So is Buddy done after the draft?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley not taking any interviews for GM positions. He would have been considered if he didn't take his name out of the candidates. I think it was Ian Rapaport who said that, but I can't recall for sure.

A year or two ago there was a great article discussing Doug Whaley including his work with the steelers and his place in the Bills organization. I came away believing that Doug was a good pro scout with the steelers and would have been unprepared to become a GM even though he was an "up and coming candidate". I think Doug is happy being groomed into the position and that is why he's staying put. I think Buddy stays this year and at least through the draft next year, though I can see Doug taking a leadership role in the draft next year. We'll see, it's all speculation but I think Buddy will not be shy about letting us know when Doug takes the lead on things.

EJ Manuel @16 has Buddy Nix written all over it. Cam Newton light was WAAAAAAY too early.

Another TJ Graham in Marquise Goodwin in the 3rd.

Hv to disagree...The Bills taking a QB in general isn't Buddy

Goodwin and Graham are two completely different players, can't really compare them

Edited by Max997

It wouldn't shock me if Buddy retires or assumes a reduced role in the organization. When Ralph handed the keys to Russ Brandon, Nix said that he wouldn't be able to keep working these kind of hours forever. The guy is 73 now; my guess is this draft is his swan song. (Heck, I'm only 53 and I hate working 55-60 hours a week!)

I love how everything is always the worst with Bills. Worst QB, worst GM, worst coaches, yada yada. I just spent the morning listening to Sirius "NY Jets" radio and if you didn't know the callers were whining about the Jets you'd think they were talking about the Bills.

Worst GM, worst drafting, worst QB, laughing stock of the NFL, etc. This from fans of a team that went to 2 AFCC games in a row a few seasons ago.

Yes Buddy Nix didn't build a winner, but neither has 20 or so other NFL GMs. I'm sure those fans would tell you their team is the worst in the NFL too.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The chatter about Buddy leaving is all speculation and in many cases hopeful anticipation. Personally, I can't think of a single fact known to the public that supports the idea of Buddy's imminent departure.

Buddy has said publicly in the past that he would not leave until a Franchise QB is in place. With the drafting of Manuel, this could be the beginning of the end for him. This of course is pure speculation on my part.

Besides Spiller Buddy's first draft was awful....I think that draft rubbed. Lot of ppl including me the wrong way

Since Buddy did not have his scouting staff in place until the following draft , I think he can get a mulligan on the his first.

One fact is front office contracts expire May 1st. Is it this year for Nix, don't know, but it's still the logical time. Didn't Modrek go after the draft??

The chatter about Buddy leaving is all speculation and in many cases hopeful anticipation. Personally, I can't think of a single fact known to the public that supports the idea of Buddy's imminent departure.

So who thinks Buddy gives the keys to Whaley now? Nix could stay on as a scout or something.

PTR

Well he did talk about getting a franchise QB first & then walking off into the sunset so it could be so ???

But i think with the talent that Buddy has brought to the team during his tenure he could walk away feel as if he has done our team justice .

Although you would never know it from some of the fans on this sight

Hv to disagree...The Bills taking a QB in general isn't Buddy

Goodwin and Graham are two completely different players, can't really compare them

The Goodwin pick with Patton there is a head scratcher & to move up to get Graham is also a HS .

They just don't make sense more than not with the players available ...

Edited by T master

How about the team's record the past 3 seasons?

You and birdog want to talk about the MERITS of Buddy's tenure and whether he should be gone. That's fine, but I took this thread to be about the TIMING of Buddy's departure. My point is, I see no public signs of Buddy being forced out. In fact I recall Russ' comments about Buddy on the day he took the reigns from Ralph. Russ was positively glowing about Buddy.