Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Just FYI, NFL scouts dont even stay in Mobile for the game. They leave two days before because its walk throughs and the game the last two days. Conversely, every scout and coach is there for the week of the practices.

That should tell you all you need to know about the Sr Bowl

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI, NFL scouts dont even stay in Mobile for the game. They leave two days before because its walk throughs and the game the last two days. Conversely, every scout and coach is there for the week of the practices.

That should tell you all you need to know about the Sr Bowl

I guess Nassib can thank his lucky stars that the NFL scouts never saw him look shell shocked against college seniors in that game. It's not like the game was televised or anything.

Yahoo's Mike Silver reports there's a "growing sense in NFL circles" that the Bills will target Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib with the No. 41 overall pick.

"If I'm a team that needs a quarterback and wants the Syracuse kid, I know I've gotta get ahead of Buffalo in the second round," said an AFC executive. Per Silver, it's "hard to conceive" the Bills taking new coach Doug Marrone's college quarterback at No. 8, but that could change if he "starts shooting up draft boards." Nassib's stock is murky, but he won't fall beyond day two.

Hell be bottom of the second round, at best. He will be there at 41 easy. From all the talk I keep hearing, not from Bills fans, this kid is a career back up at best. There have been a few scouts on NFL Radio, Pollian, and Kerwin a former GM, none are impressed with the kid and view him as a 3-4th round talent. If the Bills reach for a QB in the 2nd they could do much better. than Nassib

I agree with this. I do not think he will last until 41. If that is the Bills plan, then they will be shut out again. I am not convinced he is worth the number 8 either, but there are too many teams ahead of Buffalo to assume he, or anyone else they might be considering with that pick, will last until 41. If they think he is the guy, or whoever else they think might be the guy, they either need to take him at 8 or agressively move back to the first. A win/win would be getting a great prospect at 8, and then trading back into the last third of the first round and getting a QB, IMO.

Not a bad idea getting back into the bottom of the first. It all depends on Barkley though. Trading into the first for anybody else doesn't really make sense. Getting SF 34 would be nice, not sure what it would cost though. Depends who is there. I think if the normal run on QB's doesn't happen look for 32-40 to go like wild fire for teams looking for a QB. If we are gonna reach for a QB in the 2nd, go Bray or Manuel. Not a guy who by all accounts isn't going to be a good pro without a ton of work

Hell be bottom of the second round, at best. He will be there at 41 easy. From all the talk I keep hearing, not from Bills fans, this kid is a career back up at best. There have been a few scouts on NFL Radio, Pollian, and Kerwin a former GM, none are impressed with the kid and view him as a 3-4th round talent. If the Bills reach for a QB in the 2nd they could do much better. than Nassib

Not a bad idea getting back into the bottom of the first. It all depends on Barkley though. Trading into the first for anybody else doesn't really make sense. Getting SF 34 would be nice, not sure what it would cost though. Depends who is there. I think if the normal run on QB's doesn't happen look for 32-40 to go like wild fire for teams looking for a QB. If we are gonna reach for a QB in the 2nd, go Bray or Manuel. Not a guy who by all accounts isn't going to be a good pro without a ton of work

In this QB class, speculating that for one Ryan Nassib will at best late 2nd round combined with the career backup comment almost makes your post laughable,

hahahaha, OK, it was laughable :nana:

I disagree with you and MDFan.

The top 8 players this year don't seem as certain as in years past.

I am vehemently against drafting at #8 and then burning up picks trying to trade back up into the first round.

I would much rather the Bills try to trade out of the #8 spot and actually pick up additional draft picks.

These valuations of talent and draft picks are important.

A team has to constantly, inexorably try to buy low and sell high, and to not erode their own valuables by making desperate reach moves. A team has to value draft picks relative to talent on hand.

The 8th pick is of less value to us than it is a team which covets Milliner or one of the 3 OTs.

Also, why decrease your number of draft picks when you can increase them? Especially in a draft like this one?

us getting Nassib...

+) we can draft BPA first round, get him second round... our coaches know him, he knows our coaches... a new locker room is set from day one, and if you don't believe in this kid - get out!

-) we pass on Geno/Barkley to invest in him... he doesn't pan out, and the entire ship sinks

awful scenario) we like him, pass on Geno/Barkley round one, then someone else takes him before us in the second

worse case scenario) we draft him at 8... and he is the first QB taken

Why does everyone think it's a good thing for us to get the HC, OC and QB all from the same college squad?

Everyone? You haven't been around much. That said, how can it NOT be a good thing for a rookie QB to already have familiarity with his coaches and system?

Getting Nassib would be a good thing, not because his coach and OC are already here. While that is a bonus simply because it takes out a large portion of the 2 year learning curve they always talk about. But its good because he has the tools, there isnt a QB in this draft that is a guarentee and while a few guys have an attribute or two that are better than Nassib, he is one of the few that has SOLID attributes across the board, most of the others are good here but poor there...Nassib is good all the way, not good enough to bet the farm but good enough to say that he has the ability to be great.....but like EVERY PLAYER in this draft and every other draft, he also has the potential to bust.

I want someone else to draft Nassib and then he be so upset he isn't playing for Marrone that he pulls a Payton Manning and refuses to play (put on the hat). The team who drafted him are forced to release him or trade him cheap which allows him to come to Buffalo. After being reunited with his old coach they both light up the league and they become the brady/belichek of the next decade.