2013 Bills NFL draft guide -- Mel Kiper

johnnywo

I love how ESPN gives crappy stories for free and charges for the good ones.

On another note, numerous courts have ruled that posting an article in entirety with the purpose of education/discussion is fair use. I would bank on that being the case even in the case of so-called premium content. It is not a copyright, or as one poster said, a copy write, violation. In my mind, no more so than posting an entire tweet.

Whether it's a violation of TBD, which apparently it is, is another story.

...So now, all the post says is there is a breakdown on this story ESPN wants to charge access to? I think we're taking this copyright thing a little too far.

You meant copyrighted. There's a difference between copyright and copywrite.

Did you ever notice that overlook and oversee are almost complete opposites?

Did you ever notice that park on the driveway but you drive on the parkway?

Did you ever notice that this is a football board?

I love how ESPN gives crappy stories for free and charges for the good ones.

On another note, numerous courts have ruled that posting an article in entirety with the purpose of education/discussion is fair use. I would bank on that being the case even in the case of so-called premium content. It is not a copyright, or as one poster said, a copy write, violation. In my mind, no more so than posting an entire tweet.

Whether it's a violation of TBD, which apparently it is, is another story.

...So now, all the post says is there is a breakdown on this story ESPN wants to charge access to? I think we're taking this copyright thing a little too far.

Good post.

Thanks mods....forgive my ignorance. Won't happen again....GO BILLS!

Again, I apologize for taking the thread on such a tangent. In an attempt to bring it back full-circle let me offer this followed by a question:

In the piece they say that the Bills shouldn't reach for a QB at 8. If Geno is there ESPN believes that the Bills should only take him if they believe he is a franchise QB and not, simply, better than Kolb in the short-term. (Duh!)

Last night, Buddy told John Murphy that there were 3 "great" NFL QBs in the draft. With that knowledge, is there any way the Bills don't take one of those 3 at 8 and gamble that one of them will still be there in Rd. 2?

Buddy's drafts? Okay given his drafts has our won-loss record improved? Given his drafts, has he been able to keep the quality players over time? Given his drafts is there evidence that this is a better team than the one he took over? (This is not to say that the one he took over was all that good). Given his draft is anyone talking about us being a threat in the AFC East? We seem to picking through the dung pile for some little trinket. Nix was supposed to improve the team. He didn't.

Again, I apologize for taking the thread on such a tangent. In an attempt to bring it back full-circle let me offer this followed by a question:

In the piece they say that the Bills shouldn't reach for a QB at 8. If Geno is there ESPN believes that the Bills should only take him if they believe he is a franchise QB and not, simply, better than Kolb in the short-term. (Duh!)

Last night, Buddy told John Murphy that there were 3 "great" NFL QBs in the draft. With that knowledge, is there any way the Bills don't take one of those 3 at 8 and gamble that one of them will still be there in Rd. 2?

I don't think Geno is a franchise QB and hopefully Buddy is blowing a smoke screen to get someone to jump up to #8. At least that is what I'm hoping for. I also think no matter who is picked at #8, if Buffalo keeps it, Buddy will get slammed. I just hope its not over a QB. I would like to see EJM or Barkley in a Bills hat next weekend and think one of them will make it to the 2nd.

Not sure who it was, but watching NFL Total Access yesterday one of the guests said if Buffalo does not take a Geno at 8, it is likely all QB's slip into the early 2nd.

Cheers!

Edited by johnnywo

Well this sucks.

I click this thread hoping to read about the draft and instead get directed to a page where I have to pay to read the article.

If no one can post the article and give proper credit to the site and author then maybe this thread should just be deleted since I have no idea what people are talking about for those who have read the article.

CBF

I was just parotting an earlier post.

Well this sucks.

I click this thread hoping to read about the draft and instead get directed to a page where I have to pay to read the article.

If no one can post the article and give proper credit to the site and author then maybe this thread should just be deleted since I have no idea what people are talking about for those who have read the article.

CBF

This^

I don't think Geno is a franchise QB and hopefully Buddy is blowing a smoke screen to get someone to jump up to #8. At least that is what I'm hoping for. I also think no matter who is picked at #8, if Buffalo keeps it, Buddy will get slammed. I just hope its not over a QB. I would like to see EJM or Barkley in a Bills hat next weekend and think one of them will make it to the 2nd.

They may make it to the 2nd, but they won't make it to the Bills' pick.

Also did you ever notice that you walk on a sidewalk but you side… oh wait.

That doesn't work. Never mind.

Well this is the first I heard of this. Thanks.

This sounds like it must be the interview:

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/audio/Buddy_Nix_Comments_on_Byrd_Kolb_and_Draft/5b9ddb59-4150-4f0a-8f5a-7af14854152a