Chris Johnson - Professional Jerk

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9078603/chris-johnson-questions-tennessee-titans-signing-shonn-greene

There's being confident, then there's being a cocky ass who would probably endure an 0-16 season gladly if it meant getting his personal achievement. I'd take Spiller over 'CJ2K' any day of the week.

Two different style runners able to play 3+ downs in series. Hmmm. sounds like a good thing to me.

Wait....

Where is Chan ?

Could this be trend ? Fred and cj were both used as feature backs, not so much changing pace to a down and distance players .

Let them go a series or so.

Be something fun to watch how Johnson and Greene do share carries. At that salary Greene should be on the field.

Two backers sets ?

Go Bills ! Go Fred and CJ !

Not many runningbacks or well anyone in athletics wants to share time. Regardless of the hyperbole you hear when it happens how "they get along" etc etc. If you're a competitor you don't want other players taking away opportunities from you. There is zero wrong with what Chris Johnson said

Johnson is playing under a 6-year $55 million contract he signed in 2011.

He recently stated his goal is still to run for 2000 yards.

At Shonn Greene's introductory press conference Greene said that he knew that Chris Johnson was the starter.

It's kinda funny to see CJ sound so threatened by the new guy. I like his competitive nature but he seems a bit insecure too.

Johnson is playing under a 6-year $55 million contract he signed in 2011.

He recently stated his goal is still to run for 2000 yards.

At Shonn Greene's introductory press conference Greene said that he knew that Chris Johnson was the starter.

It's kinda funny to see CJ sound so threatened by the new guy. I like his competitive nature but he seems a bit insecure too.

I was going to say the same thing.

Coach should give him the 40 carries a game he wants. Lets see if he makes it out of September.

CJ's comments reveal he cares about how many carries he will lose, i.e. personal stats. Shonn Greene's comments allude to defenses having a hard time accounting for two different styles of runners, and how that will benefit the offense. I wonder which guy is the "team player"? <_<

I don't see how a player can think it's ok to go to the media and B word about a teammate and potential coaching decisions, then state individual achievements as his goal instead of team ones. I know that today's athletes are narcissistic and self centered but really, this seem ok?

BTW- a big physical back like Greene and a slashing homerun hitter like Johnson would be an ideal 2-back combination if your goal was to win football games instead of getting Chris Johnson 2000+ yards. Before it became clear that the Bills weren't interested in participating in FA, I actually wondered if they might not want to take a shot at Greene to compliment CJ.

Edited by vincec

Will they take turns? BTW Greene sucks (have any of you watched him in NY?). I think Tenn. while making some good moves are wasting a bit of cash this year. I really can't see them advancing through the playoffs. Anybody with me on this?

http://espn.go.com/n...ng-shonn-greene

There's being confident, then there's being a cocky ass who would probably endure an 0-16 season gladly if it meant getting his personal achievement. I'd take Spiller over 'CJ2K' any day of the week.

me too. I think Spiller ends up having a better career also.

Will they take turns? BTW Greene sucks (have any of you watched him in NY?). I think Tenn. while making some good moves are wasting a bit of cash this year. I really can't see them advancing through the playoffs. Anybody with me on this?

they seem to be spending in all the wrong places.

I don't see how a player can think it's ok to go to the media and B word about a teammate and potential coaching decisions, then state individual achievements as his goal instead of team ones. I know that today's athletes are narcissistic and self centered but really, this seem ok?

BTW- a big physical back like Greene and a slashing homerun hitter like Johnson would be an ideal 2-back combination if your goal was to win football games instead of getting Chris Johnson 2000+ yards. Before it became clear that the Bills weren't interested in participating in FA, I actually wondered if they might not want to take a shot at Greene to compliment CJ.

We do need a 3rd RB still. My guess is that Choice is back. I'm cool with that. I'd also like to see McIntyre back and what he'd do if he ran the ball.