Hard Knocks for Buffalo?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this article, if we have hard knocks here people will see Tavon Austin in a Bills uniform. So i'm all for it :P

http://www.sportskee...os-hard-knocks/

Well at least they got the EJ Manuel part right.

It wouldn't have been surprising for them to place Ryan Nassib on the Bills roster the way things are going in the media.

we dont have the ego's to cause a problem, even Miami last year - their big deal was Chad Johnson that they eliminated we just don't have that guy who has a story.

Actually, if this was 1985, media today wasn't 100% driven by click traffic, and the quality of content and most interesting story, and not whatever is most likely to be the next "Look! A squirrel!", was the diver of what was covered?

The 2013 Bills would be a hell of a story in 1985. It'd be on the cover of SI. A coach that doesn't take his own college QB? A sports media either duped by a crafty GM, or, an idiot GM outsmarting himself. A huge risk on 2 QBs in Manuel and Smtih, that has all the boom/bust of Ryan Leaf vs. Peyton Manning? There's all kinds of quality content here. That's because a compelling story is a good story no matter what year it is.

By 1985 standards, the 2013 Cowboys are a terrible story. Jerry Jones doing the same old act, and refusing to admit he needs to hire a real GM, after another questionable draft? News? Hardly. That wasn't "news" 5 years ago. You could write that story today, and publish it next year and nobody would notice. :lol:

But, due to the "business model" that is sports journalism, you can get more "squirrel" out of saying Cowboys than Bills. This is the only reason ESPNDallas exists.

But, ultimately, this over-centralization, and, attempt to cherry pick the market, will FAIL, because it always does, in everything. Why? Because it is fundamentally bad business to go out of your way to annoy half your market by telling them they aren't worthy of you, and all but dare somebody to compete with you, while conceding the half that is "beneath you", right out of the gate.

The good news is that people like Joe Buscalia and Chris Brown get to do a job they wouldn't, if it was 1985.

And, as true as everything I wrote here is, and as great as the Bills story really is....

...I still don't want these Fs anywhere near my new head coach, and my new team. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Considering Marrone acts quite a bit like Belicheck in his communication to the media, there is not a snowball's chance of this happening nor do i want it.

Marrone is getting Belicheck comparisons and he hasn't even coached a preseason game yet.