Jairus Byrd: Jason Peters Part II?

Dawgg

Let's see...

1. The Bills have converted both Ron Brooks and Aaron Williams to safety.
  2. The team drafted two safeties in this year's draft.
  3. Byrd's agent is Eugene Parker who also represents Jason Peters. This is the same agent who advised his client to hold out and ultimately engineered his exit to a contending team.
  4. Reports suggest that there has been little to no dialogue between the two sides.
  5. Both Byrd and his agent have been radio silent. Byrd's last tweet was March 1st, which happens to be the date he was franchised.

My uneducated guess (hope I'm wrong): Byrd's preference is to play/sign elsewhere and Eugene Parker is hellbent on making that happen. The Bills are making other plans.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is Duke and Jon Meeks were drafted not only as BPA based on the Bills' own board but as "insurance policies" in the event Byrd is not re-signed to a long term deal this year. Certainly, we'd all like to see Byrd back long term, but stockpiling safeties is not a bad idea in the unfortunate event that Jairus goes elsewhere.

Difference is Bryd didn't recently have a pay raise like Peters did. Hopefully, Bryd won't sulk like a fat baby like Peters did and not answer phone calls or show up to work out of shape, putting teammates' health in jeopardy. But based on how Bryd carries himself, this shouldn't be a problem. And he should be the highest paid safety in football. Get it done.

Yes, in the overall rank of transgressors, you do have to love them.

:thumbsup:

Even more than those who start new topics without reading what's already out there.

"transgressor"-- only in your warped world does a new thread constitute a transgression. I read what was out there and believe that a new thread is sufficiently justified.

Are you trying to reach the venerable status of "Moderator" like Simon? Best of luck in your quest.

And thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Dawgg

You can add:

6. Both are considered to be at or near the best at their respective positions and are asking to be paid accordingly.

And we are paying him his Franchise tag which is top 5 money for this year, and we are negotiating. But we can't spend stupid money on one player when Wood and Spiller are due soon. I'm all for paying the man as long as he's being reasonable about his value.

PTR

You can add:

6. Both are considered to be at or near the best at their respective positions and are asking to be paid accordingly.

Byrd was really good his first year, followed by a mediocre second and better his third year. He is far from irreplaceable. Would love to have him, but if he doesn't want to be here, then see 'ya. And how did that whole Jason Peters thing work out for Philly?

No doubt Eugene Parker is playing the same game with Byrd as he did with Peters. If so, I hope the Bills let Byrd sit and rot. If he will not sign the tender, let him sit. They will still own his rights come next year. I would love to keep him, but they should not allow themselves to be held hostage.

Let's see...

3. Byrd's agent is Eugene Parker who also represents Jason Peters. This is the same agent who advised his client to hold out and ultimately engineered his exit to a contending team.

4. Reports suggest that there has been little to no dialogue between the two sides.

5. Both Byrd and his agent have been radio silent. Byrd's last tweet was March 1st, which happens to be the date he was franchised.

My uneducated guess (hope I'm wrong): Byrd's preference is to play/sign elsewhere and Eugene Parker is hellbent on making that happen. The Bills are making other plans.

The Eagles are/were a contending team?

Let's see...

Well i would hate to see him go but as long as we could get a couple #1's or a #1 & #2 in the draft i think that might be compensation enough .

But that said i hope we clip the Byrd mans wings & keep him her e in B/Lo for years to come !!

Let's see...

1. Reports suggest that there has been little to no dialogue between the two sides.

That is not correct. Buddy Nix said that Byrd is a high priority item, they have been in contact with Byrd's agent and were planning to have more dialogue now that the draft is over.

Byrd was really good his first year, followed by a mediocre second and better his third year. He is far from irreplaceable. Would love to have him, but if he doesn't want to be here, then see 'ya. And how did that whole Jason Peters thing work out for Philly?

+ 1

I like BYrd also, but does the 28th, 30th, 26th ranked D in the league really need the highest paid S in the league?

That is not correct. Buddy Nix said that Byrd is a high priority item, they have been in contact with Byrd's agent and were planning to have more dialogue now that the draft is over.

No argument that it's a high priority item for the Bills. I'm questioning whether it's a high priority item for Byrd's camp.