Tweets from Bills practice = AWESOME!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm offended that he called me and other optimists "fools" up until the Jets loss...as if I have suddenly seen the light. Newsflash Flea: I am still a fool (when it comes to my team and for thinking my dog will one day learn to fetch my slippers)

Yup. Being a fan of a team is a completely voluntary exercise--it's as painful or as joyful as you care to make it. Ironically, the more the latter, the more the former. But still, i'm baffled when people treat optimism for your favorite sports team as some kind of deficiency. It's not like we're wishing cancer away or staring at the phone waiting for somebody to call and offer us a million dollars.

No.

There's virtually nothing at stake, because we're the ones who create the stakes. If you gotta hate, what's the point?

I'm all for optimism.

But this same thing happens with every new regime. Their new message and the changes they make are fresh and it brainwashes everyone for a period of time to thinking things will be different.

As the offseason goes on, the optimism grows.

Then were usually let down. Hopefully this time things really are different.

He's not, this is just an outlet to vent his depression.

Seriously. We have real-life problems to worry about. The Bills are one of the loves of my life, but you gotta keep it in perspective. Sports is entertainment meant for enjoyment. Why come on a fan board just to b&tch??

Enthusiasm and positive attitude is what this team really needs. As long as they are trying hard, the fans will be there. It will take time to get all the missing pieces, and learn a new system.

Kind of ironic. I think the banner at the practice facility says "Don't let Effort be confused with Achievement" or something like that.

Thank Christ somebody had the bravery to post this.

"Brave" to be a contrarian on a sports message board from an anonymous account? Get over yourself. Ohhh...some people made a few comments about the first practice. How dare they! Those fools! Drinking the Kool-Aid already! Good Lord.

I'm all for optimism.

But this same thing happens with every new regime. Their new message and the changes they make are fresh and it brainwashes everyone for a period of time to thinking things will be different.

As the offseason goes on, the optimism grows.

Then were usually let down. Hopefully this time things really are different.

Not to nitpick but by its very definition, things will be "different" with a new regime. Better? Who knows. But they will be different.

Edited by RkFast

"Brave" to be a contrarian on a sports message board from an anonymous account? Get over yourself. Ohhh...some people made a few comments about the first practice. How dare they! Those fools! Drinking the Kool-Aid already! Good Lord.

It was sarcasm, bub.

Also--Mario: "It's extremely different. I don't even know what position i play...I'm lining up everywhere but safety."

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Mario_Williams_on_Minicamp_Practices/6af24fec-787f-479e-9961-443abb220c33#nogo

It's really stunning to me that rather than be hopeful, people just revel in being !@#$ing miserable. I've been a Bills fan longer than most of the posters here have been alive yet every year, I try to be hopeful at the start of a new season. How ****ty is your life if you can't find anything positive?

Yes, it's meaningless. Yes it doesn't matter till we win some games but can't we just take a little !@#$ing joy in some positive news?

understood, but the fact is this team is bad, in fact they probably got worse over the off season with new college coaches, new college coach offensive schemes, WRs all cut, best O lineman sent away, no TE, no QB that's any better than Fitz. The draft had better be awesome, cause this looks like one ugly rebuilding/retrenching/learn-the-new-system, rookies-all-over-the-place year with maybe 4 or 5 wins max. sorry, but with this franchise there is very little to be optimistic about for this coming season. They basically blew it all up and are starting over. Hard to get excited about the third flat out start from scratch rebuilding process in 10 years.

It takes true bravery to point out that the Bills sucked in the last few years when the team sucked in the last few years, and nothing matters unless you win regular season games? The board's biggest idiot and homer (there are so many to choose from I didn't want to leave anyone out by naming him) could have told you that.

hey, i resemble that remark!

understood, but the fact is this team is bad, in fact they probably got worse over the off season with new college coaches, new college coach offensive schemes, WRs all cut, best O lineman sent away, no TE, no QB that's any better than Fitz. The draft had better be awesome, cause this looks like one ugly rebuilding/retrenching/learn-the-new-system, rookies-all-over-the-place year with maybe 4 or 5 wins max. sorry, but with this franchise there is very little to be optimistic about for this coming season. They basically blew it all up and are starting over. Hard to get excited about the third flat out start from scratch rebuilding process in 10 years.

or you could look at it as the bills have come to understand that what they were doing wasn't working and are now going in a different direction. everyone here has a clean slate and if people want to try to find positives in this, then that's not a bad thing. i am enthusiasticly optimistic about this new staff and i can't wait to see what this team is going to look like. am i not expecting the superbowl but i am hopeful to see some vision and direction. and yes, i do know the saying about "wishing in one hand". :nana:

You must be a real pleasant guy. Hey doc, don't get excited or have any hope with that surgery, you know the girl is dead already. Hey kid, you've failed the last four tests, you have no hope to get better until you actually ace one.

Sorry I don't sugar coat things. I tell it as it is. You guys have called me as being a "pessimist" for awhile now. Last year it was the same thing. I see this team the way it really is and it's far from being a playoff team.

You guys can live in your own lil dream world though and think we're improving. As far as I'm considered we have another mediocre team. 7-9 season, here we come! We'll be drafting around the 9-13 spot next year too.

Sorry I don't sugar coat things. I tell it as it is. You guys have called me as being a "pessimist" for awhile now. Last year it was the same thing. I see this team the way it really is and it's far from being a playoff team.

You guys can live in your own lil dream world though and think we're improving. As far as I'm considered we have another mediocre team. 7-9 season, here we come! We'll be drafting around the 9-13 spot next year too.

All of that is fine. You're missing the point. It's obvious this team has a lot of holes and a lot to prove. I don't think the biggest optimist and biggest homer here would tell you differently. But to just come out of your dark den when someone sees some little thing that excites them and, in effect, say nothing in the world matters until you prove it on the field in September seven months from now is annoying and pointless. If nothing matters to you until then, and that's fine, stay away until then, because all you're going to do is B word and moan. There is nothing that could possibly please you.

Jonah Javad@JonahJavad 1h

#Bills coach Doug Marrone (wearing a backwards visor) playing center for some QB drills. Welcome to mini camp.

#Bills Off. Coordinator Nate Hackett hasn't stopped smiling. One of the youngest OC's in the NFL (33) & his enthusiasm is infectious.

#Bills LB Nigel Bradham is flying. Quick change of direction & tremendous acceleration. Ball skills still need work but wow, he looks good.

#Bills Tarvaris Jackson w/ laser to Brad Smith across middle. Splits two defenders for TD. I know it's mini camp but that one had mustard.

Thanks for the post. Realistically, I'm not expecting much from the Bills this year. But it's Spring and time to dream! It's good here some optimism from camp.

Great. We look awesome in practice. Doesn't mean anything if we can't transition that onto Sundays. I won't get excited about anything til I see something on Week 1.

I remember a lot of fools here were giddy during OTAs and minicamp, then we got CRUSHED by Sanchez and the Jets. We made Sanchez look like Drew Brees out there. All this excitement doesn't mean squat until they produce in reg. season.

So, in other words...all good news is bad news...everything and everyone sucks...life sucks...at least until proven otherwise. Got it.

hey, i resemble that remark!

or you could look at it as the bills have come to understand that what they were doing wasn't working and are now going in a different direction. everyone here has a clean slate and if people want to try to find positives in this, then that's not a bad thing. i am enthusiasticly optimistic about this new staff and i can't wait to see what this team is going to look like. am i not expecting the superbowl but i am hopeful to see some vision and direction. and yes, i do know the saying about "wishing in one hand". :nana:

We aren't "starting from scratch". We have a pro bowl RB, FS, DE/OLB, DT and young possible pro bowlers at C, WR, LT, CB. Our talent level isn't THAT bad overall. We need WRs, 1 or 2 LBs and a LG to go along with a good QB. Our new coaching staff will improve our defense 10 fold. The new attitude from coach Marrone should be infectious.