, they are holding these kids back so the coaches can grab all the control... They want nothing more than yes men. Time to cut the apron strings...

i really liked the physical tools bray has, i however didn't like that he was a tool. his dad is allowed to get frustrated with it. that's part of a parents job, so of course he thinks his son is the best qb ever.

It's tuel!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Agreed. They just have the worst QB situation in the league though, IMO, and it's by far the best place for him to go and the best chance to make the team. I wouldn't have thought it was really possible before the draft, but he could even lan

d on the practice squad and not be a real threat to be picked up.

I think Alex Smith is okay. if you put him on a totally stacked team he can play well. If not, I think he struggles. And I think there is no way he is a long term answer, but just a decent to good stopgap for a couple years. Chase Daniel as your back-up is just horrid. Alex Tanney is their #3.

BTW, Ricky Stanzi I believe is also on the Chiefs. Based on starting QBs the Jets also deserve consideration.

Sounds like the kid got bad advice in coming out early. His dad's reaction was not bad.

Because the information is confidential and no one is saying, we don't know what grade the NFL's Draft Advisory Board gave Bray.

Most of the speculation had him no higher than a 3rd rounder. Unless the family badly needed the money I agree that Bray made a bad decision although we really don't know if he got bad advice.

There are no guarantees in life. There was a range of possibilities and going undrafted was certainly the worst-case scenario.

As for his dad's comments, it makes you wonder what kind of parenting Tyler got when he was in little league, etc.

Nothing wrong with sticking up for your kid but we really don't know enough about Tyler and his dad to condemn them or to absolve them.

Sounds like the kid got bad advice in coming out early. His dad's reaction was not bad. He does not know the process and if they have an agent telling them that his would get drafted, I can see him being upset. The part, as a parent, would bug me is if you keep calling and telling me you are going to draft his kid and then you pass. That was BS. It is one thing to tell a young man that you are considering on drafting him and promising on drafting him. I wonder what Pittsburgh's response is to the story.

Tyler brays dad knows the process. They've been a part of the process for a decade. This is just the first time they didnt get what they wanted.

Pitts response is what every teams would be, and every team does this - we liked him but our job is to get the best fits available.

He made a colossal mistake by not staying in but going to KC sitting behind Alex Smith and coached by Andy Reid should be ideal, Hopefully not getting drafted will knock him down a peg or two and get his attitude in the right place.

KCs QB situation is how I envisioned ours but whatcha gonna do.

if only we had ALEX SMITH and TYLER BRAY we would rule the world!!! :sick: :sick: BB you are on a roll this month my man.

it's ej manuel intervention time...........open up your heart to him just go with it.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

if only we had ALEX SMITH and TYLER BRAY we would rule the world!!! :sick: :sick: BB you are on a roll this month my man.

it's ej manuel intervention time...........open up your heart to him just go with it.

Maybe he really likes the way chase daniel holds a clipboard.

So after reading this thread, I get the sense that Bray is just another big dumb Assquat from TN, witih a big arm and an enabling father who is now upset at the process that is the NFL...

Note to DAD: Don't believe what you hear and be a little humble"

But, if Bray is the talent his Dad claims and he can still be teachable then maybe he makes it. Being an immature dumbass doesn't mean he will be a bad football player, look at Dan Marino or for that matter Patrick Kane.

Still, I am glad the Bills chose Emanuel and passed on Bray during the FA signing period. Just another headache best left to teams that are more qualified.

Edited by North Buffalo1

Seeing every TN game on TV living down here, there are 2 things I am glad I don't have to endure anymore......Bray executes the dreaded JP Loseman "throw at the RB's feet 2 yards short" to perfection, and the 2nd.......after he does connect on a big play, he does this super gay jog/strut back to the sidelines. Yeah, I said it, gay as a 3 dollar bill! I will see if I can find a clip.....it is disturbing lol

You guys are being hard on Mr. Bray. What did you expect him to say?? I didn't think it was jerky at all.

I'd expect him to either show a little class or just keep his mouth shut. How about "We expected Tyler to be drafted and were disappointed it didn't happen. But now we're excited for him to be part of the KC Chiefs."

i really liked the physical tools bray has, i however didn't like that he was a tool. his dad is allowed to get frustrated with it. that's part of a parents job, so of course he thinks his son is the best qb ever.

Part of a parent's job is to get frustrated and lash out like a chilld?? :blink:

A parent's job is to teach his child how to handle disappointment constructively.

Yet another QB in this class I am thrilled we didn't draft.

The response of Bray's father just adds to the understanding of where Tyler gets some of his issues from. I can understand his frustration, but at the same time you have to handle things in a smarter, more professional manner. Why not just state that this will add fuel to the fire, cause his son to work harder, and that they are grateful for the opportunity given to Tyler by the Chiefs? All the rest of the pissing and moaning is pretty much just giving partial proof as to why 31 other teams said no in the first place.

The response of Bray's father just adds to the understanding of where Tyler gets some of his issues from. I can understand his frustration, but at the same time you have to handle things in a smarter, more professional manner. Why not just state that this will add fuel to the fire, cause his son to work harder, and that they are grateful for the opportunity given to Tyler by the Chiefs? All the rest of the pissing and moaning is pretty much just giving partial proof as to why 31 other teams said no in the first place.

Yep.

The sour grape don't fall far from the vine.

All this projections of feelings on the dad. He expressed frustration that his son gets passed up in the draft, 11 other QBs are taken and then the phone rings off the hook because they now want him. I am sure everyone would handle it differently but give him his due. this reporter called him for his side of the story. No sour grapes, just a dad being a dad.

All this projections of feelings on the dad. He expressed frustration that his son gets passed up in the draft, 11 other QBs are taken and then the phone rings off the hook because they now want him. I am sure everyone would handle it differently but give him his due. this reporter called him for his side of the story. No sour grapes, just a dad being a dad.

His crappy attitude side of the story to be specific. And that crappy attitude that he gave to his son is what left him undrafted. This isn't what Paul Anka wrote the "Circle of Life" song about but it might as well have been.