Trade a WR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we keep them, and try to have a good wr core? We don't need to trade anyone we have cap room. Right now until proven otherwise the only legit wr we have is Stevie Johnson. I like the potential of Woods, and Da'Rick Rogers as much as the next guy, but it's mostly a bunch of "maybe, but" types behind SJ13

How about we keep them, and try to have a good wr core? We don't need to trade anyone we have cap room. Right now until proven otherwise the only legit wr we have is Stevie Johnson. I like the potential of Woods, and Da'Rick Rogers as much as the next guy, but it's mostly a bunch of "maybe, but" types behind SJ13

this

Graham, Smith, Easley ?- Would any of these guys have value? It seems like we have more than we can get reps in camp for.

Graham would fetch a fifth. Smith and Easley have no trade value. Keep them.

One draft snaring a 3rd stringer on a mediocre passing team and an UDFA pot head who washed out of his program who fell out of the draft and we are now so deep as to talk about trading a WR? A week ago, we had SJ and a boatload of sh-t, and now we should trade someone? Excuse me while I beat my head against the wall.... :wallbash:

What is the infatuation with trading players as soon as the Bills have the slightest amount of depth at a position. I can't believe we released Aaron Corp, should have traded him!

Graham, Smith, Easley ?- Would any of these guys have value? It seems like we have more than we can get reps in camp for.

A week ago we had no WRs and now we have so many that we need to trade 1? Unless our #4/5 guy is so good that he could start on another team (Which I don’t believe they are) keep them all and let them compete. None of these guys really have any trade value right now other than SJ13. Maybe we could get a low pick for TJ but we surely won’t get back the 3rd we just spent on him, no one would touch Smith with that contract and Easley only has trade value here on TSW.

Typically we'd have around 10-12 WRs at the start of camp and that’s right about where we are. It should be a good camp battle. IMO SJ13, Graham, Woods & Goodwin are basically locks to make it. That leaves 1-2 spots for Smith, Easley, Rogers, Kaufman and the few others to compete for.

Keep the talent we have so when injuries hit, we’re not pulling guys off the street.

Graham probably has some value, exactly equal to whatever round grade another team had on him last year. However, given that he was perceived as a massive reach, there's no guarantee that any other team had a 3rd-round grade on him, or even a 4th or 5th. Trading a 3rd-round pick for a lower pick just 1 year later is an admission of incompetence that no NFL team would make. (Nor should they -- they're better off with the chance of Graham turning things around.)

Easley absolutely has no value. Smith probably has no value because of his contract. The Jets or someone would probably sign him if he was cut, but I doubt anyone would be willing to part with a draft pick AND pay him $3.75 million. Honestly, I think just the $3.75 million would be a dealbreaker. If he gets cut, I'll be surprised if anyone puts in a waiver claim.