A word about Marcel Dareus and last year

Sorry. I know you guys are gonna say I'm insensitive and as azz but he needs to toughen up. This is a PERFECT example of the weak minded, weak hearted players we have on this roster. It's the kinda attitude that keeps us down. What did Brett Favre do when his father passed away? He played his HEART out and played one of his best games of his career on MNF, 400 yds, 4 TDs and a 154.9 rating. What did Torrey Smith do the evening after his brother passed away? 6 catches for 120 yds and 2 TDs and led the team in receiving all the way to the SB.

I realize his brother passing was a huge loss but it's these kinda moments that separate the weak from the strong. We have VERY weak players, mentally. He should've played out the season with a chip on his shoulder and played his HEART out for his brother.

Agree 100%. Being fat and slow is no way to mourn a loved one. I dislike Favre, but I watched that MNF game and my thought was he wanted to do dad proud.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, hey, I'm a guy on a message board and I think Dareus is a lazy sack of **** who doesn't deserve that money!!!

Should make everyone take a step back and understand you rarely know everything going on with these guys, and keeping your mouth shut is generally the prudent course of action. This is doubly true for a 23-year-old kid undergoing the sort of emotional tragedy Dareus went through.

But, hey, I'm a guy on a message board and I think Dareus is a lazy sack of **** who doesn't deserve that money!!!

Should make everyone take a step back and understand you rarely know everything going on with these guys, and keeping your mouth shut is generally the prudent course of action. This is doubly true for a 23-year-old kid undergoing the sort of emotional tragedy Dareus went through.

He's not doing the job he's paid to do. Think he cashed the checks despite his emotional distress however.

I also put all last seasons defensive horrorshow on Wannstadt to each play and player.

Name one that looked like they knew the role and played to potential.

Name one ....

I have a rebuff for each by the way.

Dave ruined it by being out of touch with the NFL and his men. then the players gave up. across the board.

I also put all last seasons defensive horrorshow on Wannstadt to each play and player.

Name one that looked like they knew the role and played to potential.

Name one ....

I have a rebuff for each by the way.

Dave ruined it by being out of touch with the NFL and his men. then the players gave up. across the board.

I don't disagree with your premise.....and hopefully it will be shown to be true this season with Pettine getting the best out of the players.

.....but to play devil's advocate, I'd say Byrd knew his role and played to potential. :devil:

Sorry. I know you guys are gonna say I'm insensitive and as azz but he needs to toughen up. This is a PERFECT example of the weak minded, weak hearted players we have on this roster. It's the kinda attitude that keeps us down. What did Brett Favre do when his father passed away? He played his HEART out and played one of his best games of his career on MNF, 400 yds, 4 TDs and a 154.9 rating. What did Torrey Smith do the evening after his brother passed away? 6 catches for 120 yds and 2 TDs and led the team in receiving all the way to the SB.

I realize his brother passing was a huge loss but it's these kinda moments that separate the weak from the strong. We have VERY weak players, mentally. He should've played out the season with a chip on his shoulder and played his HEART out for his brother.

Are you really equating losing your brother, or your father, to losing your father, grandmother, and then coach, best friend, mom, and brother one right after the other? I would not have started this thread unless it was an extraordinary sequence of tragic events and not just one.

Are you really equating losing your brother, or your father, to losing your father, grandmother, and then coach, best friend, mom, and brother one right after the other? I would not have started this thread unless it was an extraordinary sequence of tragic events and not just one.

the last time a Marcel thread was started it became embarrasing when folks started to bash the the youngster Dareus.

lets not do that here please.

The kid deserves better. You ever see him smile ?

It's contagious.

Ps Dibs ..Byrd did come around but he looked lost back there with George. I did see many WTFs when he saw the broken coverage and assignments that did not make sense.

okay back to the subject

He's not doing the job he's paid to do. Think he cashed the checks despite his emotional distress however.

Good for you Jim you posted what I was thinking. You would think he would boost his play for his brother's memory.

Another poster blamed Dave W and his D style. The front 4 screwed Wannstedt and any chance he had for success. Mario was hurt, but did come back better. MD was invisible, KW signs a contract and now his foot hurts for 2 years, and MA got hurt early.

After 13 years of no playoffs, how can you guys give everyone a pass...................

Good for you Jim you posted what I was thinking. You would think he would boost his play for his brother's memory.

Another poster blamed Dave W and his D style. The front 4 screwed Wannstedt and any chance he had for success. Mario was hurt, but did come back better. MD was invisible, KW signs a contract and now his foot hurts for 2 years, and MA got hurt early.

After 13 years of no playoffs, how can you guys give everyone a pass...................

when thewhole defense set nfl records for badness. I gotta think coaching.

I could be wrong and we just had ton of crappy players on the field.

But when i watched last year the whole defense really looked out of position.

I dont want to give anyone a pass because these guys get paid to play every down as hard as possible.

So if we want to call someone out call out M Williams who is a proven proffesional making ridiculous amounts of money.

Not the kid

While I understand that being a professional, he should still do his job, I doubt many of you people calling him out would be doing so hot at your jobs after all the tragedy he's been through.

While I understand that being a professional, he should still do his job, I doubt many of you people calling him out would be doing so hot at your jobs after all the tragedy he's been through.

More so, actually. My job would has before and would serve as a distraction from real life tragedy. Dareus apparently doesn't operate that way. That's called "people being different."

If I had to bet, I'd think that Dareus rebounds and becomes a dominant player, just in time for the Bills to not sign him and let him walk as a FA to a competitive franchise.

More so, actually. My job would has before and would serve as a distraction from real life tragedy. Dareus apparently doesn't operate that way. That's called "people being different."

Same here. But I never experienced the amount of loss he has, much less at such a young age.

If I had to bet, I'd think that Dareus rebounds and becomes a dominant player, just in time for the Bills to not sign him and let him walk as a FA to a competitive franchise.

Hopefully he does. And if he proves to be worth the money, they'll re-sign him.