Is Your Pet Weird?

ajzepp

I know a lot of us love our pets and enjoy showing them off, so I thought I'd see if anyone has a little friend who is a bit...well...weird.

I've raised dogs all my life, and along the way I've certainly had a few with a bit more personality than others. After one of my dogs of nearly 17 years passed away in February of last year, my roommate, a very good friend of mine, thought it would be fun if she got a dog and I helped her out. Well, to my surprise, she brought home a really little, 8 week old cockapoo named Teddy. Over the last 9 or 10 months, he's proved to be maybe the smartest, most personable dog I've ever had.

As it turns out, one of his favorite things to do is watch tv. He'll often respond to things on tv here and there - he REALLY doesn't like it when people on tv start fighting - but we found out that he actually has a favorite show. It's called "Too Cute" and you can find it on Animal Planet. His favorite episode was the one with the Himalayan kittens, and he literally sat at the end of the bed watching the entire show, about 24 mins in all. When the commercial would come on, he'd stop watching for a few, but as soon as I fast-forwarded to the show again and waived my hand in the direction of the tv, he would take his spot and continue watching.

Here is a pic I took of him during his show...

post-3858-0-45227500-1365927561_thumb.jpg

What sort of odd behaviors/quirks do your pets have?

I'm with Jim here. I don't think I've ever heard of a dog that actually watched the teevee. Reacted to sounds from it, yeah, but not watched the screen.

On balance, I suppose my dog doesn't really do anything that other dogs don't do. Just, he does them in spades. As my father says, "He's 500 m.p.h. down a dead end road!" When he starts slowing down with age, it'll be a welcome respite, but I don't think that's going to happen for another 10 years.... Very vocal, high-energy, curious.

Maybe the only weird thing about him is that he likes being towel-dried WAAAAAY more than he ought to.

My dog will sit at the edge of the couch and stare at the door for hours when I leave. Waiting for my return. At least my fiancé tells me she does.

She also needs scare tactics to eat. She won't just eat her food, you have to run over to the kitchen and tell her that your gonna get it. At that point she will hover over her bowl and defend her food until you leave, then she will eat it.

Oh, and when she eats it, she will take a mouthful of food, bring it into the living room, place the pieces in the carpet, get down into pouncing position, bark and nip at it as she runs around it, jumps around it. She'll do that 1-3 times, then gets tired of it and just finish the rest right from her bowl in the kitchen.

My dog loves football.

Every Sunday morning, she will find her Bills bandanna and carry to me so i can put it on her. Then, whenever i say,"its time for some buffalo football," she'll come run in my room and watch the game with me.

When i play a backyard game, the first time the ball touches the ground, she'll pick it up by the laces with her mouth and run to one of the "end-zones". When she gets there, she'll toss the ball the behind her, something i often do whenever i score. Then she looks at us and jogs to her spot under the tree and will watch us. Guess she feels like she's set the bar for the game or something.

Edited by Teen Insight

I know a lot of us love our pets and enjoy showing them off, so I thought I'd see if anyone has a little friend who is a bit...well...weird.

I've raised dogs all my life, and along the way I've certainly had a few with a bit more personality than others. After one of my dogs of nearly 17 years passed away in February of last year, my roommate, a very good friend of mine, thought it would be fun if she got a dog and I helped her out. Well, to my surprise, she brought home a really little, 8 week old cockapoo named Teddy. Over the last 9 or 10 months, he's proved to be maybe the smartest, most personable dog I've ever had.

As it turns out, one of his favorite things to do is watch tv. He'll often respond to things on tv here and there - he REALLY doesn't like it when people on tv start fighting - but we found out that he actually has a favorite show. It's called "Too Cute" and you can find it on Animal Planet. His favorite episode was the one with the Himalayan kittens, and he literally sat at the end of the bed watching the entire show, about 24 mins in all. When the commercial would come on, he'd stop watching for a few, but as soon as I fast-forwarded to the show again and waived my hand in the direction of the tv, he would take his spot and continue watching.

Here is a pic I took of him during his show...

post-3858-0-45227500-1365927561_thumb.jpg

What sort of odd behaviors/quirks do your pets have?

Only a picture? What about doing a web show on this?

BTW, does your dog watch your web show?

My grandpa had a dog that would carry things. If you picked up fire wood, she would pick it up and walk with you. She learned to "go get the paper" all by herself and bring it to the door. She wouldn't play fetch or such games. She just worked, she'd get you firewood if you told her to, as well. Usually just give her a piece of bread and she'd be happy to do anything. Never had a name, either. Just the youngest dog that came from a litter of my grandpa's oldest dog, who also didn't have a name. Just a full blooded Australian Shephard Blue Merle.

Fig Newtons, Boyst, dog, DC Tom...

Hey, wait a minute...

Our youngest cat, Shane, is about a year old. We have 3 cats and a dog. Whenever we feed the dog, Shane comes a running. It's hard food (beneful), and Shane digs in until the dog gives him the boot. Shane loves dog food. Not only that. My wife is a huge lint roller user. Shane meows the entire time she is lint rolling. He wants the paper when she rips it off. He takes it and runs downstairs to the basement. This is daily.

I have a 13 year old chihuahua who is just an old coach potato. He pays attention to every word you say and answers back with the dog version of talking.

PTR

Video with audio..please.

Our youngest cat, Shane, is about a year old. We have 3 cats and a dog. Whenever we feed the dog, Shane comes a running. It's hard food (beneful), and Shane digs in until the dog gives him the boot. Shane loves dog food. Not only that. My wife is a huge lint roller user. Shane meows the entire time she is lint rolling. He wants the paper when she rips it off. He takes it and runs downstairs to the basement. This is daily.

Funny stuff and I have a cousin named Shane.

What are the other 2's name?

Mt cat doesn't drink like normal cats do. He dips his paws in the bowl, and then licks the water off his paw. He will do this for any empty glass you leave out. He especially loves milk.

my old roommate had cats and one did this too.