Tebow as Fullback and Special Teams Captain

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was their something in his special teams ability last season that makes you think he's worth it?

He had one sucessful fake punt but he also gave up a blocked punt. He hasn't really shown much ability as a blocker or receiver. I just don't see it. Tebow, you either build your system around him or he's not on your roster. He isn't a part time player

Its not a far fetched idea.

Before he became the starter, Florida utilized him as a HB/FB in college on goal line plays.

He would have to adjust and learn blocking in the pro game

any reason to believe that he would be better than, say, signing a fullback?

what i really get from this thread is "i like tebow but he doesnt really have a spot.... i still want him"

The bottom line is there is no negative effect of having Tebow if you get him for dirt cheap and everybody knows he will almost never play except for a few spots as a gimmick player. He is getting closer and closer to the point where someone can have him on those terms. But he is not there yet.

Another Tebow thread...praise Jeebus! It was too long to go without Tebow!

Also, ask the Jets about their being 'no negative' of having Tebow who has time and time again, clearly, stated he has NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in playing as a halfback/gimmick player.

Edited by jeremy2020

firstly, i have to say that i was on record as saying that the bills should use their first pick in the draft that year for tebow. i felt that he would be a catalyst of positive energy for this team and a guy that would lead by example, a player and person that we could be proud to be representing the team and the community.

having said all that...sweet merciful crap, NO!

Pass...no need to have the circus in town. We will lose 2 games and people will be clamouring to move him to his "natural position". I actually like Tebow but have zero desire to have him on my team. I have a feeling that he will not be on a roster when the season starts.

The bottom line is there is no negative effect of having Tebow if you get him for dirt cheap and everybody knows he will almost never play except for a few spots as a gimmick player. He is getting closer and closer to the point where someone can have him on those terms. But he is not there yet.

False! Everywhere he goes he is a distraction. Not by his own doing mind you but by Skip Bayless and the media machine

i think Tibow will bounce around the NFL for a few years then go to Canada. From there he will play for the BC Lions, Calgary Stampers and Toronto Argos. He will then come to Buffalo get us in the playoffs two years in a row and will then be benched before a very winnable playoff game.