Who will be this year's DRAFT SLIDERS AND BUSTS???

well I don't watch game-tape like you do..well ok not at all..but anyways..i don't think that CB Tyrann Mathieu will last in the NFL...once he gets that money he's gonna go crazy...I know he says he's done with drugs and he knows he has to get his head screwed on,but man that's a lot of drugs he can buy with that money.

I sure there are lots of NFL players, doing lots of different drugs. Like, the league is fueled by pharmacies!

I agree though, he didn't seem very good at evading detection, so THAT could be a problem.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Maybin has to be included in any subject that includes the words "Draft Busts".

I have seen just about all of Mingo's games and he is the same player. I know that No Saint feels the same way. The good news I don't think that he will be on the Bills. He will be someone else's problem.

Aaron Maybin has to be included in any subject that includes the words "Draft Busts".

Except when he isn't in the draft that is being discussed.

I know...just look how Kaepernick struggled adjusting to NFL defenses from the likes of the Idaho Vandals, New Mexico State Aggies, San Jose State Spartans, Utah Utes, etc..etc...

Oh wait...

yeah, but he was setting records, and tearing up the conference. I'm not down on Nassib, but I don't think he is the same prospect that Kaepernick was.

Nassib busts out early. -He's not that good of an athlete, and the speed of the pro game will be too much for him. -Barkley follows him shortly after for the same reason.

Jarvis Jones will be out of comission for most of his short pro career. Barkevious Mingo will eventually turn into a servicable linebacker, but probably won't see too many pro bowls.

Ziggy Ansah will be a perennial pro-bowler, as will Margus Hunt. I think Hunt's career will be shorter, but he'll put up some crazy numbers.

RPI's QB Mike Hermann, (If given the chance) will shock the football world.

So Nassib wont be able to adjust the speed of the NFL coming from D1 but Mike Hermann will do just fine coming from D3?

So Nassib wont be able to adjust the speed of the NFL coming from D1 but Mike Hermann will do just fine coming from D3?

Ryan Nassib looked slow and unathletic even at the Senior Bowl. He'll be over drafted by someone (hopefully it's not the Bills) and will therefore be a bust. He's a QB from a soon to be bygone NFL era which is not coming back anytime soon. He's the one I also think will be the biggest bust of this year's draft.

IMO his highest ceiling is Andy Dalton, which in my book isn't nearly good enough with the great QBs in this league like Rogers, Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick, Brees and that's not even counting Manning and Brady who could be around another three years. It's also not counting the great QBs in next year's class.

I have seen just about all of Mingo's games and he is the same player. I know that No Saint feels the same way. The good news I don't think that he will be on the Bills. He will be someone else's problem.

Mingo has some Maybinesque traits but:

1) He played at a higher level of competition than Maybin

2) He has a longer track record than Maybin

3) He is a better athlete than Maybin. Maybin could only run well at 220 pounds. The few times he was able to bulk up, he lost his speed. Mingo on the other hand carries his weight naturally with speed.

I do question Mingo football temperament though. Not sure he has the hunger and the warrior.

Oh wait..He is athletic, He can RUN and gun.

No argument with you there. My response was not a defense of Nassib - it was simply to point out that the level of college competion, while important in some respects, should not be the deciding factor in whether or not Nassib (or any quarterback) succeeds in the NFL. The poster I was responding to said nothing about his skills (or lack thereof) - just that he played a weak schedule in college.

Geno Smith....plenty of arm talent, but not too much going on between the ears IMO.

He actually looked reasonably intelligent on Gruden's show... I think he'll be good in the right system... Phil would be a good landing place for him... Maybe Oakland...

Mingo has some Maybinesque traits but:

1) He played at a higher level of competition than Maybin

2) He has a longer track record than Maybin

3) He is a better athlete than Maybin. Maybin could only run well at 220 pounds. The few times he was able to bulk up, he lost his speed. Mingo on the other hand carries his weight naturally with speed.

I do question Mingo football temperament though. Not sure he has the hunger and the warrior.

I agree with some of your points but his 38 total tackles and 4.5 sacks last year don't really stand out. I have seen A LOT of him and he screams Maybin to me. He can carry weight a little easier but he can't get off blocks so he might as well keep it off to beat guys with his speed.

Bjoern Werner. FSU defensive ends suck in the NFL other then Boulware. See Andre Wadsworth, Jamal Reynolds and Reinard Wilson I'm on record as saying Braylon Edwards would be a bust in 2005. Maybe not a bust, but has not come close to living up to what the #3 pick in a draft should be.

Bjoern Werner. FSU defensive ends suck in the NFL other then Boulware. See Andre Wadsworth, Jamal Reynolds and Reinard Wilson I'm on record as saying Braylon Edwards would be a bust in 2005. Maybe not a bust, but has not come close to living up to what the #3 pick in a draft should be.

Can't speak to Werner but having watched some videotape of Tank Carradine, there's one FSU pass rusher who's gonna be awesome IMO.

EJ Manuel

Barkevious Mingo

Ziggy Ansah

Geno Smith

Matt Barkley

Dion Jordan

Well seeing as you're a Gator fan, care to comment on my opinion of Sharrif Floyd?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Geno Smith - trouble with progressions and misses open receivers.

Barkevious Mingo - extremely athletic but plays too high,cannot set the edge, and seems a little light for his frame. He may add weight and he may be coached up, but I still think he ends up being a bust.

Lane Johnson - there is something about this guy that screams Robert Gallery to me

Edited by H2o