Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

My real point is this...We could end up with Syracuse HC, Offensive Coordinator, and QB....Is this what real change looks like? I guess its far different then what is normal around here. But how much better are these candidates based on there prior experience (The only thing we can judge them on) It is not very impressive by any means...That was my real point, sorry if I failed to communicate it correctly. Thanks for your response though, definitely sheds a better light on this then I'd imagined. Just don't go about it in such a mean way next time! ;)

Sorry, I certainly didn't intend for anything to come across as mean. It is past 2am, though.

:beer:

I thought enough of Hackett's comments regarding Nassib in that video to transcribe them in another thread. I guess it's only logical for a new head coach to bring coaches with him that he is familiar with--- and although many of us here on TSW (myself included) are very nervous with Hackett's inexperience, I think it is going too far to assume he is going to be able to dictate the team's personnel strategy to such a degree that we draft his pet project QB.

I think it's possible the Bills draft Nassib, and I wouldn't think it's the end of the world. FWIW, the player that made Syracuse's offense the juggernaut it was is Nassib. They're not talking about bringing the whole Orangemen to Western NY, it's just a few affectionate quotes about a player he coached for 3 years.

It's late, and I've been thinking about Syracuse so much tonight and the past few days that I now hate the color orange. :flirt:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof at 4:40 in this video...But I strongly encourage you guys to watch the entire thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yk4CcoJWKA

Up tempo SmashMouth offense just what I wanted, I new Russ would start listening to me after we sat down at Tempo :D .

As far as Nassib goes, it's only natural that coaches players are loyal and therefore biased towards each other. If it were up to the players they would have not fired Chan and co ( UGH) so he can want him all he wants but its up to Nix if he wants him or not.

I'm not sold on Nassib but having the same coaches he had in college would be a plus but I really believe we would have to draft another QB in a few years to get to the next level.

If we can't get Flacco we need a decent veteran to take over and then draft Bray. if they want to go strait with a rookie then Landry Jones is the choice but he needs more "it" factor.

QBs that I like for 2014 are AJ McCaron, Casey Pachal and Blake Bortles.

You clearly didn't watch the video, he basically said "If I was in the NFL, I would take him". Well he is now in the NFL and best friends with our new head coach....Connect the dots people! I think we take BPA at our 8th spot and either grab Tassib in second round or trade up in late first to get him if they are worried. He will be a Bill next year, isn't this so exciting guys! The Bills are transplanting a sub-pay Syracuse team to the pros to run the Bills!! STATUS QUO!

connect the dots to reality bro, Hackett is not the GM. They will (hopefully) pick the best QB they can and Nassib is not it.

and they are not transplanting Cuse here, the DC took the HC job there so we are getting a NFL guy on D, so relax.

Marrone knows what he wants and clearly he thinks Hackett can do it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen. We have slightly better than a 1 in 30 shot of getting him. Just because we have a member of our staff who likes the guy doesnt mean at all that he is going to be the Bills quarterback. That is just obsurd.

#1 Its not a one man decision

#2 People arent going to risk their careers on a second tier college QB

#3 Many other teams may want him

#4 He would have to be available when we draft AND BY AVAILABLE I DEFINITELY DONT MEAN AT #8 OVERALL!!

Not saying I'm sold on Nassib by any means, but when I watch his play vs. #9 Louisville and Missouri (hostile crowd), I see accuracy, decisiveness, toughness, pretty good vision, good touch on the ball and more than adequate mobility. In 2012, had 21 TDs and 7 INTs. Good size at 6'3", 227. We'll see how he does in the Senior Bowl.

Great. Another regime eager to corrupt their purpose with misplaced sentiment, and "You scatch my back" politics. If this goes down the way they're saying, We'll be firing these guys in another three years.

Having red hair, does not make this kid Andy Dalton.

Ryan Nassib is one of the WORST pro prospects I've ever seen. He will be positively AWFUL as a pro.

I'd rather we didn't, but if we touch this scrub at all, it should not be before the 6th round.

RYAN NASSIB IS GARBAGE!!!!!

You need to get used to the idea of Ryan Nassib being the QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Ryan Nassib is going to be a good, If not great NFL QB in my opinion.

JK is a hero of mine, not just on the Football field, a hero in life. I've always felt in the back of my mind theres no way the Buffalo Bills will ever leave Town because JK simply won't let it happen.

Ryan Nassib reminds me of JK ...

Great read Damond, Thanks man :thumbsup:

Not saying I'm sold on Nassib by any means, but when I watch his play vs. #9 Louisville and Missouri (hostile crowd), I see accuracy, decisiveness, toughness, pretty good vision, good touch on the ball and more than adequate mobility. In 2012, had 21 TDs and 7 INTs. Good size at 6'3", 227. We'll see how he does in the Senior Bowl.

I see a pretty good college qb working in a single read system. A guy with poor pocket presence and average accuracy. The kids only up side is arm strength and he seems tough as nails

You need to get used to the idea of Ryan Nassib being the QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Ryan Nassib is going to be a good, If not great NFL QB in my opinion.

I couldn't disagree with you more. If the bills take him(which I hope they dont). I expect him to not only not be a backup but to be out of the league in a short period of time.

Says nothing about us drafting him in rounds 1 or 2. Just because we got the Syracuse coach doesn't mean we'll be drafting Syracuse guys.

Basically says he's tough, loves the cold, blah blah blah. Don't see the connection. We'll be drafting him because he likes the cold?

I'm not sure how you can watch that and not agree with the posters viewpoint?? Its all just opinions at this time of course, but its a pretty strong indication that Hackett would be pushing for him. Given that Marrone's made him his first hire and is also from Syracuse..... hmmm, nevermind, you're right there's nothing there other than that he likes the cold???

I know Nassib is a big local favorite, but I just don't see it with him. With the team that we currently have, and the plan that Nix has vaguely laid out (getting a WR so stevie can move inside), I can't help but think that our pick at QB will be a guy that is more of a plug n play guy, and to me that's not Nassib. Obviously, I'm on record as a big Geno Smith Fan, however, if he indeed does go before we pick, I think a guy like Tyler Wilson would be a much better fit than Nassib. Living in SEC country, I've had plenty of opportunity to watch Wilson under center @ Arkansas, and while he has had his ups and downs, I think his skill set and upside is exactly what we are looking for moving forward.

I'm not 'seeing It' in Nassib either. Don't like his mechanics and don't want to go through another 'QB Tutor' episode. Wounds are still fresh from the Fitz debacle.

It's sad that the off season has been our most exciting time of the year this century.

Yeah Utterly ridiculous...How so?

The Bills already stated they will be drafting a QB in this draft to replace Fitz. You really do not think they will be taking Nassib after grabbing Syracuse HC and OC? Not to mention he is one of the top 5 QBs listed in most mocks going in the 2nd round mainly.

We just hired a coach and offensive coordinator from a sub par college program that went 25-25. Maybe not status quo, but they did not make the splash to take a proven winner in the NFL in Lovie (who also wanted to come here). I personally see no improvement in this team and it saddens me.

The Bills former coaches are loaded with NFL re-treads. Jauran, Chan, Wade are all guys that had some success as an NFL coach, were eventually fired, and were mainly unsuccessful as the Bills HC (except for Wade, arguably). We went from having the worst HC in the league, yes the worst (as far as decision making, play calling, motivation, game management) to a guy that is, by most accounts, the exact opposite of all those traits and you see no improvement? Just because you've never heard of him? Not to mention the NFL playoffs are still going on and there has been no free agency, draft, or workouts and your making judgements already? What is with people like you? Perhaps you're the one stuck in the "status quo." I just don't get it.

I'd change to the title that we are "looking at" Nassib for sure. in the first and second rounds. Both Marrone and Hackett are raving about the guy. However from what I've read and seen I can tell he's nowhere close to being an 8th overall pick. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as Russell Wilson proved a lot of people wrong. I'd like to have him, but as I said he's not worth the 8th overall pick, so I'd only feel comfortable if we traded back far into the first round or picked him up with our second round pick. These both carry a bit of risk that he won't be there but it's something we have to deal with.

I know Nassib is a big local favorite, but I just don't see it with him. With the team that we currently have, and the plan that Nix has vaguely laid out (getting a WR so stevie can move inside), I can't help but think that our pick at QB will be a guy that is more of a plug n play guy, and to me that's not Nassib. Obviously, I'm on record as a big Geno Smith Fan, however, if he indeed does go before we pick, I think a guy like Tyler Wilson would be a much better fit than Nassib. Living in SEC country, I've had plenty of opportunity to watch Wilson under center @ Arkansas, and while he has had his ups and downs, I think his skill set and upside is exactly what we are looking for moving forward.

I watched a couple of Wilson's games on youtube (Rutgers and LSU) and he looks to be the very definition of a first read "dink and dunk" college system passer. He's this year's Blaine Gabbert. I just don't understand what people here like about this guy. To me, he's a backup QB at most in the NFL. You have to have proven that you can go through progressions and throw the deep ball on a consistent basis to even be considered as a future elite QB in the NFL which is what we are all looking for in our QB pick in the draft. Someone show me a game where he's done that.

1) Nassib aint a Bill

2) Why the hell would PFW name Nassib their 1st team All America, whose selections are soley based on a how a player's skill set translates to the pro game? Yeah, the pre-emininent football Pro Fooball writers came to a consensus on that.

3) This football team won 6 games with Fitz, not once, but twice, with him starting 32 games in total. Do you not think Nassib or any other QB could not do the same damn thing?

4) No one thought Tannehill would do s#it. He didn't even deserve to be the 8th pick and the Dolphins were doomed. Tannehill didn't even have a full two years as a college starter. Guess what... Dolphins are better than the Bills.

The old schoolers need a wake up call. The game is changing while you're bitching. It ain't about just one player It's about getting the right organization, the right HC, the right caoches, the right 53. If Nassib gets here, it will be because he belongs here. If not, it will be someone else who is a better fit.