Kobe Bryant: Probable achilles tear, career-ending

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than MJ IMO and wished he didn't suffer this. The guy is about the closest yiur going to get to breaking Jordan's records now days. Lebrun is good but will never be that good for that long. However, if the big 3 on Miami decides to stay together at a lower rate than they should, he could be just as dominant as Kobe or Michael.

Lakers aren't going to win a championship any tine soon, so he was likely maxed on that count.

my opinion. And he hasn't quit, played another sport, sucked at that sport, came back, quit again, came back again... Basketballs Brett Farve. It tarnished his career IMO. Wish he just woulda stayed retired the first time. I guess when you have a coke and gambling problem you need more money.

On which of his comebacks did Favre win 3 more titles? Jordan was so good he quit out of boredom. Kobe's a great player, but he couldn't carry Jordan's jock.

my opinion. And he hasn't quit, played another sport, sucked at that sport, came back, quit again, came back again... Basketballs Brett Farve. It tarnished his career IMO. Wish he just woulda stayed retired the first time. I guess when you have a coke and gambling problem you need more money.

Sounds like you dislike the man, and its skewing your evaluation of the player

He's done. I know he says he's already using it for motivation, but come on. 35 next year, in a sport that requires intense running, cutting and jumping.

He will be back in nine months....like the ray allen/grant hill/battier type he will play onto his late 30's.

He will be back in nine months....like the ray allen/grant hill/battier type he will play onto his late 30's.

None of those guys had torn Achilles at 34, and none of them were in the same league as Kobe as a player. Depends how you quantify "back", but if its a guy averaging nearly 26/game career , comes back and avgs 7, that's not "back" IMO

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

jordan quit for other reasons. Gambling was one of them. Again, my opinion, Kobe is better.

yiur probably right. I used to like him before he became his generation of Brett Farve. I know he won titles after coming back but c'mon. He sucked at baseball so he decided to be relevant again. Then to come back just to help his terrible Wizards franchise sell seats. It really annoyed me.

Good thing for Kobe being annoying in your career choices is considered worse than being a rapist. At least this way, no matter what happens now, he can retire with a clean slate.

ya, I'm sure the woman Didnt know what she was doing when she went to Kobe's room.

Kobe may be a cheating bastard but he is most likely not a rapist. But believe what you want.

Good thing you believe that anything entitles you to rape a woman

Why don't you get a daughter and see if you feel the same way

ya, I'm sure the woman Didnt know what she was doing when she went to Kobe's room.

Kobe may be a cheating bastard but he is most likely not a rapist. But believe what you want.

That's a cringe worthy post.

At the very least rethink the wording of it if you are simply asserting it was consensual and a setup. Anything else and it might be time to rethink some bigger things.

Im not going to get into the alleged rape part of this discussion as most didn't follow the trial and saw what came out of it.......there is not doubt that Kobe was guilty of adultery....as are most professional sports players at one time or another. Still doesn't make it right. That said......This is Kobe Bryant and he isn't gonna go out like that...he will be back for at least one more season.

Im not going to get into the alleged rape part of this discussion as most didn't follow the trial and saw what came out of it.......there is not doubt that Kobe was guilty of adultery....as are most professional sports players at one time or another. Still doesn't make it right. That said......This is Kobe Bryant and he isn't gonna go out like that...he will be back for at least one more season.

I would think that a guy like that, any athlete, would train like hell and try to get back to 100% or as close as he could even if he were going to retire, just so there is no lingering damage to the Achilles that could bother him or prevent him from running and playing pick-up or golf or whatever.

Way to not get into it. Most didn't care to follow the details of the evidence that were released after the prosecutions gag order was lifted. Most also didn't follow how the woman's life was destroyed until she finally couldn't continue with the trial.

I know a woman who was part of the prosecution team and had a detailed discussion of the incident and the evidence.

But hey, he's a popular athlete on the team you follow, so I'm sure it's all good.