'Super Duper' Mark Duper beats teenager until blacks-out

Free Hat! Free Duper!

I'm jealous. I wish I had the guts to beat a teenager unconscious. When at the [wherever I pretend to be going] and see a teenager dressed like a douche some times I just want to beat their ass, too!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Cassidy's on Main and Amherst. Used to go there too.

Then down the street to the great taco place on Main near the old Tralf. Taco Grande. They steamed their tortillas and they had black beans decades before other places which used pinto beans.

Mighty Taco is awesome but Taco Grande was the best!

We would generally work our way back to Hertel, Mighty Taco or a sub from John and Mary's. More often than not I'd get a chance to see it all again about an hour later after my bed started spinning like the house In the Wizard of Oz. Good stuff!

We would generally work our way back to Hertel, Mighty Taco or a sub from John and Mary's. More often than not I'd get a chance to see it all again about an hour later after my bed started spinning like the house In the Wizard of Oz. Good stuff!

I used to go to Elmwood taco after a night on the Elmwood strip.

I'd wolf down 3 or four tacos to soak up all of that alcohol.

I wonder what brand of dog food they used for that taco meat? :-)

Judging by some of the comments, I'll guess a lot of these posters in this thread never raised or have kids.

That's probably a good thing.

Yep.

It takes a special person to tell another person that he has no basis for his opinions and accuse that person of embellishing and then when proven wrong, doesn't bother to apologize to that person.

Those are the type of people we want raising children.

Look, I have no idea what happened in this case but after working with teenagers, the majority are idiots who think they are untouchable. So many lack respect and think they can mouth off without consequences. Now, I'm not saying he should have knocked him out, but I understand. And I bet you he listens next time.

LOL. Your comment is abusrd.

A grown man (ex-football player who's not an "average man" in terms of strength), beating the **** out of his teenage son is "understandable"? You need to get your head checked.

So if one of the several body slams he gave his son resulted in a cracked skull and his kid being a vegetable or even dead, oh well, its understandable.

You understand how a grown man could choke, body slam and punch a teenage boy with a closed fist until he's unconscious? Third time arrested for violence in the last ten years? Are you saying this in character as Cornelius Bennett? I think you may have been chomping at the bit to make a point about kids these days before you really had a chance to read the story.

It's funny, because the generations before these posters were saying the same kind of things about THEM. It goes right along with "This is REAL music, not like that crap they play nowadays" that inevitably appears under any classic rock video on Youtube. Everyone thinks THEIR generation was better behaved, had better music, etc. Now it even applies to beating up teenagers.

This was his own son (and of course, the "domestic battery" priors he has).....he is a loser, and if his son is disrespectful it is likely the result of watching his old man act like a jackass.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

1. this probably has little relevance today bc it was a long time ago, and

c. idk exactly how true it is but ill tell you the story anyway ...

i had a close buddy right after college that said he knew mark duper in college (maybe it was clayton, im not sure, anyway) and he described him as if you thought about what the ultra stereotypical ghetto hoodrat was, mark duper was that guy. basically he was saying he was a selfish low-life. and if youre tempted to say something dumb about my friend being prejudiced just let me say no thats not it

of course its entirely possible duper grew up since then, but its also quite possible he never did. lots of times when those guys come in with a low-life attitude, whether from the ghetto or the trailer park, sometimes they never change despite their riches and fame cough marvin harrison cough. it might be that hes still just a douche and likes to beat up on people

Look, I have no idea what happened in this case but after working with teenagers, the majority are idiots who think they are untouchable. So many lack respect and think they can mouth off without consequences. Now, I'm not saying he should have knocked him out, but I understand. And I bet you he listens next time.

yep

yep

Maybe. Or maybe he shoots his father instead. How likely is it that Duper has beaten him severely in the past? Pretty likely....and yet his son continues "not listening". Doesn't seem to have worked so far. But maybe the tuff guys here are right, and Mark Duper just started beating his child? What do you tuff guys think?

Maybe Mark Duper (the father, the leader of men, and the loser) isn't worth listening to? Regardless, apparently he is a great person for tuff guys to live through vicariously!

I wonder what percentage of prison inmates were hit by their parents? Probably most of them....

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

That's right. When you use violence to "teach someone a lesson", the lesson you teach is that the weaker individual get's beat up regardless of the facts or right versus wrong. The next logical step is to realize that if you want things to be different next time then you need to change the power dynamic, like by getting a gun.

That's right. When you use violence to "teach someone a lesson", the lesson you teach is that the weaker individual get's beat up regardless of the facts or right versus wrong. The next logical step is to realize that if you want things to be different next time then you need to change the power dynamic, like by getting a gun.

Great post that shouldn't go unread.

Look at that little m......nevermind.

That's Alvin Garrett who Howard Cosell was talking about when he said that during a Redskins Monday Night Football game (at least that's what I remember). I remember wincing when I heard him say that. I usually liked Howard, though - he seemed to enjoy saying controversial things. There's nobody like that these days. Too bad. Edited by dbringer

You understand how a grown man could choke, body slam and punch a teenage boy with a closed fist until he's unconscious? Third time arrested for violence in the last ten years? Are you saying this in character as Cornelius Bennett? I think you may have been chomping at the bit to make a point about kids these days before you really had a chance to read the story.

I definitely was overstating things and generalizing quite a bit. It's like when one NFL player gets in trouble and people say the league is full of thugs. Most kids are good kids. However, the amount of disrespectful/ entitled kids is really on the rise, especially with males. I grew up without a dad but luckily, I respected my mom to behave the way I was supposed to. However, I do think a kick in the butt from a male figure could have definitely helped me out and saved me some trouble.

A lot of times, folks do things because they get no consequences. If someone would have checked TO's ego earlier, the guy probably wouldn't have been forced to bounce around the league. Obviously, you shouldn't beat a kid like this but honestly, a little fear is good for some young people and might save them a lot of trouble.

Maybe. Or maybe he shoots his father instead. How likely is it that Duper has beaten him severely in the past? Pretty likely....and yet his son continues "not listening". Doesn't seem to have worked so far. But maybe the tuff guys here are right, and Mark Duper just started beating his child? What do you tuff guys think?

Maybe Mark Duper (the father, the leader of men, and the loser) isn't worth listening to? Regardless, apparently he is a great person for tuff guys to live through vicariously!

I wonder what percentage of prison inmates were hit by their parents? Probably most of them....

First off, no one here is claiming to be tuff/tough guys and to me it doesn't sound like anyone here wants to live vicariously through him. Secondly, I wonder what percentage of people that were never in prison/jail were hit by there parents. Probably most of them, including me. Having said this, a beating like that is pretty extreme. Maybe Duper can blame it on too many hits to the head during his playing days.

Edited by Dopey

First off, no one here is claiming to be tuff/tough guys and to me it doesn't sound like anyone here wants to live vicariously through him. Secondly, I wonder what percentage of people that were never in prison/jail were hit by there parents. Probably most of them, including me. Having said this, a beating like that is pretty extreme. Maybe Duper can blame it on too many hits to the head during his playing days.

Agreed. At some point, timeouts stop being effective.

The things I used to see Cassidy's bouncers get away with was criminal. Those guys were aholes................But, that was the best bar ever invented, so we kept going!

Ah, a blast from the past. One of my good friends back in the day ended up being a bouncer at Cassidy's. It instantly upped his status with the 11pm-4am weekend crowd, and while we didn't hang out much after that, he'd hook us up by having us skip the line like we was Rick James (or the poor white kid version of the disco'd one). On the other hand, some of those guys were indeed d-bags. But...nickle wings and...

FREDDY'S...

SPECIAL!

FREDDY'S...

SPECIAL

Was aw'iiiiiiite.

I remember waiting in line to get into that bar. I remember the girls would take their shirts off when they spun the wheel and passed the bottle around.

First, let's make clear that this isn't the information that prior posts were reacting to. Then let's consider Duper's previous record, Then let's consider that it appears that they are both loser's (no big surprise, like father, like son).

Certainly the second article contains new information and yet again underscores the idea that people who don't know the full story shouldn't jump to conclusions (or apply generalized opinions which might not be relevant).

Also there's probably people who've posted in this thread who haven't yet clicked on and read the articles.

That's Alvin Garrett who Howard Cosell was talking about when he said that during a Redskins Monday Night Football game (at least that's what I remember). I remember wincing when I heard him say that. I usually liked Howard, though - he seemed to enjoy saying controversial things.

The thing is though that when Howard made that comment, he wasn't trying to be controversial. It was an innocent comment that went bad.