• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you don't already have a franchise QB, you don't pass one up."

-Jacksonville in 2011

-NY Jets in 2009

-Cincinnati in 1999

Question is.... is there a franchis QB in this draft?

Question is.... is there a franchis QB in this draft?

Depends. Is there someone who may develop into or even happen upon the scene (ala Kaepernick or Wilson)? Perhaps. Is there a, "You'd be foolish to pass 'em up in the first round" type like Griffin and Luck last year? I don't believe there is.

Nix and company have put so much work on this QB class.

Everything being said tells me it will be a QB at 8.

I think Barkley is their guy

Don't be too sure, EJ Manuel said "I feel really good about the Eagles & The Buffalo Bills" on the Dan Patrick Show.

Edited by 1billsfan

Hmm,... Nix shouldn't have said that... it basically locks him into drafting a QB w/ the 8th pick. If there are 2-3 Franchise guys, he better pick one of them before someone else does. This is the kind of comment that will be on his Buffalo epitaph if he doesn't get one...

What did you expect him to say... "we don't feel there are any Franchise QBs in this draft"... He also wouldn't be wise to say there is only 1... when he sits at the 8th overall pick.

Regardless I don't have any faith in Nix and I feel he should have been fired along with Gailey. Truth is no one knows which one of these guys is going to be a "Franchise" guy.

Last year. Of course, Nix didn't really say franchise quarterbacks let alone "real" franchise quarterbacks.

Franchise? After one year? Remember when Mark Sanchez was the Jets' franchise?

PTR

Last year. Of course, Nix didn't really say franchise quarterbacks let alone "real" franchise quarterbacks.

PTR

PTR

PTR

No. Because he never was. He never even played well. Ever. Some ill informed homers may have called him that or hoped for it but he has never been good. If you don't think Luck, RGIII and Russell Wilson barring injury are not franchise quarterbacks you have no idea what one is.

And again, nix didn't say that. He said long time starters.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Smoke and mirrors. I don't believe we go QB @ #8.

I disagree completely. I think it is almost a 100% guarantee that the Bills select a QB at 8.

Nix and company have put so much work on this QB class.

Everything being said tells me it will be a QB at 8.

I think Barkley is their guy

I'm curious to know why you think Barkley is their guy??? I like Barkley, but I haven't seen much linking him to Buffalo.

I disagree completely. I think it is almost a 100% guarantee that the Bills select a QB at 8.

I think it is almost a 100% guarantee that may not be true. ;)

Put it this way: If the Bills have only one QB who is rated in the top 15 overall, which is quite possible, and that QB is gone at #8, which is also quite possible, and they have 2-3 players at positions of need in their top 5-8 overall who are still available at #8, I would bet anything they take one of those 2-3 guys and not the QB.

The only exception to that rule, IMO, if the two players, rated 5-8 overall, are available at #8 in a position of need happen to be Womack and Cooper, the guards. I highly doubt we take an OG. But I also highly doubt that both Womack and Cooper are in the top 10 on our board. They may be worthy of it and would be on other boards, I just don't think Buddy rates OGs that highly.