FA TEs still available

bowery4

Chandler seems to be a mid season starter (and who knows how well the ACL will heal) and we drafted a HB/FB like Dickerson

here is a list of available FA TEs still out there. It seems the one position in FA to still find some talent.

Dallas Clark

Kevin Boss

Kellen Winslow

Todd Heap

Jeremy Shockey

Visanthe Shiancoe

David Thomas

Randy McMichael

Chris Cooley

Dante Rosario

Travis Beckum

Leonard Pope

Billy Bajema

Will Heller

It is interesting to me because with this list we could still bring in 2 really, my choice would be Shiancoe.

Chandler seems to be a mid season starter (and who knows how well the ACL will heal) and we drafted a HB/FB like Dickerson

here is a list of available FA TEs still out there. It seems the one position in FA to still find some talent.

Dallas Clark

Kevin Boss

Kellen Winslow

Todd Heap

Jeremy Shockey

Visanthe Shiancoe

David Thomas

Randy McMichael

Chris Cooley

Dante Rosario

Travis Beckum

Leonard Pope

Billy Bajema

Will Heller

It is interesting to me because with this list we could still bring in 2 really, my choice would be Shiancoe.

No thanks...on any of them.

That list is an illusion. Most of the players on the list are camp fodder or guys with injuries that will make their performance questionable. I believe Boss still hasn't been cleared after a series of concussions. Some have not played, or hardly played in over a year. Many have major knee injuries. A couple have stated they would only come back for their previous teams, preferring retirement over changing teams.

I believe the only one who posted acceptable stats last year was Clark. And he is is a step away from retirement. He is the only one I would sign to a one year performance incentive based contract.

At this point it looks like getting a vet on a one year contract and drafting a TE high next year is the only really option. Which is sad considering the talent that was available at TE in this years draft. For some reason the Bills are still TE adverse. With our only serviceable TE also questionable with injuries it looks like TE will not be a gadget used in our offense very much except for being a blocker for our RBs.

Edited by simpleman

Actually,

Clark and Shockley both had some numbers last year. Beckum (who is 26) had a torn acl, from roto world "Beckum, 26, played just 23 snaps in four games for the Giants last season, but he didn't record a single catch as he recovered from a torn ACL. The former third-round pick says the knee is now "healthy." he has never had much in numbers though.

I like Shiancoe because up until he was released last year he had averaged more tha 10 yards a catch for 6 out of his 9 seasons.

That list is an illusion. Most of the players on the list are camp fodder or guys with injuries that will make their performance questionable. I believe Boss still hasn't been cleared after a series of concussions. Some have not played, or hardly played in over a year. Many have major knee injuries. A couple have stated they would only come back for their previous teams, preferring retirement over changing teams.

I believe the only one who posted acceptable stats last year was Clark. And he is is a step away from retirement. He is the only one I would sign to a one year performance incentive based contract.

At this point it looks like getting a vet on a one year contract and drafting a TE high next year is the only really option. Which is sad considering the talent that was available at TE in this years draft. For some reason the Bills are still TE adverse. With our only serviceable TE also questionable with injuries it looks like TE will not be a gadget used in our offense very much except for being a blocker for our RBs.

I see what you are saying... I think the Bills had an ok draft ( but you can't get everything and they did say they stuck to thier board) they did pick up weapons and have a few on the roster anyway, and yeah 1 year would be the most any of these guys could give you. I think we raid PSs like in the past or pick up someone from waivers who is young but....in case of emergency. Here is the list, which does have more talent than most positions (which was my OG. point).

Edited by bowery4

Wow, a few years ago there would be some top Fantasy League TEs here. I would go after:

Dallas Clark

Kevin Boss

Kellen Winslow

Todd Heap

Visanthe Shiancoe

Randy McMichael

Chris Cooley

If any of these still have something left in the tank, it would probably be an upgrade.

Kellen Winslow should something left in the tank. He never really used any of it.

Pick up Dallas Clark. Hopefully only need him the first half of the season. So if his tank is half full then it will run out when Chandler gets back. Then he can recharge himself for the playoff run.

Pope would offer some nice depth

Pittsburgh picked him up didn't they?

Edited by The Tomcat

Kellen Winslow should something left in the tank. He never really used any of it.

He put all of his effort in his mouth & not on the team or the field !! A total waste of talent I'll pass !! :thumbdown:

Edited by T master

I wouldnt mind Clark or Boss for one year.

CBF

I always liked Boss - he just has had enough concussion issues to make me concerned. If he's cleared, I say give him a shot.

Clark is a good TE, but only flourished with Peyton Manning. I don't think we've heard much from him recently.

I'd bring in any of them. 1 year non guaranteed contract. See how they do compared to what we have. If they're an upgrade and worth the $, I don't see why not. While I'm ok with Keeping Lee and Gragg to see what they have, Dickerson and the rest could be upgraded.