First round trade down seems likely.

I've been saying this for a long time now because it only makes sense. The Bills will likely trade down in R1 (depending upon who is selected in from of them ........... or to look at another way......who will be left over that they still like to fill a big need). Nix's comments in a recent article seem to indicate (if you read between the lines) that that is exactly his intention (as long as he can find a willing partner).

That's mainly because of two fairly obvious reasons:

1. The Bills only have 6 draft picks for this draft so they know that they can't fill all of their needs with just those picks and also don't have much room to manuever in this draft with so few picks. Trading down seems like almost their only option to obtain more picks and still obtain at least one top notch player in R1.

2. The Bills don't likely believe that selecting a QB at #8 is a viable option. They know that they desperately need a young QB to develop and to give the franchise some real hope, but selecting one at #8 would be a big reach, which they simply can't afford to do. Trading down allows the Bills to keep a R1 pick (to select a player at a need position other than QB) and then obtain more picks (possibly an additional R2 pick) to either use directly on a QB or to use to trade up to select a QB.

Don't discount the notion of the Bills trading down more than once in R1. There are teams who draft right behind the Bills who have big needs to fill along the O-line and D-line (which happen to not be big needs for the Bills) and that could mean that Nix would have the opportunity to trade down a few times in R1 if he so chooses.

I think trading down is the best possible solution for the Bills in this draft given their many needs, having so few draft picks, and knowing that they need to select a QB by R2 if they hope to obtain a QB who could compete for a starting spot as early as this year. Whom they actually select at QB will be very interesting to see. The favorites seem to be Barkley and Nassib, but Nix may fool everyone and select Manuel instead. My hope is that the Bills are able to manuever well enough to obtain at least one of the three.

Your thoughts.

The Bills would love to, but need trading partner. The keys to the Bills trading down are: Lane Johnson, Tavon Austin and Dee Milliner. Other than those 3, who would anyone trade up for?

After hearing Buddy this week, I'm leaning on him taking a QB at 8.

The Bills would love to, but need trading partner. The keys to the Bills trading down are: Lane Johnson, Tavon Austin and Dee Milliner. Other than those 3, who would anyone trade up for?

Mostly agree. Trading down might make sense to the Bills but trading up needs to make sense to someone else. Most draft gurus seem to think the top of the draft class just isn't that special this year. So, generally speaking, teams won't offer a lot to trade up. We need to hope some GM has his heart set on someone still available at #8.

Mostly agree. Trading down might make sense to the Bills but trading up needs to make sense to someone else. Most draft gurus seem to think the top of the draft class just isn't that special this year. So, generally speaking, teams won't offer a lot to trade up. We need to hope some GM has his heart set on someone still available at #8.

The most frustration thing will be if Buddy hands in his card with 7 minutes left on the clock.

I've been saying this for a long time now because it only makes sense. The Bills will likely trade down in R1 (depending upon who is selected in from of them ........... or to look at another way......who will be left over that they still like to fill a big need). Nix's comments in a recent article seem to indicate (if you read between the lines) that that is exactly his intention (as long as he can find a willing partner).

That's mainly because of two fairly obvious reasons:

1. The Bills only have 6 draft picks for this draft so they know that they can't fill all of their needs with just those picks and also don't have much room to manuever in this draft with so few picks. Trading down seems like almost their only option to obtain more picks and still obtain at least one top notch player in R1.

2. The Bills don't likely believe that selecting a QB at #8 is a viable option. They know that they desperately need a young QB to develop and to give the franchise some real hope, but selecting one at #8 would be a big reach, which they simply can't afford to do. Trading down allows the Bills to keep a R1 pick (to select a player at a need position other than QB) and then obtain more picks (possibly an additional R2 pick) to either use directly on a QB or to use to trade up to select a QB.

Don't discount the notion of the Bills trading down more than once in R1. There are teams who draft right behind the Bills who have big needs to fill along the O-line and D-line (which happen to not be big needs for the Bills) and that could mean that Nix would have the opportunity to trade down a few times in R1 if he so chooses.

I think trading down is the best possible solution for the Bills in this draft given their many needs, having so few draft picks, and knowing that they need to select a QB by R2 if they hope to obtain a QB who could compete for a starting spot as early as this year. Whom they actually select at QB will be very interesting to see. The favorites seem to be Barkley and Nassib, but Nix may fool everyone and select Manuel instead. My hope is that the Bills are able to manuever well enough to obtain at least one of the three.

Your thoughts.

My Thoughts. Won't Happen

Bills Take a QB @8. Bank on it!!!!

Fisher if he falls (unlikely) or maybe Star Lotulelei? I really hope Minnesota falls in love with Tavon Austin as a replacement for Harvin, their two picks near the end of the 1st would be perfect - we could grab our QB and another stud like Eifert or Ogletree.

If a partner can be found, then I think it's the opitmal play this year . I was thinking this morning that there wasn't one player they could pick at 8 that would generate excitement...

Well spoken, I totally agree.

The most frustration thing will be if Buddy hands in his card with 7 minutes left on the clock.

Omg, I never thought of that possibility. What a freaking nightmare that would be! If he were to be idiotic enough to do that than I hope that he gets fired immediately! Btw, thanks for ruining my day.

I hate to even write this because other teams could be lurking, but why would the Bills take a QB at #8 when they could easily get Nassib/Barkley/Manuel either late in R1 or early in R2??

I don't think the Bills have interest in QB G. Smith, but I do think they really like Barkley and Nassib and maybe even Manuel.

Keep in mind that a lot of what Nix is saying now and will continue to say about drafting certain positions or players this year is a smokescreen. He knows who he wants and needs, but he's not going to tell us..........nor should he.

WR T. Austin has skyrocketed up the draft boards and may now be a top 8-10 pick that teams may really covet. If he's still available at #8 I think Nix will get several calls to trade down.............and that could be the best thing that could happen for us overall.

Well spoken, I totally agree.

Omg, I never thought of that possibility. What a freaking nightmare that would be! If he were to be idiotic enough to do that than I hope that he gets fired immediately! Btw, thanks for ruining my day.

I did say "if".......

I hate to even write this because other teams could be lurking, but why would the Bills take a QB at #8 when they could easily get Nassib/Barkley/Manuel either late in R1 or early in R2??

I don't think the Bills have interest in QB G. Smith, but I do think they really like Barkley and Nassib and maybe even Manuel.

Keep in mind that a lot of what Nix is saying now and will continue to say about drafting certain positions or players this year is a smokescreen. He knows who he wants and needs, but he's not going to tell us..........nor should he.

WR T. Austin has skyrocketed up the draft boards and may now be a top 8-10 pick that teams may really covet. If he's still available at #8 I think Nix will get several calls to trade down.............and that could be the best thing that could happen for us overall.

Why draft a QB at 8? Because there's a chance the guy you like most won't be there you pick again. If they like all 3 equally, a trade down makes sense. If they love one guy, you better take him. Whether or not that guy turns out to be the best, who knows? Letting the league dictate who your starting QB will be could be a major blunder if the guy they wanted is gone when they pick next. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of trading down but I wouldn't hate on them for taking their QB at 8, especially if they aren't high on the other QBs.

Keep in mind that a couple of years ago Kolb was considered one of the hottest QBs. If the Bills truly believe he isready to live up to those expectations - which I think they do - then in their mind there is far less pressure to pick one at 8. They might now feel more comfortable about trading down if they feel one of their preferred QBs will still be there later on.

how about we make the trade with TB, then turn around and trade that #13 to ATL for their #30 slot...what could that get us?? I can dream can't I?

Tampa at 13 will want to move up for a WR or CB... Only dropping 5 picks while also picking up an extra mid round pick or two would be amazing! Two starters for the price of one