Proof Nix is living in an Altered State of Reality

"Nix said he believes the Bills are "close everywhere else" except for the quarterback position". Since the Bills have not added any significant talent, and in fact lost talent since last season, this is proof that Nix is not living in the real world. Last season was a disaster of epic proportions for a Bills team and he says the team is close everywhere else except quarterback. Wonder what type of drugs he is doing? Scary thought as he steps up to the podium in a few hours.

"Nix said he believes the Bills are "close everywhere else" except for the quarterback position". Since the Bills have not added any significant talent, and in fact lost talent since last season, this is proof that Nix is not living in the real world. Last season was a disaster of epic proportions for a Bills team and he says the team is close everywhere else except quarterback. Wonder what type of drugs he is doing? Scary thought as he steps up to the podium in a few hours.

:lol:

Put a franchise quarterback on the Bills and we're in the playoffs (with Pettine as DC, because surely he's better than Wandstache...right??). That's how much impact that position has. Do we have holes to fill aside from QB? Absolutely. But many deficiencies are highlighted or masked by QB play, depending.

Edited by NickelCity

Billie B, John Fox and the Harbaugh brothers with the respective staff's would have had that same Bills team WITH Fitz at least fighting and in the race until the last week of the season, perhaps even a WC. None of those guys would have stood for that embrassment we saw on Defense, and would not have been afraid to take some chances and shake up roster positions.

I truly believe Gailey kept 2-3 wins away from this team each season.

I actually agree with him. I really liked Gailey overall but he was stubborn and failed to see the whole picture. Wanny should have been relived of his duties after the San Fran game. That was beyond bad, how woefully prepared the team was to stop, well anything.

Fitz played hard and I admired his toughness, but with a better QB, that team last year could have won 3 or 4 more games

if you drop a franchise qb on this roster we certainly are a lot closer than most think. rosters around the league arent THAT different for the most part. its whether or not you have a qb, and if your HC can manage a couple of big decisions properly that seperate the winners and losers.

I have to agree with Nix. Replace Fitz with Wilson, Kapaernick, or hell, even Tannenhill, replace Wannstache with anyone who has half a clue, and hand-off/throw to Spiller at least 30 times per game and we are in the playoffs.

Who would have ever thought the Colts would go from winless to playoffs in 1 season? That was not just all Luck.

Edited by kas23

What was insufficient about the other 362398329827827 threads that you needed to make a new one for this?

Sorry I did not see the 362398329827827 threads that were made today quoting Nix's statements on today's radio interview. :doh:

I have to agree with Nix. Replace Fitz with Wilson, Kapaernick, or hell, even Tannenhill, replace Wannstache with anyone who has half a clue, and hand-off/throw to Spiller at least 30 times per game and we are in the playoffs.

Who would have ever thought the Colts would go from winless to playoffs in 1 season? That was not just all Luck.

They werent winless.....

Well, perhaps Nix should have gone into detailed specifics about where his roster is lacking, and which players need to be replaced or upgraded - maybe even laid out an order of which positions they'll address in the draft! Of course he's going to say that! He's been on the job for going on 3 years - if they aren't pretty close by then, he's not doing a very good job.

Now, as to whether or not he really believes that, I think he probably has a better grasp of the Bills competitiveness in the talent department than anyone. I happen to think if Buffalo gets a truly good QB, another WR, a TE to go with Chandler, an ILB, and then an upgrade at G and CB - and we're able to bang with anyone. That's 6 positions. Let's say they get their QB with the 1st, a good WR in the second, a promising ILB in the 3rd, and a speedy TE in the 4th. After the draft they pick up Moore, for the Guard spot. Or, let's say they take a good CB instead of LB in the third, and after the draft they also bring in Dansby. All of a sudden they have talent and competition everywhere.

There's reason to be optimistic - but they have to nail this draft. If they get near as I described above, I fully expect them to be competing for a wild card - this year. So, that's pretty close, eh?

I think a good qb last year would have gotten us at least 3 more wins, and a competent coaching staff would add another 3...even the 6 we won seemed to be in spite of bad coaching...we are by no means one player away from the Super Bowl, but I would agree a qb away from the playoffs...maybe I'm delusional, but I think as a whole, the team is a pretty talented one.

Exactly that wasnt Luck, that was mandated in order to get Luck. 2010: 10-6:playoffs, 2011: 2-14, 2012: 11-5:playoffs.

Sure they lost Manning in 2012 but that season should have been 5 or 6 wins with that team at the least. They were playing for the Luck Bowl as the media and their fans called it, they cant admit it as its a grey area but they sure did it.

Edited by bladiebla

Well, perhaps Nix should have gone into detailed specifics about where his roster is lacking, and which players need to be replaced or upgraded - maybe even laid out an order of which positions they'll address in the draft! Of course he's going to say that! He's been on the job for going on 3 years - if they aren't pretty close by then, he's not doing a very good job.

Now, as to whether or not he really believes that, I think he probably has a better grasp of the Bills competitiveness in the talent department than anyone. I happen to think if Buffalo gets a truly good QB, another WR, a TE to go with Chandler, an ILB, and then an upgrade at G and CB - and we're able to bang with anyone. That's 6 positions. Let's say they get their QB with the 1st, a good WR in the second, a promising ILB in the 3rd, and a speedy TE in the 4th. After the draft they pick up Moore, for the Guard spot. Or, let's say they take a good CB instead of LB in the third, and after the draft they also bring in Dansby. All of a sudden they have talent and competition everywhere.

"Well, perhaps Nix should have gone into detailed specifics about where his roster is lacking" Nix has said they need a QB, LB, TE, and another WR repeatedly. Most think he's been too forthcoming.

Edited by Triple Threat