Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

2b. the jets are right behind us and are trying like hell to get rid of every qb on their roster, and if nassib, or any qb, is your target and you get cute and trade down and the jets get your guy...that's a kick in the marbles i don't want to take.

I'd be doing cartwheels and flips if the Jets picked Ryan Nassib at #9...LOL I'd consider those two Jet games easy wins for Buffalo every year.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the question i have is which qb is best suited for the offense the bills are going to run. i have no idea if it's nassib or not, but if it is, how much of a drop is it to the next guy or the guy after that?

Just a guess, but since the Bills HC and the Bills OC had Nassib running their offense the past few years... and fairly successfully, with little or no talent around the kid, I think he passes both the smell test and the taste test.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

I'd be doing cartwheels and flips if the Jets picked Ryan Nassib at #9...LOL I'd consider those two Jet games easy wins for Buffalo every year.

if that happens i hope you're right, i'm just theoreticizing about what-if's and could-be's. it comes down to this, if nassib is our guy, i love the pick and support him fully, if he is not, then he is the enemy and i will salivate awaiting pettine unleashing the dogs on him.

Just a guess, but since the Bills HC and the Bills OC had Nassib running their offense the past few years... and fairly successfully, with little or no talent around the kid, I think he passes both the smell test and the taste test.

then let's hope if he's wearing the red, white and blue this year he passes the eyeball test!

Here is the Bills top scout on Nassib this afternoon. The first thing he says is "Obviously, he has a strong arm..."

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Majeski-on-Nassib/b30330aa-6bcd-42ae-8a54-6f819761f652

That's not necessarily a good sign for the Nassib fans. This is prime "smoke screen" season after all.

Then watch the Barkley discussion. That screamed smoke screen to me, and I thought there were clear indicators they didn't think he was all that great a prospect, which wouldn't come across in a transcript.

You don't say "obviously he has a strong arm" as a smoke screen, btw, if you think he doesn't have a strong arm.

Then watch the Barkley discussion. That screamed smoke screen to me, and I thought there were clear indicators they didn't think he was all that great a prospect, which wouldn't come across in a transcript.

You don't say "obviously he has a strong arm" as a smoke screen, btw, if you think he doesn't have a strong arm.

Yeah, it's a smoke screen. I mean it's fairly obvious that what they are trying to do is hype up his value so that some team jumps up in front of the #8 pick to draft him in front of us.

Winning!!!!

:lol:

I read an article today where Miami's thought to think Lane Johnson is a huge drop off from the top two LTs. I call BS, I think that's a specific smokescreen to tamp down Cardinal enthusiasm for Johnson...

"Finally, if the Dolphins do try to trade up, I can almost guarantee it won't be for Johnson. Yes, he is a legitimate first-round selection. Yes, he plays a position of need. But the Fins like Joekel and Fisher much, much, much more than Johnson and have some concerns about Johnson as a left tackle."

Really?...LOL

I'd be very suspicious of what comes out of organizations. Hearing that kind of praise of his arm strength, I'd be a little nervous if I were a Nassib fan.

Edited by 1billsfan

I'd be very suspicious of what comes out of organizations. Hearing that kind of praise of his arm strength, I'd be a little nervous if I were a Nassib fan.

My profession is to parse words, especially spoken words, every single one of them. So I am very into exactly what people say and how they say it. I really don't think the scout would just flat out lie like that. That is not a smoke screen or how they do it. Of course, they are never going to say this guy has a crappy arm if they think he does, that wouldn't be diplomatic. But it would really, really surprise me if the Bills scout started out saying, "Obviously, he has a strong arm" if he didn't think Nassib had a strong arm. They would articulate in, say, the way they talked about Barkley. ;)

as far as the gruden qb class goes, we saw the edited 20 minutes plus commercials that espn put together. we have no idea what was said or done when the cameras were off or what got left on the cutting room floor. so i have to think that the reasons that gruden likes this kid are much more than what we were privy to.

and as far as the trade down scenerio, who wouldn't want more high picks in addition to getting the guy you want anyway. the problems with that i believe are twofold...

one, there is no guarantee that if you trade down the guy you want will be available when you do get to pick.

and two, if everyone and their brother are connecting the syracuse dots, then the thinking must be that if you want nassib you better hop up in front of the bills to get him. and the further down you go, the lower the cost of jumping up becomes.

2b. the jets are right behind us and are trying like hell to get rid of every qb on their roster, and if nassib, or any qb, is your target and you get cute and trade down and the jets get your guy...that's a kick in the marbles i don't want to take.

the question i have is which qb is best suited for the offense the bills are going to run. i have no idea if it's nassib or not, but if it is, how much of a drop is it to the next guy or the guy after that?

I think the risk (not getting Nassib but still getting Geno or Manuel) is worth the reward in this case. I just don't see Nassib being more valuable than one of those guys PLUS another guy

Edited by kdiggz

I think the risk (not getting Nassib but still getting Geno or Manuel) is worth the reward in this case. I just don't see Nassib being more valuable than one of those guys PLUS another guy

i completely respect your opinion and even agree with it to an extent. any other position and i say you're 100% right. but with a qb there is so much that you have to factor into the equation. there are a lot of intangibles that go into the decision. and if there is one guy that you identify above all others to be the best fit for your team, then how much is that worth?

a quarterback is not just a player these days. a qb is the face of your franchise, a representative of your team and to many, a hero (or villain) to your city. a qb can make a coach a HOF genius or put him out the door in 3 years or less. a qb has become so important to the football team in today's NFL that it is borderline rediculous.

so with the amount of importance on this singular position, and more specifically the person, i think that getting the guy you want above all others is worth more than your 2nd or 3rd choice along with another player. but that's just my opnion and i'm wrong all the time. just ask my wife, she'll tell ya!

this is not so much a ryan nassib post as a get the qb you want post...even though i kinda want nassib.

Edited by swnybillsfan

Geno will be off the board before 8, and the Bills will pick Nassib. I dont think it will come down to a choice between Geno and Nassib for the Bills. If they decide to pass on Nassib at 8, then we will know that Marrone and Hackett dont believe Nassib has what it takes to be a franchise qb in the NFL. Because like others have said, if you know hes your guy, you wouldnt wait until the second round and possibly lose him.

Geno will be off the board before 8, and the Bills will pick Nassib. I dont think it will come down to a choice between Geno and Nassib for the Bills. If they decide to pass on Nassib at 8, then we will know that Marrone and Hackett dont believe Nassib has what it takes to be a franchise qb in the NFL. Because like others have said, if you know hes your guy, you wouldnt wait until the second round and possibly lose him.

I'll buy that for the most part... except that if both Geno and Nassib are there at #8 I don't see the Bills taking Geno... he just aint the best fit for their offense. And... I do see it as a possibility that both will be there at #8.

There is no chance in hell that the Bills take Nassib with the #8 pick, regardless of if Geno Smith is off the board. The only other QB at this point who COULD be taken by us @ #8 will be EJ Manuel, who ACCEPTED an invite to the Day 1 draft. Maybe his agent knows something....but Nassib's certainly doesn't.

I forsee us passing on a QB @ #8 anyway, and possibly trading back IF a team has interest in a player who falls to our #8 pick (Johnson, Milliner). Nassib is good don't get me wrong, but we can always trade back in to the 1st (SF) and grab him, or hope that he or Barkley falls to #41.

There is no chance in hell that the Bills take Nassib with the #8 pick, regardless of if Geno Smith is off the board. The only other QB at this point who COULD be taken by us @ #8 will be EJ Manuel, who ACCEPTED an invite to the Day 1 draft. Maybe his agent knows something....but Nassib's certainly doesn't.

I forsee us passing on a QB @ #8 anyway, and possibly trading back IF a team has interest in a player who falls to our #8 pick (Johnson, Milliner). Nassib is good don't get me wrong, but we can always trade back in to the 1st (SF) and grab him, or hope that he or Barkley falls to #41.

Im down for a tradeback. I wont rule anything out though. If Nassib is who they have in mind as their franchise qb, who cares if they pick him at 8 or 22? No way they would risk losing him IF he is the guy they want. So I dont see them trading back if they feel strongly about any of the top 3 qbs. Only way they trade back if the option is available is if they like but dont love a qb candidate. Just not worth the risk.

How can you speak in such certainties when the draft is such an uncertain time?

Stop the madness. The Bills don't have a QB. They need one. They will never amount to anything without one. If you don't gamble on the one you think is best, then you have a bad strategy for team-building. The entire league is built on QB play.

There isn't that much of a difference in talent between the best overall QB and the 5th best.......

That is a massive assumption.

There are many draft analysts who grade one(or two) QBs well ahead of the pack.

.......If by some freak occurence Nassib isn't there at 13 if the Bills made the trade I suggested with Tampa, they will stil have Manuel, Barkley, and possibly even Geno to choose from......

But what if the Bills have Nassib(and maybe one other) graded as the only legit prospects in the draft......just like certain media analysts? If this is the case......and one of their two legit QB options is gone before the #8 spot.....would you risk trading down to #13 allowing the Jets to grab the only QB(according to your own board) left?