Marathon Bombing and the Media

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just proves it's the government behind the bombing. They're trying to hide the true story of the poison letter, it was perfume from Baracks secret lover, that's why a couple weeks ago, Michelle refered to herself as a single mother. They're seperated and will divorce after his term is up. You can find Michelles Match.com profile by searching for the username HotFLOTUS.

Terror Attack Ratings Prove Fox Is Now 'The Most Trusted Name In News'

While CNN is beating MSNBC this week, Fox is now crushing both; and doing so during the seismic news event involving the first successful terrorist attack directed at civilians on American soil since 2001. This kind of story used to be CNN's bread and butter.

No more.

CNN has to share the lefty audience with so many other networks. Fox has a near monopoly on the right leaning audience. For years I've been thinking that some other network would wise-up and change their reporting to more balanced reporting simply because it would be good for business. Apparently not. Apparently ideology for NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC and others trumps both fairness and the opportunity to increase viewership and revenue.

CNN has to share the lefty audience with so many other networks. Fox has a near monopoly on the right leaning audience. For years I've been thinking that some other network would wise-up and change their reporting to more balanced reporting simply because it would be good for business. Apparently not. Apparently ideology for NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC and others trumps both fairness and the opportunity to increase viewership and revenue.

That's funny, considering that Fox News was explicitly established for ideological purposes, and by your own statement crushed the other networks because of it.

That's funny, considering that Fox News was explicitly established for ideological purposes, and by your own statement crushed the other networks because of it.

Not saying you're wrong here Tom, but do you have a link or something to back up your claim?

Not saying you're wrong here Tom, but do you have a link or something to back up your claim?

No. But they're probably not tough to find, as I've heard more than a few interviews with Murdoch where he's said that was his intent.

all you need do is watch PBS. viewership and revenue are secondary. quality trumps quantity almost every time. Wanna see real experts on opposite sides weigh in? wanna see international stories from international reporters? wanna see almost daily coverage from legal experts on supreme court cases? pretty faces? well, in that case stick with the networks you cited.

all you need do is watch PBS. viewership and revenue are secondary. quality trumps quantity almost every time. Wanna see real experts on opposite sides weigh in? wanna see international stories from international reporters? wanna see almost daily coverage from legal experts on supreme court cases? pretty faces? well, in that case stick with the networks you cited.

Laughable.

PBS backs big government across the board, because without it they don't exist.

End of story.

That just proves it's the government behind the bombing. They're trying to hide the true story of the poison letter, it was perfume from Baracks secret lover, that's why a couple weeks ago, Michelle refered to herself as a single mother. They're seperated and will divorce after his term is up. You can find Michelles Match.com profile by searching for the username HotFLOTUS.

Ugh! I searched under HotFLATUS.

Damn you, autocorrect!

No. But they're probably not tough to find, as I've heard more than a few interviews with Murdoch where he's said that was his intent.

I'm sure this is true, but the other ones are lefty. So if you assume 50% of the population is lefty/righty then Fox will dominate. That's good business. If another network swung all the way right then they would take share from Fox.

The question is what would happen if a news source decided to just report news and not spin it. They could give just facts on stories. If they interview a righty or lefty, they could identify them and not offer comments. They could also refer to Obama as a professor commie because he is one and they could call John McCain an idiot, John Boehner a loser crybaby and Harry Reid a senile douche. All of these things are undeniably true and totally unbiased but the network would fail because nobody wants the truth, they want things their way only.

I'm sure this is true, but the other ones are lefty. So if you assume 50% of the population is lefty/righty then Fox will dominate. That's good business. If another network swung all the way right then they would take share from Fox.

The question is what would happen if a news source decided to just report news and not spin it. They could give just facts on stories. If they interview a righty or lefty, they could identify them and not offer comments. They could also refer to Obama as a professor commie because he is one and they could call John McCain an idiot, John Boehner a loser crybaby and Harry Reid a senile douche. All of these things are undeniably true and totally unbiased but the network would fail because nobody wants the truth, they want things their way only.

Exactly - that's why I watch Univision news. I have no idea what they're saying but by looking at the pictures I can gleen important world events....and the weather girls are much hotter than Al Roker.

Edited by BringBackFergy

No Joke

This is the top item on the Czech Republic’s U.S. embassy website:

As many I was deeply shocked by the tragedy that occurred in Boston earlier this month. It was a stark reminder of the fact that any of us could be a victim of senseless violence anywhere at any moment.

As more information on the origin of the alleged perpetrators is coming to light, I am concerned to note in the social media a most unfortunate misunderstanding in this respect. The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities – the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation.

As the President of the Czech Republic Miloš Zeman noted in his message to President Obama, the Czech Republic is an active and reliable partner of the United States in the fight against terrorism. We are determined to stand side by side with our allies in this respect, there is no doubt about that.

Petr Gandalovič

Ambassador of the Czech Republic

For those Same, Peaceful, posters, I had better explain...........Czechs and Chechens are different.

Edited by B-Man

Might be. From both a business and news perspective that would have been a good move. Certainly the majority of networks go out of their way to protect and support the liberal agenda. My point was this approach is both bad for their business and bad journalism. We simply live in an age where you have to look at multiple sources to get any broad view of what's going on an you have to be aware of the slant from which it's being delivered. Fox doesn't have to share their audience with the others which is why they have the best market share.

Might be. From both a business and news perspective that would have been a good move. Certainly the majority of networks go out of their way to protect and support the liberal agenda. My point was this approach is both bad for their business and bad journalism. We simply live in an age where you have to look at multiple sources to get any broad view of what's going on an you have to be aware of the slant from which it's being delivered. Fox doesn't have to share their audience with the others which is why they have the best market share.

Well they also have some good panelists, liberal and conservative so when I watch special report at 6, I don't feel like i'm listening to a conversation from DIN and Daveinelma. If you watch Hannity, you know what you're getting... garbage.