Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

1) Nassib aint a Bill

2) Why the hell would PFW name Nassib their 1st team All America, whose selections are soley based on a how a player's skill set translates to the pro game? Yeah, the pre-emininent football Pro Fooball writers came to a consensus on that.

3) This football team won 6 games with Fitz, not once, but twice, with him starting 32 games in total. Do you not think Nassib or any other QB could not do the same damn thing?

4) No one thought Tannehill would do s#it. He didn't even deserve to be the 8th pick and the Dolphins were doomed. Tannehill didn't even have a full two years as a college starter. Guess what... Dolphins are better than the Bills.

The old schoolers need a wake up call. The game is changing while you're bitching. It ain't about just one player It's about getting the right organization, the right HC, the right caoches, the right 53. If Nassib gets here, it will be because he belongs here. If not, it will be someone else who is a better fit.

The Dolphins had a much better performing defense during the 2012 season compared to the Bills. That was the reason for them being a better team in terms of Win - Loss record. It wasn't because of Tannehill...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Another regime eager to corrupt their purpose with misplaced sentiment, and "You scatch my back" politics. If this goes down the way they're saying, We'll be firing these guys in another three years.

Having red hair, does not make this kid Andy Dalton.

Ryan Nassib is one of the WORST pro prospects I've ever seen. He will be positively AWFUL as a pro.

I'd rather we didn't, but if we touch this scrub at all, it should not be before the 6th round.

RYAN NASSIB IS GARBAGE!!!!!

He is not a first round Quarterback but he has good mechanics, a strong, accurate arm, toughness and intelligence.

He will go in the second round according to the guys who do this for a living. What do you see that makes him one of the worst prospects?

Highlights against USC looks worse. Maybe because it's lack of talent around him? I have no clue but I'm still not impressed.

Not to mention the dropped balls and defensive players running free at him.

Nice!

The thought of a new coach being so "comfortable" he is hiring his best buddy and the qb he coached in college is scary. This is a Buffalo weakness in that we hire coaches who are given free rein to stumble and bumble for years without pressure and then we fire them to get another stumbler and bumbler. The coach should know that there is an EXPECTATION that he will turn the team around starting in year 1 and will be expected to be in the playoffs on year 2. That will dissuade him from taking on a flier on personal comfort selections in hiring or in drafting.

I would trust the judgement of 2 guys who have worked with the kid every day for more than 3 years over a bunch of internet 'experts' who in the past have raved about Clausen, Quinn, LeFevour, Pike, etc. Anybody on this board claiming to know whether Nassib will be a good NFL QB or not is delusional.

I highly doubt that a 33 year old first time NFL Offensive Coordinator is going to dictate the most crucial annual--- and perhaps franchise altering--- decision for a billion dollar corporation.

It's definitely a possibility, but if the Bills select Nassib, it's going to be a decision made by consensus: Marrone, Nix, Whaley and perhaps Brandon all have more weight than Hackett.

Why not when you consider this billion dollar corporation will sink or swim on the throwing arm of a 22 year old kid.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I really don't know which of the group of 8 to 10 college QB's coming out is going to end up good - I'm sure half or more will end up playing and playing well - the draft might not have the clear cut elite QB's, but it's got a bunch of guys who fit into the Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, Dalton mold, the kind of QB's you can see are 2nd or 3rd round talent, but who might climb up into the first, and any of whom might end up playing great. So, if they go Nassib then I trust they know what they're getting. Frankly, if Marrone is sure that Nassib has all the tools necessary to be successful in the NFL, then I'm sold. It does have to be considered a plus that he likes the cold, that he is tough, etc. - those are traits that Nix definitely looks for in guys who might come to Buffalo.

What is this based on? Why don't we see how he grades out before we make stupid and thoughtless assumptions. I've yet to hear about this guy going in the first round. Do you really think we would take him just because the coach is familiar with him. Come on man. Weak thread.

Tell me exactly why everybody is so impressed because I don't see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfM3SpGv1IM

in just this one game, there is alot to like there.....a solid 2nd round pick.....

PRO's- quick, strong, compact release. very accurate. average mobility.

CON's- ball comes out a little low.

NOTES- his offensive line looked weak and his WR's dropped alot of balls that were catchable in the NFL.

draft him in the 2nd and someone else in the 1st....that's right....i want two fresh faces.

I would trust the judgement of 2 guys who have worked with the kid every day for more than 3 years over a bunch of internet 'experts' who in the past have raved about Clausen, Quinn, LeFevour, Pike, etc. Anybody on this board claiming to know whether Nassib will be a good NFL QB or not is delusional.

Thats Blasphemy! According to a number of posters here Quinn has not yet gotten enough of a chance to prove himself (even though he is already on his 3rd team). Claussen also hasn't sucked enough yet to be entirely written off. The Bills were wrong to not get him in the 2nd round .

I see a pretty good college qb working in a single read system. A guy with poor pocket presence and average accuracy. The kids only up side is arm strength and he seems tough as nails

I couldn't disagree with you more. If the bills take him(which I hope they dont). I expect him to not only not be a backup but to be out of the league in a short period of time.

Until a college QB prospect demonstrates the ability to succeed at the NFL level, there will always be folks who doubt him, which is very understandable,

thats OK, because he's going to prove himself...

Thats Blasphemy! According to a number of posters here Quinn has not yet gotten enough of a chance to prove himself (even though he is already on his 3rd team). Claussen also hasn't sucked enough yet to be entirely written off. The Bills were wrong to not get him in the 2nd round .

LOL. A saw a post where somebody here recently suggested that the Bills should trade for Clausen

in just this one game, there is alot to like there.....a solid 2nd round pick.....

PRO's- quick, strong, compact release. very accurate. average mobility.

CON's- ball comes out a little low.

NOTES- his offensive line looked weak and his WR's dropped alot of balls that were catchable in the NFL.

draft him in the 2nd and someone else in the 1st....that's right....i want two fresh faces.

This^.. but people see what they want to see i guess.

If we take Nassib because he's "comfortable" with the system and the coaches worked with him in college, that is a PISS poor reason for taking him. I want no part of any QBs coming out of this year's draft.

so we should draft no QB's. Nassib will be a good-great pro.

What is this based on? Why don't we see how he grades out before we make stupid and thoughtless assumptions. I've yet to hear about this guy going in the first round. Do you really think we would take him just because the coach is familiar with him. Come on man. Weak thread.

What else is there to do at this time of year besides making thoughtless assumptions. Really, none of us know how any player drafted will turn out. I wanted Wilson last year=win. I wanted Colt McCoy also=bad. Speculation, guessing, it's all fun.

The thought of a new coach being so "comfortable" he is hiring his best buddy and the qb he coached in college is scary. This is a Buffalo weakness in that we hire coaches who are given free rein to stumble and bumble for years without pressure and then we fire them to get another stumbler and bumbler. The coach should know that there is an EXPECTATION that he will turn the team around starting in year 1 and will be expected to be in the playoffs on year 2. That will dissuade him from taking on a flier on personal comfort selections in hiring or in drafting.

I think Marrone himself expects to make the Playoffs in year one with this team, even if Fitz is the QB. Running CJ more, and better D play and its possible we make it last year. Next years schedule is brutal though.

Wow after watching that USC game I'm more concerned about Marrone's ability to coach an offensive line than I was about Nassib as a QB. Those tackles were getting blown off the line every play forcing the QB into the DTs. WRs had a ton of drops and blown assignments and the the RB could not get a chip block in to save his life.

The first pick was a horrible desperation play by Nassib, he needs to just take the sack there. Trying to do too much. There was a play later in the game that should have been a TD, but there was a bit too much air under it and the DB swats it down. Second pick was a on a batted ball as the pocket collapsed so I can't place all the blame on him.

Still, taking him prior to the 3rd is not something I want to see

Great. Another regime eager to corrupt their purpose with misplaced sentiment, and "You scatch my back" politics. If this goes down the way they're saying, We'll be firing these guys in another three years.

Having red hair, does not make this kid Andy Dalton.

Ryan Nassib is one of the WORST pro prospects I've ever seen. He will be positively AWFUL as a pro.

I'd rather we didn't, but if we touch this scrub at all, it should not be before the 6th round.

RYAN NASSIB IS GARBAGE!!!!!

You know nothing about any of these guys. You will eat your words hater.

Wow after watching that USC game I'm more concerned about Marrone's ability to coach an offensive line than I was about Nassib as a QB. Those tackles were getting blown off the line every play forcing the QB into the DTs. WRs had a ton of drops and blown assignments and the the RB could not get a chip block in to save his life.

The first pick was a horrible desperation play by Nassib, he needs to just take the sack there. Trying to do too much. There was a play later in the game that should have been a TD, but there was a bit too much air under it and the DB swats it down. Second pick was a on a batted ball as the pocket collapsed so I can't place all the blame on him.

Still, taking him prior to the 3rd is not something I want to see

They were playign with backuop tackles as Pugh, all big east the last 3 years missed that and first 5 games or so. Watch at last 1/2 of season once Pugh played and tackles were back in order. Pugh is likely 2nd round LT choice BTW for thoise that do not know the kid.