45 years ago, shots rang out in the Memphis sky....

The Poojer

Nice usage of the U2 lyric.

RIP Dr. King.

Good thing he didn't use the line before it:

Early morning, April 4

He was shot at dinner time. Bono later was like WTF was I thinking - I thought it was the morning for some reason!

Early morning, April 4

He was shot at dinner time. Bono later was like WTF was I thinking - I thought it was the morning for some reason!

"Early Bird Special, April 4th" doesn't have quite the same ring to it, though.

Early morning, April 4

"For some reason" must be the difference in time between Memphis and Ireland? Bono was 7 (going on 8 ) @ the time. He had to hear about it... That's got to stick in a young childs head...

Of course it was early morning April 5th for Bono... To be exact, by one minute... Seeing he was in Ireland and Dublin is 6 hours ahead of Memphis!

That must be where the confusion stemmed from? Time zones and being a young.

:P

RIP MLK

We all have to be concerned about terrorism, but you will never end terrorism by terrorizing others.--Martin Luther King III

The greatest purveyor of violence in the world today is my own government.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

The chain reaction of evil--wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have condemned any organizer of war, regardless of his rank or nationality.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nothing good ever comes of violence.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

The bombs in Vietnam explode at home; they destroy the hopes and possibilities for a decent America.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the postive affirmation of peace.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the struggle...your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

We have guided missiles and misguided men.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. --Martin Luther King, Jr.

RIP MLK

We all have to be concerned about terrorism, but you will never end terrorism by terrorizing others.--Martin Luther King III

The greatest purveyor of violence in the world today is my own government.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

The chain reaction of evil--wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have condemned any organizer of war, regardless of his rank or nationality.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nothing good ever comes of violence.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

The bombs in Vietnam explode at home; they destroy the hopes and possibilities for a decent America.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the postive affirmation of peace.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the struggle...your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

We have guided missiles and misguided men.--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. --Martin Luther King, Jr.

Amen, brother.