Hard Knocks for Buffalo?

I think it would make for an interesting season of Hard knocks granted we're biased because we're Bills fans but it would make for an interesting storyline I think. rookie QB tryin to beat out the Veteran, the shiny new WR corp and all the drama that will certainly ensue, the new defense. There will be lots of positional battles at SJF for sure. It has the makings of a good show. I know its been called a distraction before and the old regime wanted nothing to do with it but now the publicity might do us some good. It's not like it is gonna distract us from a superbowl run lets be realistic.....thoughts?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm optimistic about the future, there's a very strong chance we'll be a very bad team. The only appeal is a rookie QB and the new coaching staff. However, it wouldn't be smart for the organization to put that much pressure on such a young group. Bad idea.

I could see Russ Brandon utilizing this as a marketing tool for the franchise especially in light of losing out on the Movie Draft Day. However I believe Buddy Nix and Doug Marrone would not want the added pressure especially during Marrone's First TC.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I could see Russ Brandon utilizing this as a marketing tool for the franchise especially in light of losing out on the Movie Draft Day. However I believe Buddy Nix and Doug Marrone would not want the added pressure especially during Marrone's First TC.

I don't think anyone wants it and I don't think draft day was truly a "loss"

Im usually staunchly opposed to this idea... but this year I think it could work. It really doesnt seem like that much of a distraction, and it could help unify a young team. I highly doubt Marrone would go for it, but Pettine's already been through it (a few times?). Who knows? This year kinda seems completely up in the air.

While I'm optimistic about the future, there's a very strong chance we'll be a very bad team. The only appeal is a rookie QB and the new coaching staff. However, it wouldn't be smart for the organization to put that much pressure on such a young group. Bad idea.

"optimistic" " very bad"? I wrote this in another thread, but I'll do it again. How did this team get worse? Last year was one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen.

NO!

IF, and it's an if at this time, Pettine gets this defense to play to its enormous potential and Hackett brings a wide open attack featuring never before seen talent from a Buffalo receiving corp and featuring a rookie prototype QB of the Legaues future, no way in hell do I want ANYBDY seeing any part of it 'till we spring on the perennial Division Champs Opening Sunday.

"optimistic" " very bad"? I wrote this in another thread, but I'll do it again. How did this team get worse? Last year was one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen.

Oh yeah and HELL NO

NO!

IF, and it's an if at this time, Pettine gets this defense to play to its enormous potential and Hackett brings a wide open attack featuring never before seen talent from a Buffalo receiving corp and featuring a rookie prototype QB of the Legaues future, no way in hell do I want ANYBDY seeing any part of it 'till we spring on the perennial Division Champs Opening Sunday.

Totally agree! We don't want to show them anything at all, the only video they'll have is from the vanilla preseason.

I don't think anyone wants it and I don't think draft day was truly a "loss"

I have heard the script is horrible, but I believe there was a article in The Buffalo News about Director Ivan Reitman in the being shown possible filming locations in WNY and he did meet with Brandon as well. Were the Bills truly interested, who knows.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130207/CITYANDREGION/130209308

But the Governor was

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130305/CITYANDREGION/130309579

I have heard the script is horrible, but I believe there was a article in The Buffalo News about Director Ivan Reitman in the being shown possible filming locations in WNY and he did meet with Brandon as well. Were the Bills truly interested, who knows.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130207/CITYANDREGION/130209308

But the Governor was

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130305/CITYANDREGION/130309579

Well that's mixing two very different conversations. The tax base and jobs of a movie shooting in buffalo would be great so the governor should love it - the honor it would bring to the franchise would be slim to none so I doubt the bills are scrambling to sign up for something to replace it.... And of course they'd meet with Brandon if planning on using the stadium and team logos.

Edited by NoSaint

I think it would make for an interesting season of Hard knocks granted we're biased because we're Bills fans but it would make for an interesting storyline I think. rookie QB tryin to beat out the Veteran, the shiny new WR corp and all the drama that will certainly ensue, the new defense. There will be lots of positional battles at SJF for sure. It has the makings of a good show. I know its been called a distraction before and the old regime wanted nothing to do with it but now the publicity might do us some good. It's not like it is gonna distract us from a superbowl run lets be realistic.....thoughts?

Publicity is useless for an NFL team restrained by the salary cap. Hard Knocks is a distraction for attention-seeking owners. No thanks.

Agreed.. Sounds like the T.O. Show version 2.0

I don't know, the script is supposed to be pretty well respected. It was considered the best "unproduced script" on The Black List in 2012. And it may sound like a stupid award or ranking, but in the past, other movies that have gotten on the number 1 unproduced script include Argos and Social Network. So chances are, the script cant be horrible, though movies are very subjective.