TJ: "Be like Mike Wallace"

Just a little side note while all the draft talk is making everyone crazy and excited and irritable...

On what his mindset has been this offseason:

“Doug Whaley sent me a challenge. He said when he was in Pittsburgh they drafted a guy in the third round named Mike Wallace. As a speed guy he has been…he is not a very small speed guy. He is of long stature, very similar to myself. He told me to kind of compare ourselves and figure out what our differences were. I kind of took that to heart saying, ‘I have wanted to be that type of player and more.’ So I figured it out and I am trying to improve on it to get to where he is.” – Bills WR T.J. Graham via The John Murphy Show on 4/23

I like that Whaley did that. I don't think TJ will ever be confused with Wallace but it's good to see the front office trying to get these guys to do whatever they can to get better. TJ struggled last year. We need to see some substantial improvement.

I like that Whaley did that. I don't think TJ will ever be confused with Wallace but it's good to see the front office trying to get these guys to do whatever they can to get better. TJ struggled last year. We need to see some substantial improvement.

TJ did quite fine with Fitz and a sputtering passing O in his rookie season. I am not even slightly worried about TJ's future. He will be a much bigger part of our O this year, and lots of people will get to eat crow from all the whining about picking him

Wallace had Big Ben throwing him the football as rookie.

TJ did quite fine with Fitz and a sputtering passing O in his rookie season. I am not even slightly worried about TJ's future. He will be a much bigger part of our O this year, and lots of people will get to eat crow from all the whining about picking him

You mean except for not getting the playbook right and dropping numerous easy passes right in his hands and not knowing where the first down marker was?

I think TJ had a crappy year overall, even though he showed a knack for getting open and getting deep which cannot be underestimated. He could have a very decent year if we get a TE or another solid WR. I like what I am seeing and reading.

Wallace had Big Ben throwing him the football as rookie.

I would gladly eat that crow. Gladly.

Love this Quote...

“I feel really good about T.J. Graham,” said Johnson. “I have been watching him since he got here, but these past couple days he looks like a kid with something on his mind. Like as if he is trying to take over the team or take over this receiving corps. It is going to be fun competing with him and the rest of the guys in the room.”

I would love for him to step up and be a stud for us.

Bold prediction: TJ Graham would be a better wr with Big Ben as his QB than Fitz. Also, Wallace would be a worse receiver with Fitz. I love everything about Fitz, except his arm. He was absolutely the worst QB for a guy like Graham. Doesn't mean TJ will come close to Wallace but I'm going to bury him after one season with a QB that struggled mightily to throw deep.

But this illustrates why I HATE the idea of a receiver in the 1st round. It is the most dependent position in football. Fitzergald is a top 3 wr and he was absolutely wasted in Arizona.

He dropped the ball a lot in college, and he showed that he can drop the ball in the pros. Living here in Raleigh, the NC State faithful were driven crazy by his drops in college. I hope he overcomes this problem, otherwise all his speed will be wasted by bad hands. Have not given up on him yet, but he will need to prove it with action on the field.

Just a little side note while all the draft talk is making everyone crazy and excited and irritable...

He has the speed, that's not the problem...He needs to learn how to deal with contact with defenders, which was one of his biggest problems IMO last year, only eclipsed by his obviously terrible hands. I just believe those are things that come naturally to a player, and can't simply be taught.

He also ran poor routes, but I believe that is something that CAN be learned. The inability to deal with physical contact and his poor hands will concern me to say the least until I see proof that he can actually improve in those areas though.

He dropped the ball a lot in college, and he showed that he can drop the ball in the pros. Living here in Raleigh, the NC State faithful were driven crazy by his drops in college. I hope he overcomes this problem, otherwise all his speed will be wasted by bad hands. Have not given up on him yet, but he will need to prove it with action on the field.

Absolutely agree with this ^

Bold prediction: TJ Graham would be a better wr with Big Ben as his QB than Fitz. Also, Wallace would be a worse receiver with Fitz. I love everything about Fitz, except his arm. He was absolutely the worst QB for a guy like Graham. Doesn't mean TJ will come close to Wallace but I'm going to bury him after one season with a QB that struggled mightily to throw deep.

But this illustrates why I HATE the idea of a receiver in the 1st round. It is the most dependent position in football. Fitzergald is a top 3 wr and he was absolutely wasted in Arizona.

But guess what...The same guy that wasted Larry Fitzgerald last year, is projected to be the guy throwing the ball to TJ this year...

Yikes

Edited by Turbosrrgood

A lot of mocks we are taking Tavon Austin. I don't believe Austin would give us anything that second year receiver Graham couldn't already give us. If we are going after a receiver we need somebody, like Nix said, is open even when he's covered. A Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, etc. etc. That's why I think if we are stuck at #8 we need to take Cordarrelle Patterson if we are set on taking a receiver, which I hope we aren't.

Even though we have went D in the past 2 drafts I think we still need a dominate linebacker, even in the off-chance we get Dansby, and another pass rusher in case Anderson doesn't pan out. (Dion Jordan, Mingo, Jones, Ogletree)

A lot of mocks we are taking Tavon Austin. I don't believe Austin would give us anything that second year receiver Graham couldn't already give us. If we are going after a receiver we need somebody, like Nix said, is open even when he's covered. A Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, etc. etc. That's why I think if we are stuck at #8 we need to take Cordarrelle Patterson if we are set on taking a receiver, which I hope we aren't.

Even though we have went D in the past 2 drafts I think we still need a dominate linebacker, even in the off-chance we get Dansby, and another pass rusher in case Anderson doesn't pan out. (Dion Jordan, Mingo, Jones, Ogletree)

Pet peeve # 4,832

(dominant)