Nick Barnett "back with Bills" tweet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April fools or not, if he came cheap and they had in an inside position I would be in favor. I mean Sheep looked really BAD! Be honest do you think it may have been partly the coaching, position and scheme that made him look like shite? He was GOOD, like I don't even miss Paul Poz. in the least the year before. My guess is the FO just thinks he is old an wasn't worth the contract though. Rooks are cheaper and so are 2nd or 3rd year guys. BTW vet minimum again? STOP THE MADNESS, Please!

I was a Barnett fan UNTIL last year. I thought he played well in 2011, but I truly believe he was by FAR our worst LB on the team in 2012. His strength was always speed and quickness throughout his career, and last year he had very little of either. Let's face it, he's getting older. Without speed and quickness he is just an old undersized LB.

I'm assuming they signed him for the vet minimum, or close to it (if this is true). So I'm ok with the move for depth. Maybe Pettine can make better use of him.

I know it was a joke so this all for naught, but I just can't get behind trashing anyone based on Wanny's D last year. Everyone looked like crap, and I just think that had a lot more to do with system/coaching than most admit. Frankly, I'm willing to give everyone on defense a wash until I see them fail with Pettine.

Edited by Faustus

See above post re: lameness of OBD citing social media on their web page. OBD considers twitter a legitimate source LOL!

Some of the biggest stories in the world have been broken on twitter.

I'm glad that Barnett is back and will hopefully be playing in a more natural position.

Edited by jeremy2020

Where's all this anger coming from? Were you guys molested by an April Fool's prankster?

No anger - Just can't imagine an aging vet that has had no FA suitors "joking" about being resigned to his old team and including the name of the GM. I think it was an ill-advised tweet.

No anger - Just can't imagine an aging vet that has had no FA suitors "joking" about being resigned to his old team and including the name of the GM. I think it was an ill-advised tweet.

Was thinking about it...they said he was cut because the failed a physical. I agree the "joke" is ill advised, but, perhaps, it is his odd way of aksing the Bills to give him another chance? Kind of keeping his name, in a positive way, fresh in the minds of the Bills braintrust. He likely would play for the vet minemum. Maybe he feels he can pass a physical now, and is feeling desperate, because he isn't gettting any calls. I feel kind of sorry for him, if this is the case.

Edited by Buftex

Was thinking about it...they said he was cut because the failed a physical. I agree the "joke" is ill advised, but, perhaps, it is his odd way of aksing the Bills to give him another chance? Kind of keeping his name, in a positive way, fresh in the minds of the Bills braintrust. He likely would play for the vet minemum. Maybe he feels he can pass a physical now, and is feeling desperate, because he isn't gettting any calls. I feel kind of sorry for him, if this is the case.

But at the same time, I cant imagine any adult with enough to worry about in life reading this much into a simple, one-line April Fools tweet by a former player. Who cares?

But at the same time, I cant imagine any adult with enough to worry about in life reading this much into a simple, one-line April Fools tweet by a former player. Who cares?

Really? :rolleyes:

You can't imagine? Really? How long have you been on this board? :lol:

What passes for sports media these days, about half of it is based on tweets by athletes. If Tim Tebow made the same Tweet about returning to the Jets, it would be a huge story... it's Buffalo, we are Bills fans...Nick Barnett is Tim Tebow!

If Barnetts' Tweet was something about signing with the Patriots, or even the Dolphins, I likely wouldn't give it a moments thought if he followed it up with an "April Fools!!!" tweet... it still wouldn't be funny (most April Fools jokes are not funny), but more understandable.

Edited by Buftex

Everyone knows you can't make an April Fools joke about your profession, duh.