Eugene Cyril "Geno" Smith III - QB - West Virginia

LOL. This makes sense. So should ANYONE draft Geno b/c he lost to Marrone? So what you're saying is that he's undraftable. Gotcha.

Actually, b/c Nassib beat Geno, Nassib is clearly > than Geno. Yes, that must be it.

Didn't you know it was Nassib himself who beat Geno. Obviously. NO one else on the Syracuse team contributed to the win. Further more no one on WV contributed to the loss, certainly not the defense.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geno Smith situational analytics say he does well at all facets of the game. he starts fast and ends strong in games .Plays well when ahead or behind is efficient in 3rd and long and is dynamite in the red zone.

http://www.cfbstats....ituational.html

Combine shows he more athletic then seen, and WVU did not run options and did not want their QB to run.

WVU had the one of the worst Defenses in college. Hell UB ranked higher

Edited by Snorom

Lets see how he does when he has players rushing him

CBF

He did pretty good considering he had one of the worst OLines I've seen in college ball in a while. It was a jail break by the Dline on every pass play it seemed. And yet, he hung in there with his eyes down field trying to make something happen more times than not.

GO BILLS!!!

Didn't you know it was Nassib himself who beat Geno. Obviously. NO one else on the Syracuse team contributed to the win. Further more no one on WV contributed to the loss, certainly not the defense.

i heard the game was settled Over the top style............Nassib beat Geno while armwrestling on a pinball machine.

nice post Snorom.....everything you say is what i think as well

Geno went 19-28, 201yds, 2TD, 0INT in that game w/ a 151 rating. Marrone sure "stopped" him dead in his tracks.

The only reason you think Geno was stopped is b/c you're used to seeing Geno put up 400yds 4TDs every other game.

What were Ryan Nassib's numbers that same game?

11-23, 130yds, 2TD, 1INT, w/ a 115 rating.

This has been pointed out before, but the Fitz contract was not "huge". Made him the 19th highest paid QB in the league - right about where he performed unfortunately. I am sure Gailey and Nix were expecting more. Starting QB's are expensive. He was the starter and was locked up before free agency. It did not work out and he is now gone.

Fitz's contract is what made it far easier to release him. He was paid exactly as he should have been: a middling QB in the NFL. His contract never came close to hamstringing us. Look at Sam Bradford's contract for a definition of one that does.

GO BILLS!!!

Geno went 19-28, 201yds, 2TD, 0INT in that game w/ a 151 rating. Marrone sure "stopped" him dead in his tracks.

The only reason you think Geno was stopped is b/c you're used to seeing Geno put up 400yds 4TDs every other game.

What were Ryan Nassib's numbers that same game?

11-23, 130yds, 2TD, 1INT, w/ a 115 rating.

Hey I'm right there with you, I was laying the sarcasm on pretty thick...

At one point last year Geno threw 24 TD's in a row without an INT. Sit down and think about those numbers for a second. I don't care WHAT SYSTEM you play in with fancy WR that have rockets up their ass, you don't put up those numbers with luck or by "never" properly setting your feet in a 7 step drop. What a joke. Laughable.

What do they have to do with Geno Smith?

Other than being black i dunno.

Maybe if Geno looked more like Matt Barkley he'd get more hype. I'm white, but I feel that black QB's still get lupped into 2 categories: RGIII (charismatic, great guy) or Jamarcus Russell (lazy and dumb)...there's no middle ground.

Geno may not be RGIII, but he's no freaking Russell either.

Edited by bobobonators

At one point last year Geno threw 24 TD's in a row without an INT. Sit down and think about those numbers for a second. I don't care WHAT SYSTEM you play in with fancy WR that have rockets up their ass, you don't put up those numbers with luck or by "never" properly setting your feet in a 7 step drop. What a joke. Laughable.

Other than being black i dunno.

Maybe if Geno looked more like Matt Barkley he'd get more hype. I'm white, but I feel that black QB's still get lupped into 2 categories: RGIII (charismatic, great guy) or Jamarcus Russell (lazy and dumb)...there's no middle ground.

Geno may not be RGIII, but he's no freaking Russell either.

It really is a pet peeve of mine. No one knows how any of these QB's are going to turn out. Just because QB A Didnt work out does not in any qay mean QB B is not going to regardless of similar stats, combines, pro days.

Sabres prospect Grigorenko said it best when asked "Do you want to be the next Evgeni Malkin" He replied "No, I want to be Grigorenko"

No Geno. His leadership ability is a ? Trade for Vick this year and keep 8th for a LB. In the next 4 or 5 years we can get a QB and be happy when the 7 years are up and were outa here.

Total BS. Actually, he's known for his excellent leadership ability.

I'm not saying you don't draft him, but as much as I am impressed by 24 TDs v. 0 INTs in his first 5 games, he did play against Marshall, James Madison, Maryland, Baylor and Texas. Some bad defenses in there and maybe 1 NFL defender coming from those teams. And...He followed up by getting bottled up pretty well against Texas Tech and Kansas State.

I wouldn't draft Geno Smith any more based on those 5 games than I would give a QB a huge contract extension based on a good 5 game stretch.

Full on tank mode. Bring in Tebow. One year, league minimum. Draft a QB #1 or #2 overall in 2014. Trading picks to draft Geno Smith is just exactly something Buddy would do. That's why they are where they are. Moves like that are why the Bills are a continual joke. Draft a LB at #8. Take a WR and QB in the 2nd and 3rd. It doesn't matter what QB you draft in the 3rd round. You take a shot there, not at #3 or #8 in the first round, knowing full well Manzell, McCarron, Thomas, Murray and Mettenburger are first round prospects in 2014.

I agree. I much perfer to do what is in my mock below, or take Smith at #8 (given the depth at other positions). If another team grabs him, oh well, we get a better LB, OL, etc. and still get a good QB in my opinion in the 2nd round. Then trade up to #1-3 next year to get Manzel/Bridgewater.

I'm not saying you don't draft him, but as much as I am impressed by 24 TDs v. 0 INTs in his first 5 games, he did play against Marshall, James Madison, Maryland, Baylor and Texas. Some bad defenses in there and maybe 1 NFL defender coming from those teams. And...He followed up by getting bottled up pretty well against Texas Tech and Kansas State.

I wouldn't draft Geno Smith any more based on those 5 games than I would give a QB a huge contract extension based on a good 5 game stretch.

Very good points. And he struggled against good defenses and in "big" games, including the Pinstripe Bowl where he was outshone by Ryan Nassib.

Total BS. Actually, he's known for his excellent leadership ability.

He's actually known as somewhat quiet and reserved. While the "leading by example" is great, this team needs someone more vocal.

I agree. I much perfer to do what is in my mock below, or take Smith at #8 (given the depth at other positions). If another team grabs him, oh well, we get a better LB, OL, etc. and still get a good QB in my opinion in the 2nd round. Then trade up to #1-3 next year to get Manzel/Bridgewater.

Very good points. And he struggled against good defenses and in "big" games, including the Pinstripe Bowl where he was outshone by Ryan Nassib.

He's actually known as somewhat quiet and reserved. While the "leading by example" is great, this team needs someone more vocal.

He was outshone by Nassib? How? Did you even watch that game? Nassib's completion % was 47.8 and he threw for a whopping 130yds against one of the worst defenses in all of college football.

Syracuse had 369yds rushing that game!

Lets not re-write history. Come on people.

He was outshone by Nassib? How? Did you even watch that game? Nassib's completion % was 47.8 and he threw for a whopping 130yds against one of the worst defenses in all of college football.

Syracuse had 369yds rushing that game!

Lets not re-write history. Come on people.

Please get it right. Everyone knows that on TBD, it's common people.

Trade up to #3 if possible and take Geno Smith.

1. He has by far the most physical tools of any QB in this draft to succeed at the next level.

2. He most likely will not be there at #8.

3. The thought of having TJax starting for us next season makes me want to vomit.

4. The thought of us drafting Nassib makes me want to vomit

4a. If we draft Nassib, I think (I could be wrong) that this wouuld be the first time in NFL history where a HC, OC, and QB all come to the NFL the same season from a single college program.

4b. For no other reason than 4a, I want nothing to do with Nassib. Ya, it's a silly reason, but holy sh*t, Syracuse, though Marrone got the most out of them, didn't do much of anything in a rather weak conference, so what the heck should we expect from the same exact group in the NFL. Do we make the Syracuse Athletic Director the Bills GM next? Shoot me. :death:

There really isn't a single QB in this draft (other than Geno) that excites me in any way. We need the draft picks but I'd be willing to trade away our first 3 picks this year and take a chance (for once) on a premier QB prospect. If not this season, with a completely different regime, when?

You must be out of your mind. First of all Geno Smith is not rated that high to be the #3 pick in the draft. Secondly, the Bills need all of the draft picks that they can get as they have a roster devoid of players, not even starters anymore and, Thirdly, Geno Smith is not the answer and is no better than any of the other QB's in this draft. Landry Jones outplayed him, and has better carrer stats. Glad you aren't making decisions on draft day.....