Fred Davis FA TE has dinner with Bills brass

Scott_36

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to the Fred interview. First, it was almost unlistenable. Second, he want's to be in Buffalo and I have a feeling he'll be signed shortly. He was basically campaigning to get a contract with the Bills. I'm sure the brass told him they were drafting a QB and/or trading for one.

In the interview I linked above, Davis said he is coming to Buffalo to take a physical, and no contract has been offered to him but that would come after the physical. He also inferred we would take a rookie at #1, although he didnt come out and say it, and that he would be very comfortable in Marrone's offense with a rookie because a TE would be a rookie QBs best friend. He said he thought himself and Chandler would make a great tandem, too. It didnt come across at all like he was blowing smoke, although it could be. He's very interested in playing for the Bills though, mostly because he wants to be wanted, and because he thinks he will get a lot of balls.

He also said he was from Ohio and playing in a small city didnt matter to him. Although he constantly said he wants to play for a team that will win, and then said the Bills have a lot of great players and a great defense. Ha. So he may just be delusional.

you have to remember, he likely doesnt watch a ton of bills tape, and we killed the skins last time around. he may think we are closer than players on other teams do.

Just listened to the Fred interview. First, it was almost unlistenable. Second, he want's to be in Buffalo and I have a feeling he'll be signed shortly. He was basically campaigning to get a contract with the Bills. I'm sure the brass told him they were drafting a QB and/or trading for one.

Yup and yup. I'm usually not one to badmouth handicap people or those with disabilities, but whose idea was it to get a guy with a clear speech impediment to be a radio host and interviewer? That said, I didn't mind the Bills homerism of the host. ;)

you have to remember, he likely doesnt watch a ton of bills tape, and we killed the skins last time around. he may think we are closer than players on other teams do.

Or, the Bills brass said that we have Mario and Kyle and Dareus and Mark Anderson and Byrd and Gilmore and he knew who Pettine was and thought, like we did last year, damn, that sounds like a great defense.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

It sounds like the visit has been moved to Thursday, possibly to accommodate the Bills Brass being at the USC Pro Day.

http://blogs.buffalo...-liked-marrone/

As stated in a topic thread, Brown is wrong. The interview was Tuesday, and he said he will be coming to Buffalo in the morning, which would be today. It's possible he since changed plans. But Brown is insisting the interview was this morning and I heard it and linked it early last night.

As stated in a topic thread, Brown is wrong. The interview was Tuesday, and he said he will be coming to Buffalo in the morning, which would be today. It's possible he since changed plans. But Brown is insisting the interview was this morning and I heard it and linked it early last night.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I could live with that situation. Wouldn't Love it, but could live it.

I am not sure a one year deal would be good for the Bills. It is not like the Bills are a player or two away from being a constant playoff contender. Why not lock him in for 3+ years with character clauses and performance kickers?

He is not over the hill and if the medical staff clears him this is what i would like.